Click Here!

Time Travel And What Can Go Wrong!

Guest Septra

I have a theory here. Hence the topic.

We all know Kagome and Inuyasha can use the well. But what if something went wrong and Inuyasha ended up in another time and another place. Let's say a month before he was due to draw his first breath on this planet.

What do you think is likely to happen if he went looking around for trouble?

And remember, this is Inuyasha we are talking about. Common sense does not apply.

blink.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

ph34r.gif

Septra

Well I don't know that the bone-eather's well can mess up to that degree (wouldn't it have happened by now if it were unstable?), but I'll bite.

You really must explain this a bit more. Do you mean what if InuYasha could somehow prevent his father's death, perhaps? First of all, he prolly would not have tetsusaiga, InuYasha that is. Or if he did it might not work.

The basics of time travel is this: You don't want to meet yourself or any reletives, otherwhise you might unravel the whole of reality. Exactly what is the point of this story, the plot and all? If you want help, you might want to throw out a little more info.

Don't worry about me stealing your idea or anything like that. laugh.gif I haven't written for the fandom in ages and don't see myself starting back up any time soon.

• 1 month later...
Something I've always seen as odd.

Inuyasha's very "Paradox free" for a Time travel show.

thought I'd throw that in.

laugh.gif Very good point. So perhaps it could be pushed as canon, a complete lack of paradox. I mean, Kagome has technically interacted with a version of herself, albiet an undead one....And, you know, the world fabric of reality hasn't imploded--yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I've seen that deals with time travel on a big level in the show is the 'Hojo(past) married a Kagome' and the third movie I think where the third sword comes from the future and into the past and all the other good stuff. But, as said before, for a time travel show it doesn't do much. Which some times is a good thing, or bad thing, when you look at the show. What I mean is more time stuff would really help break up the same old same old feel the show has after episode 124.

tongue.gif Now I don't rightly know about the Hojo thing but you gotta take into account both mangaverse and animeverse. In the InuYasha anime, there's a ton of filler episodes, especially after the Band of 7 storyline, and none of the InuYasha movies are even remotely canon (aside from the characters involved). So you gotta think about this: What version of canon are we looking at here because as similar as they might seem on the surface, mangaverse and animeverse are vastly different. The rules are pretty straight forward in the manga, whereas the anime bends shit around a little bit, just to be "cute". And the movies! pinch.gif They just throw canon out the window!

• 2 months later...
Guest Admkraken

I've thought about embarking on a story based on a what-if. That is, imagine what all could happen if Kagome suddenly ended up one day traveling fifty+ years earlier into time, when the whole crap with Onigumo/Naraku, Kikyo, and Inuyasha was about to go down. Would she change what happened, or what?

I've thought about embarking on a story based on a what-if. That is, imagine what all could happen if Kagome suddenly ended up one day traveling fifty+ years earlier into time, when the whole crap with Onigumo/Naraku, Kikyo, and Inuyasha was about to go down. Would she change what happened, or what?

Hmmm...seems to me that would completely contridict the point of "InuYasha". *thinks* Letsee...If I remember correctly, the general idea goin' when it comes to the Onigumo/Kikyou/InuYasha fiasco and how that connects with Kagome is so was...called into the past due to unfinished business. All that fate crap. Her past incarnation fucked up good and proper and so she needed to fix things.

Of course if there's something you really want to touch on then by all means go after it.

Guest Admkraken

Well I was just thinking about what all could happen. Kikyo seems to be a very skeptical person. Would she and Inuyasha even believe Kagome's story, espically when it comes to the part about betraying each other? And how would Naraku adjust his plans after learning about Kagome's presence? So many potential and interesting variables. And remember this is 50 years earlier. If a similar group was formed in place of the old one, then the likely participants would be say, Miroku's grandfather, Shippou's father, and Sango's father. And how would Kikyo react to Sesshomaru coming after Inuyasha and the Tetsuaiga? Like I said, a lot of potential and interesting variables.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that's what i wanna know! why can inuyasha go through the well? and at the start, centipede woman went through, and yura's hair did, but no other youkai have gone through? lol, imagine if naraku went and destroyed tokyo!

And the lack of youkai in the future...i always decided to think of it as an alternate world rather than the future. , but then, trying to think of reasons why there couldn't be any, i came up with this idea i think im going to use for a fanfic as well as some originals.

it's kinda stupid, but fun. here's what i hought of:

vampires existed, like, in euprope or soemwhere, and having such long lifespans, they came up with technology a long long time before humans did, and set themselves up a little country of their own, and developed more technology, eventualy figuring out how to repress youkai abilities, and so they killed/enslaved the youkai all over the world, coming to attack all japan's youkai shortly after the shikon no tama gets completed. so thats why we dont have youkai running all over the place. and these vampires live in the burmuda triangle, and force youkai into creating barriers so we stupid humans don't really notice anything much weird there or see they have a massive island there. And from there, they secretly rule over our entire world! and what if it all gets ruined by inuyasha or someone, and the world is full of escaping and pissed off youkai all of a sudden?

i've got so many ideas in my head for plots using this premise...a story of some kind will certainly end up being written, but, naturaly i'll explain the whole vampire idea better in my story than that long winded, ncoherent types rant i just wrote.

• 2 weeks later...

InuYasha can go through the well because of Goshinboku (the god-tree). He has a connection there in both past and present.

There is a strong possiblity that there are still demons in the present, they've just learned to hide and adapt quite well. Barring that, they were probably all killed or driven out of their lands due to all the conflicts. Whichever the case, they're doing a lot of hiding and some do exist (that mask for instance).

Yura of the hair just sat in the bottom of the well waiting for Kagome. I don't recall her ever crossing over.

that's right, there was that mask! and there was that youkai that the dead children's souls hung around, in the present too if i remember right...

yura didn't go through the well, but i remember she was able to send some of her hair through...

and then there were those dried youkai kagome took through the well with her that got boiled and changed from food into youkai lol

• 3 weeks later...

Ah...right the hair went through. It's been awhile since I've read the manga and I've pretty much lost all track of the series now. Last I knew there was gonna be a throw-down between Naraku and Mouryomaru. I presume that Naraku won....

I got frustrated with the anime because it got to a point where I didn't know what was filler and what wasn't. I suppose it doesn't matter; I just never liked mixing and matching my canons because often anime canon is vastly different and/or contridicts the original manga.

Oh, just to return somewhat on topic. For anyone's who's reading this and considering something crazy with the well, do keep in mind that the "InuYasha" movies rarely count towards anything when it comes to any proper canon. I seem to recall some crazy time-slipping shit happening in "Swords of an Honourable Ruler".

• 4 weeks later...

I would say it's all one timeline. If I remember right there are three types of timeline theories. I can't really explain them, but I do know that Inuyasha follows the 'It's writen' timeline theory. What that means that everything in the timeline happens and cannot be changed. Even going back in time will not change the event. However, it might be the cuase of said event. I watch a great deal of Sci-Fi so this is the best you might get.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.