Click Here!

Disaster relief organizations

DemonGoddess

In light of some very large natural disasters which have occurred, I'm putting up links to these organizations and pinning the topic.

American Red Cross

AmeriCares

International Federation for Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

Network for Good

United Way Worldwide Disaster Fund

I realize things are tough for all of us. It's not easy in this economy to find extra, particularly when so many of us don't HAVE it. Having said that, there are always ways to contribute other than actual money. So please, assist where you can, if you are able. Every little bit makes a difference.

• 1 month later...
Guest livid fire

Whatever I as a poor soul give wont be enogh to save not even one person.Zhat is a fact.Unfortunatly when things like these happen ppl's survival depends on how much ( even though times are "hard" on them too)the rich ppl are willing to spew.

ANd unfortunatly..it's not much.

So all I can do is pray.Not much good did it do when ppl prayed for me during the war, not much good will it do to these ppl I'll be praying for.

But here goes nothing, after all I do believe in some form of afterlife and God so I'll be asking the higher entity to give them strenght to hang on till more help arrives.

If it's one thing ppl need when things get blown to hell is a bit of faith to hold on till they can manage on their own.

And some food&water which I have∧ would give but noone wil transport it there without involvement of an AGENCY(pick any) and all they want from me/us is money so they can use it to do "good".

Yeah, right.And we wonder why ppl die.Maybe it's because they're waiting for the politic conflict between the countries"helping", religious war between the ppl helping and finally they're waiting till these agencies divide the money so they can spend as little possible on the ppl in need by using used stuff and almost exipred medical equipment and medicines to help.

Cholera?Wtf?How did that happen?

Oh, yeah it must be they got sick form all the "help" they're getting.

Edited by livid fire

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

A reminder, if you can manage it, to donate to disaster relief. The need is great, worldwide. ESPECIALLY in Japan and New Zealand at the moment.

If you're more interested in domestic type relief, the sites linked to above can and do have it set up for you to donate to specific regions.

Finally, if you look at most of 'em, money is not the ONLY donation accepted. There are many other forms of donations which aid organizations take all the time.