Click Here!

Unpopular Animes

Guest Emikochan

Guest Emikochan

I like talk about these series and nobody has no clue what they are. For example, TACTICS, does anybody know what it is? Has anybody heard of it? Another one is E's Otherwise, do you guys know? Or how about Karin (chibi vampire)?

Do you guys know this stuff? Or do you guys suffer the same thing i do? Telling people of series you love but they have no clue? sad.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that problem all the time. Just look at my work. :\

The size of a fandom isn't as important as the quality of the work, IMO.

I've heard of Chibi Vampire and E's otherwise. I haven't heard of TACTICS though. I thought Chibi Vampire was just stupid though.

A lot of the fandoms I write in - Galaxy Angel, Girls Bravo, Ninja Nonsense: The Legend of Shinobu - has anyone heard of these?

Guest Emikochan
galaxy angel- has anyone heard of these?

yes i know that show, it was about a group of space girls right? It really had a better manga story though. They really killed it in the anime. sad.gif

I know what you mean! I keep mentioning Zenki, Kotetsu, The Twelve Kingdoms, Black Jack and people either say they faintly remember the series or have no idea what I'm talking about *heavy sigh*

Emikochan Posted on Aug 31 2006, 01:27 PM

I like talk about these series and nobody has no clue what they are. For example, TACTICS, does anybody know what it is? Has anybody heard of it? Another one is E's Otherwise, do you guys know? Or how about Karin (chibi vampire)?

Do you guys know this stuff? Or do you guys suffer the same thing i do? Telling people of series you love but they have no clue? 

No, you guys are just way too geeky for me. I thought I was bad. Could you describe the story lines? I remember starting to watch one or two, but if there were too many panty shots, I just didn't finish it. Also, if they are very old, I didn't start getting into anime until much later than the usual anime freak. When I first saw it, I didn't like it (too many repetitious moves, talking heads, no action) I thought the artists were lazy. The first one I really liked was The Vision of Escaflowne, and it was old when I started to get sucked into it.

Do you guys know this stuff? Or do you guys suffer the same thing i do? Telling people of series you love but they have no clue? sad.gif

E's Otherwise sounds familiar but I can't come up with anything on it. I downloaded some episodes of Karin recently but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. And I don't know the first one at all.

I don't really have any anime that I watch that's not extremely popular, at least I don't think so, but I do have some manga. There's Kare First Love. I found a copy randomly online some time ago that somebody had scanslated and I loved it. It's actually over here now, but not many people I know have heard of it. I actually just got one of my friends hooked on it.

Then there's Hot Gimmick, it's more common (it's actually a category on here), but there are still a lot of people I know who haven't heard of it. sad.gifI actually just finished Volume 10, I hated the ending. I decided to check out the section and someone right in their summary says what happens in Volume 11. I wanted to cry, she just ruined it for me and what's going to happen is not something I want to see happen. I really hate it when people do that.

Then there's Haru wo daiteita. I don't know how I found it, but I like the story. I like the love story between Katou and Iwaki.

• 2 months later...

I've finished Tactics. The graphics are beautiful and the story was very interesting, but then again, I enjoy anything that ties in mythology and folklore. The characters were interesting as well. Kantarou is adorable. smile.gif

The other ones I haven't heard of.

yes i know that show, it was about a group of space girls right? It really had a better manga story though. They really killed it in the anime. sad.gif

Hmm. I liked the anime better. It was funnier. The manga had points that were hard to follow in places.

We'll see how GA II does.

Let's throw out a few more - Elemental Gelade, A.I. Love You, Hyper Police, and Bomber Girl. anyone hear of these?

Lensman is a pretty unknown anime (however, it is popular in Japan though). It's loosely based off of E.E "Doc" Smith's novels from the 1930's to the 1950's. Even though it's not faithful to the books, I still think it is fun to watch.

LENSMEN!!! That anime ROCKED!!!!

God, I watched it when I was a kid and wanted one of those lens thingies sooooooo badly! laugh.gif

We have it on VHS somewhere in the house...

LENSMEN!!! That anime ROCKED!!!!

God, I watched it when I was a kid and wanted one of those lens thingies sooooooo badly! laugh.gif

We have it on VHS somewhere in the house...

Lensman made me consider a second nuclear reset of Japan. I loved those books, and that's the anime that came out of it? Proof that humanity has failed as a species.

• 2 weeks later...
someone besides Hiei and I has seen Zenki! We have it for our kids they love watching it.

Anyone here ever heard of K.O. Seki Beasts?

Yea, it's a.k.a. K.O. Century Beast in the USA. It was a pretty strange anime; however, some of the plot holes were large enough to park the Titanic in.

Let's try a few more mangas here - Ninja High School, Gold Digger, Neotopia, and Dragon Arms.

I totally understand.

It's when I talk about AIR. And people go.

"Duhhh. whuts air lul"

:\\ Really, it sometime frustrates me because AIR is such a beautiful anime.

Guest DMXrated

Mon Colle Knights. I watched it when I was in 10th grade, but they cancelled it right after that. I got the un-subbed DVDs, though, several years later, and also the first sixteen dubbed episodes off of Ebay more than a year ago. I also ran a petition to get it back on the air, but don't look at it very often these days.

To find the manga:

http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/english/index.htm

To find the raw MCK DVDs that I bought online:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/Listups/anime/moncolle-knight.html

You can find my petiton at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/DMXrated/petition.html

Guest Serenanna

I can answer that one!

They're Sephiroth, Cloud, and Zack (in order) from the video game Final Fantasy 7, only in kawaii chibi and neko-fied forms. The real characters are more bishi, but that's debatable on your tastes in male characters.

Getting back on topic.

I have heard of Air, but haven't seen it yet. It's on my watch list as soon as I can wrestle it away from my brother. In other rare animes, any one ever watch the anime version of the first Xenosaga game?

Sere

Guest Big Samurai

cool.gif

I am the resident Xeno fan, and, from what my good buddy -- addicted to fansubs, he is -- tells me, the anime is rather ass. 'Tis better just to play the games if you're into the whole Xeno thing. All the anime does is retell the first game, but, y'know, without a lot of the coolness.

Mon Colle Knights. I watched it when I was in 10th grade, but they cancelled it right after that. I got the un-subbed DVDs, though, several years later, and also the first sixteen dubbed episodes off of Ebay more than a year ago. I also ran a petition to get it back on the air, but don't look at it very often these days.

To find the manga:

http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/english/index.htm

To find the raw MCK DVDs that I bought online:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/Listups/anime/moncolle-knight.html

You can find my petiton at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/DMXrated/petition.html

Ahaha, Mon Colle Knights. A local TV station aired the whole series here a few years ago. Cute characters, but story's so-so. Something in the Pokemon/Digimon genre.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... I guess nobody's heard of those that I mentioned.

How about Pani Poni Dash and Nermia Daikon Brothers? (Excel Saga fans will love these two; the latter was directed by the same guy who directed Excel Saga.)

Guest kirameki

I know of Tactics and E's Otherwise. I love them.

While the Xenosaga anime was okay and had a rather pretty score, nothing tops playing the games. biggrin.gif

I've heard of Air, but not seen it.

Another series that seems to fall by the wayside, at least as far as a fandom is concerned, is Black Cat. Which I absolutely adore. crying.gif

I also rather like HunterxHunter. Not sure if I'd call it obscure, but most people I know of don't seem to know of it. unsure.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.