Click Here!

Dinkel's Review Replies

Dinkel

Basic Needs + Basic Wants up to Chapter 27: All the Facts

Basic Needs

purefaith91: Your story has so many emotions running, that it keeps one reading to see what will happen next. Unusual for a setting that never changes (like their jail cell). I have always disliked Fenrir and so avoided reading stories about him. I am really glad that I decided to give this a chance as it is a very enjoyable read. p

Thank you. I'm glad I could convert you :)...

So sad, but then it is parr for the course for Harry it seems. I find it amusing that people more often than not see Ron as a mouthy thug. That is also the impression that comes through in the movies as he gets older, but I am really disappointed in Hermione (thought she was smarter than that). Excellent chapter. p

I never really liked Ron, to be honest, he always seemed a bit unstable in his friendship to Harry and though I can understand his frustration at always being pushed in the background, it isn't exactly fair to lash out at Harry... I generally like Hermione better, but then again, she too can be a little obsessive at times...

Excellent! Very enjoyable read. I am definitely moving on to read the next part. Thanks for sharing your stories. p

Thank you!

Basic Wants

purefaith91: Yay! I could understand why Harry never said anything about the continued attacks by the weres, but I could not understand why Fen did not see it. And when "accidents" that caused him damage happened, why did that not make him pay attention to what was going on around him. I think that he figured that they would be afraid to do anything to Harry because he was supposed to be under his protection. Still think he is letting the attackers off too lightly if all he expects them to do is apologize. It is too sad that Harry feels as though he has no one that is concerned or cared enough to protect him. He didn't even have Remus anymore as Harry saw him as being happy where he was and also oblivious to what was happening to Harry. I am hopeful that Fen's eyes opening mean a different life for Harry in the long run. p

I think Fenrir, despite being an Alpha and everything, was a little overwhelmed with being back with his pack and he was happy to believe everything was just peachy. He's been in Azkaban for a long time and I think it was quite an adjustment for him to get out and take responsibility for so many werewolves... I don't think he ignored what happened to Harry out of malicious intent, but because he had so many other things to take care of and thought that his pack would follow his example in regards to Harry...

hmmm. Sirius, huh? Since I am the eternal optimist, I am thinking that he killed the relatives for what they had done to Harry over the years, or maybe a curse, or "the order wanted him to kill them". Anyway (and this may have been part of his own motivation), maybe he wanted Harry in Azkaban to protect him from the Order and/or LV. Or the Order could have threatened him or Harry should he come forward, etc. Harry has to have someone that he can feel is taking care of his best interests without getting anything in return. And I don't know about anyone else, but I would be tempted to take up LV's cause (especially with the condition that he did not have to kill) after what the order, ministry, "friends" did to him. At the very least, I would not be so nasty to him, even if I did not join him. Excellent chapter. p

I like your theory about Sirius wanting Harry in Azkaban for his own protection. It's not what happened, but it's a great idea... Harry, I think, doesn't want to take anyone's side anymore, not the ministry's or the orders or Voldemort, because he's just tired of fighting...

It is a little bizarre that Harry can espouse forgiveness to David while telling him that they probably deserve to die, and then will not forgive Sirius for protecting him. The one thing he has always complained that he never had and really wanted. And what is the deal with him all of a sudden not wanting anything to happen to the Dursleys. He may have blocked it out of his memory, but he did not block it out of who he is. Maybe that exacerbates his bad attitude, because he often sounds like an immature teen and not what you would expect from someone that has seen what he has in his life.

And after times when he is out of the loop and knows nothing, how can he not understand that Sirius might not have been oblivious as he said he was. And finally, people do not take almost being raped as normal "when he is drunk" unless it has happened before. As you do so well, I know that you will clear all of this up before it is done. Excellent story and love your LV...he is evil, but reasonable about some things so is totally believable. p

I think preaching forgiveness and actually forgiving someone who has wronged you are two very different things. David's case doesn't hit as close to home as what Sirius has done and certainly, Harry didn't really like the Dursleys, but that doesn't mean that he wanted to come home and find them tortured to death. Fanfiction is big on vengeance and making the Dursleys (and others) pay for what they did to Harry, but I just don't see him as appreciating such acts of kindness...

I can't speak for everyone, but I cannot review every chapter when reading multiple chapters at one time. The website puts up a notice that says that I cannot make more than one review and it does it after I've typed out these long reviews. And I cannot figure out where this will occur so skip chapters. I would be really surprised if your fans are no longer reading your story as it is excellent! p

Thank you! I didn't know that... and anyway, I'm over that bout of insecurity :)

Very interesting. Why can't they drug the baby right before the full moon if it would keep it from changing "back", it should keep it from changing to start with also. Maybe Snape and the twins can get on a new potion. Happy that Harry is being nice to SB and love David (he might be really good for Draco). reading on... p

I'm no expert on werewolves, but I see it like this: The rise of the full moon forces a werewolf to shift into his wolf form (even with the Wolfsbane Potion, Remus turned into a wolf), but the turning back into human is a more conscious decision because come morning the human part of their nature takes over again. They can allow their wolfish sides to surface partially (lengthening incisors, yellow eyes, claws, etc.) even without the light of the full moon, so I think it's only fair that they have to be conscious to turn back into human form... Does that make sense? Have I explained that to your satisfaction?

