Click Here!

The Why Game

Nanaea

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because learning about other people's vastly different lived experiences opens our minds to possibilities and realities outside of our own experience and makes us relate to events to circumstances we may never have the opportunity to experience for ourselves.

Why?

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you so incessantly difficult?!

There are only so many ways electrons can hop across atoms because matter cannot be created or destroyed, it can only move through space, as far as we know, and the only way to move through space is linearly. So no matter what direction an electron is moving, it's moving linearly through space, which means there's really only one way for electrons to hop across atoms.

Or I guess the question is, why can't matter move through space besides linearly?

Well, let me make a confession to you, kiddo. I'm not actually a quantum physicist, which means I don't actually know what I'm talking about except on a really rudimentary level. And actually, when you're not looking at them, atoms take up infinite space--or at least more than one space at a time--so there are probably lots of ways electrons can hop across atoms and matter probably can move through space besides linearly, and we just can't see it, because as soon as you look, it all snaps back into place the way you expect it to be, which is simple and rule-bound. By looking at things, we destroy their infinite potential. haha

Why?

Edited by Whes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...