Click Here!

Call for Anatomy Expertise

shinigamiinochi

If anyone knows anything about anatomy, it would be a big help. I need to know if there is a place on the front of a person (preferably the chest area) that can paralyze them, or give them an intense amount of pain (preferably both) when someone stabs them there. I know nothing about anatomy and this sort of thing isn't easy to find on the internet.

If anyone knows anything about anatomy, it would be a big help. I need to know if there is a place on the front of a person (preferably the chest area) that can paralyze them, or give them an intense amount of pain (preferably both) when someone stabs them there. I know nothing about anatomy and this sort of thing isn't easy to find on the internet.

Not sure about the front but I do know that damage to the spine can cause paralyzation, most specifically the back of the upper neck and area between the shoulders. This is your best bet for paralyzation because there is nothing protecting the spine where as the front has the rib cage and other parts that block access to the spine which has all the major nerves. Hope that helps in some way

First, the link to the search parameter I used. Loads and loads of links there to help you.

Second, a visual.

Finally, if you've ever been hit in the solar plexus, it knocks the wind out of you, hurts like hell, and in general disables you pretty damn quick. Had a horse kick me there when I was cleaning feet.

• 4 weeks later...

Like the others have said, there's not an actual nerve in the chest area that can lead to paralysis. At most, you'll get your wind knocked out, feel faint and dizzy for a moment, or might actually faint. In extremely rare cases with very hard blows to the sternum, your heart might stop and you might go into cardiac arrest (I will repeat that this is VERY rare, since it requires perfect timing and force on the blow's behalf).

The nerves that you are looking for are in the back, as Karategirl mentioned. However, the neck is NOT a good place to do this, since that's where the respiratory nerves emerge from the spine, and severing them can lead to an inability to breathe (and shortly thereafter, asphyxiation and death).

What I'd suggest, based on what you're asking, is a very strong blow to the back, or severing the spinal cord with a bladed instrument. The extent of the paralysis will depend on the location of the injury. If you want them alive but completely paralysed, then just below the neck will do. A little lower and they'll have control of their arms.

As for the "intense amount of pain" bit, then cracking someone's sternum or ribs hurts like HELL. And what's worst, the person can't even breathe properly without suffering periodic flashes of pain whenever they inhale and/or exhale.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Shadowknight12