If that is the way Harry treats people that he cares about, it would be more pleasant to be a casual friend, I think. I think he was better, kinder and more understanding when he was in Azkaban. Maybe SS can make him a potion to improve his attitude :). p

:lol: I'm not sure what chapter you're referring to, but I think in Azkaban, Harry wasn't under nearly as much pressure as he is now. He didn't have to deal with Voldemort and the aftermath of the war, or with a jealous pack of werewolves, or a returned-from-the-dead godfather; he didn't even have to deal with himself because he never expected to have a future...

I find myself liking your LV. I know he is evil, but he seems to have a reverence for Harry that others do not...he sees his strength and ability to be necessary. It seems that everyone else looks at him as needing taking care of and not independent. He kind of needs both and LV is the only one that it seems understands that. Chetan's remarks though should make Harry think because I much agree with him. p

I like to think of Voldemort and Harry as kindred spirits. They both made some of the same experiences, they are both exceptionally powerful and they both have their fair share of issues...

See? I knew you would answer earlier questions. Harry is afraid of his feelings toward the baby and is taking them out on Fen. Still think he is being a little creep to him, but maybe the healer can help him deal better with them. I'm kind of liking your LeStrange also (I'm getting worried because I prefer the bad guys here). And maybe Fen reminding Harry about the things that his relatives did to him will actually help him "forgive and forget" what Sirius did. Great chapter. p

Lestrange isn't really a bad guy, he made some mistakes, but he's not evil... Thank you!

If Harry wakes up a whiny, apologizing idiot, I am going to have to take a break from this story. I did not catch him telling Fen that he actually slept with David, but either way, his life is ruined...for the rest of his life and Harry has now seen what will happen if he makes Fen mad at him. He would have no hope of protecting himself or his child, which had been his greatest or one of his greatest fears. He should leave and take Remus and Sirius with him. They can take care of him through the changes. p

Well, that would be a valuable option, but you should know me better than that... I can't resist a challenge :D

Thank you!!! Still loving your LV AND his remaining Death Eaters. Letting Harry use his body is just proof that he has a soft spot for him. I hope Harry stays there at the castle for awhile. Fen's superior attitude calls for Harry to refuse to be around him for a very, very long time. And I hope that his pack is pissed and let him know it. Excellent chapter! p

Thank you! I hope you liked the reaction of the pack and the next few chapter in general! And thank you for all your reviews!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic Wants - Chapter 31: Solidarity

Kera-Izaki: Hey, guess what, the review are working now! I can move up and down and see the writing and It loads so much faster! Do you think mabye it's because I have Firefox now, and the sight is making it's new programing byist to that? Sorta like Y-Gallery? IDK, but I'm Happy! And I'm happy about the new chapter! Yea! xD I think the nursery is sooo cute, and I love the carpets, I'm sure Harry does too, lol ;3 Can't wait for next week!

Wow, congratulations! I have no idea what caused it, I'm really not that good with computers... That's why I have a brother :)... Thank you! I'm happy that you liked the nursery...

dominique: okat that good they made up yeah

Thank you! Wanna bet how long it last before they get into another fight? ;)

Althydia: Aww, Harry seems to be almost back to himself now... being snarky with Fenrir and all. :) Although he still has some stigmas. I guess when he lets Fenrir touch his neck will be when most of his issues with him are resolved? But the nicknames are back!

Also, he finally saw the nursery (lovely scene) and showed the baby's ultrasonic image to the pack! Yay! I don't know how Healer Lestrange will react to the whole pack accompanying Harry, though... Could he do something for Bryan's health problems too? And we'll get the castle's inhabitants' reactions to Harry being back with Fenrir in the next chapter? I'm a bit afraid of Fenrir's confrontation with Travers, though, because if he loses his temper Harry will definitely get angry with him again...

There were many things in your chapter as usual, so I can't say all the things I liked in detail, but is there going to be a shopping trip soon? And of course I loved the fatherly moment with Remus (I'm always craving for those!), Chetan's enthusiastic self and his continuing reading lessons with Harry, the complicity between different members of the pack and Harry, and everyone making Harry understand that it's okay to ask for help sometimes and that they want to take care of him... and of course Fenrir's tenderness and protectiveness with Harry, as well as his sexual innuendos which make Harry blush!

