Click Here!

Saucy Beta!

Evility

I had been searching for a beta for about 6 months before I got to WallFlower. His profile cracked me up and even though it says he works on yaoi and yuri, he responded very quickly to my email and accepted my HET oneshot to work on. It took us both a while to get through my story since, not only is it hellalong for a oneshot, but we both go to college and have lives outside the computer. I'm sure with short[er] chapters he would fly through them!

On the profile he says he's "INSANE", but I think he's just honest lol. He cracks me up! He's quite frank when you need to change something, which I appreciate. He would usually offer choices on how to make certain changes with his own suggestions. I don't want someone who won't tell me bluntly that whatever I wrote needs to be tweaked. And he is not someone who pussyfoots around!
His typical comments were:
"There's a gaping plot hole on page *blah*... It's not a big deal, but it's a bit odd to read."
"Inappropriate use of a semicolon."
"This is pretty unneeded. You can nix it if you want."
"That sounded choppy, but it's [what he tweaked] better than the crazy run on it was... smile.gif "

See? Not bad at all. I really enjoyed working with him.

I'm a perfectionist freak. So, I didn't send my oneshot to him [to anyone] until I was satisfied with my grammar and punctuation. We mainly worked on moving things around for better flow and he would tweak with my vocabulary. Since we were both busy, we didn't talk through emails every day [only about 20 total throughout the whole process] and he even told me
"I'll contact you if any serious bumps appear, but other than that, I'll be silent. As a grave." :samurai: Lol.

I guess bottom line, if you can handle straight-forwardness, WallFlower's an awesome choice. If you can't handle someone who's blunt and sarcastic, then don't bother :shifty: . If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

Edited by Evility

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.