In a nutshell: I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter and am very much looking forward to the next one!

Hm, about the nicknames. I think I might have raised some false hopes with that, sorry... Bryan's health problems are another issue, maybe Rudolphus would be able to help him, but for that he would have to know that something is wrong... David is not yet in the next chapter, but Voldemort will be. Hope you'll like it :)... Shopping trip, hadn't thought about that yet, but Fenrir and Harry will definitely spend some time away from the pack... Thank you very much!

Basic Wants - Chapter 32: Confirmation

unneeded: This story is such fun. I always look for it on the latest list. ^^

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

shellyfish: so, auch von mir mal wieder eine review! aber ich schwöre, dass ich jeden samstag schon ganz gespannt bin, ob denn wieder ein neues kapitel raus ist!.

ha, ich bin ja froh, dass sie sich ausgesprochen haben und alles auf dem weg der besserung ist. obwohl du bestimmt noch ein paar steine im petto hast, die du ihnen in den weg legen kannst. und es wird ein junge! ich bin immer froh, wenn sowas nich geheimgehalten wird, da werd ich immer ganz kribbelig vor neugier. achja, eine bitte: kannst du das kind bitte nich aiden nennen? der name is total ausgelutscht. irgendwie benutzt den jeder autor. :)

Na, dann ist ja gut :)... Hab noch ne ganze Geröllhalde - Zu einfach darf man's ihnen ja auch nicht machen, oder? :D Immer diese Extrawünsche, aber Aiden ist mir ehrlich gesagt, auch noch nicht in den Sinn gekommen, also stehen die Chancen ganz gut für dich...

Althydia: Aww, the nicknames are not really back... But great chapter all the same! I liked the pack in the Healer's office, the latter's relationship with his traumatised brother, and basically all of Harry and Fenrir's interactions. I'd really love to see Harry and Fenrir in antenatal classes and at the Ministry inauguration, because I'd like to see how they interact with people they are not familiar with, outside of their comfort zone. Also, Fenrir in antenatal class sounds rather like a funny sight... Plus, these situations would let us know how people react to Harry now that he's 'allied' with Voldemort, since we haven't seen him make a public appearance since Azkaban (if I remember correctly).

As for the baby's sex, I liked how Harry knew it before being told, and I didn't have a preference, but a boy might be easier since they are in rather 'male' environments all the time. Will they be discussing baby names soon? :)

I also was a bit frightened that Harry would reminisce the 'incident' when Fenrir almost raped him in the corridor, and they would be back to square one... Voldemort's appearance kind of distracted them, though, and was he a bit protective of Harry when he remarked on his clinging to abusive friends...?

And nice to know that Harry can be possessive and jalous too. ;)

So next chapter: confrontation with David, right? I guess it will be some kind of test for Fenrir, to show Harry that he can control his temper and trust him. Another test might be when Harry spends the night in Fenrir's hut again...

Thank you for the new chapter, and see you next chapter!

Well, good news is that you will see all of that, and you're right that Harry hasn't really been out in public since the War ended. Hope you'll like it... Baby names will be discussed eventually, but not for a few more chapters... Definitely, Voldemort was protective of Harry and I don't think, he's too thrilled about Harry's decision to give Fenrir a second chance. If that is only because of protectiveness or also because Voldemort would much prefer it if Harry stayed at the castle and was always within easy reach, is another question, though...

Kera-Izaki: Yeah, it a boy! ;D Can you name it Nathan James? Please? (Unless you already have a name picked out for him ^^) I can't wait to see what happen with David, it been a while since we've seen him. And the class too! I expect a lot of lolz, lol XD

Happy Valentines Day!

Thank you. Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day as well... Sorry, I already have a name picked, but I like Nathan :) ... The antenatal class won't be in the next chapter yet, but David will, so I hope you'll like it!

Basic Wants - Chapter 33: Trust

Althydia: Well, the meeting with David went rather well actually. I guess Fenrir passed the test. :) It makes sense that he doesn't trust David, though, because he was the one who made the proposition to Harry that started the whole mess, plus he's quite clingy with Harry, and Fenrir knows what kind of person he was before Azkaban. Harry still seems in denial on that aspect - more so than David himself...

The clubbing surprised me a bit too. I don't see how a werewolf with possessive tendencies and very sensitive hearing and smell, and a pregnant person with probably body aches and fatigue could truly enjoy it... Although I might be a bit biased since I hate it myself, but still. And it will be a muggle setting, so we still won't see how Harry copes in the wizarding world. But I guess it's coming soon too?

And the interaction between Fenrir and Harry still shows that Fenrir is nicer with Harry than the latter is with him, but that's part of their dynamics and it's always quite enjoyable to witness it. :)

Also, Harry must have been happy to find someone who doesn't really care about the baby (though his own enjoyment of the baby was quite cute!), but it made me think of if David won't be very jealous of the baby once it's born, because Harry certainly won't have much time to devote to him anymore, particularly at the beginning when the baby entirely depends on its parents for everything...?

Anyway, will the next chapter be longer? Now that you've got us accustomed to long chapters, we want more of your great story! Can't wait for the next chapter!

I think Harry just really wants to give David that second chance, even if doesn't think he deserves one...

I honestly don't know where the clubbing came from, but I really wanted Fenrir and Harry to spend some time together away from the pack and from Voldemort. Do something a normal couple would do. And I have to admit that I have an easier time imagining Fenrir in a club (where after all he can let loose his inner animal :-)) than at a quaint restaurant... And yes, an event in the wizarding world will be following soon...

Hm, maybe David will be jealous, but then again, maybe I'll manage to surprise you...

dominique: poor David and rab and harry the three that need the most help good job

And help they shall get...

shellyfish: hm, selten war ich so schnell durch eines deiner kapitel durch. und passiert is auch nich viel. und dafür erwartest du dann noch ne lange review? naja, nicht sehr befriedigend, inhaltsmäßig gesehen. ich bin nur mal gespannt was alles bei der clubnacht schief geht. ein muggel-club? hoffentlich sucht draco was zum anziehen raus, was harrys bauch ein wenig verdeckt... und ich kann mir schon vorstellen wie fen die leute anknurrt, wenn sie harry angucken. hihi, das wird sicher lustig.

bis bald!!

(eigentlich müsstest du schon fast früher updaten, um das kurze kapitel wett zu machen)

Tja, das tut mir leid. Vielleicht findest du das nächste Kapitel ja befriedigender.

(Netter Versuch!)

Sweets: Oh I am loving you! I've been reading all your stories over the past couple of days and after reading your many heartfelt pleas for reviews I created an account just to send you a proper review! As this story is still in progress (and I hope you'll keep writing) I decided to give you the incentive to write another chapter. I love this story, I've never read a Fenrir/Harry story but am seriously considering them after this. Excellently written, very engaging I haven't been able to stop and was disapointed by the abrupt end as I'm used to reading your stories after they're done. But yes, beautifully written, witty and just wonderful. Please update soon! Sweets

Wow, I'm honoured. Not only that you read my stories, but also that you went to such lengths just to review... I'm glad you're liking this story so far and yes, I'm definitely still continuing with this story. I normally update once a week, on Saturday, so I hope you won't grow too desperate... Thank you!

Obsesive Reader: Update please... how u ganna hide the bump from the muggles?

The update is on its way... Wait and see!

Basic Wants - Chapter 34: Relaxation

Althydia: Aww, Harry and his stubborness... But Fenrir too! I'm a bit surprised he (and all the others) just left Harry to his own devices. Wasn't it supposed to be a chance for some quality time for them both? Plus, even though they left their familiar surroundings, they still came with several familiar people, so they may not be completely out of their comfort zone. ;) I'm sure the event in the wizarding world will be interesting too.

Fenrir's reaction to Harry's clothes was also interesting. And I'm glad that this time Harry didn't dress outrageously just to piss Fenrir off and preferred more comfortable clothes.

Although it might be a bit disturbing on some level, the concept of collars for non-singles is quite convenient, but wouldn't it be fairer that a couple both wear matching collars, instead of just the less dominant one? I'm sure Harry would like it better too. :)

On a side note, I'm getting quite fond of David's 'grimaces' for smiles...

So, what happens next? Will Harry kick his aggressors' asses or will someone (Fenrir, for example) play the night in shining armour (possibly angering Harry in the process)? And where the hell is Fenrir anyway?? Bad, possessive and temperamental wolf...

More, please?

Well, the twins stuck by his side, didn't they? And I'm sure Fenrir isn't too far away ;)...

I agree with you, it would be fairer if both partners were to wear a collar and I'd probably prefer something like a wristband, but Harry's reaction to that wouldn't have been quite as fun to write... Hope you'll like the next chapter!

dominique: no cutting it love it want more please i do hope that harry takes care of himself are the greybeck get there on time

Okay, okay, no cutting it in two. Hope you enjoy the long chapter!

unneeded: damn, he shoulda worn the collar around his wrist or something.

I'm sure they would have found a solution if they had all remained calm and reasonable... But, alas, that wasn't the case!

shellyfish: reviewreviewreview!!! wenn du das kapitel teilst, dann aber, hier, neenee, lass ma schön bleiben. :)

ja, war ja klar, dass harry mal wieder seinen hormonen freien lauf lässt. ich hätt das halsband wahrscheinlich angezogen. ich bin gespannt, ob harry mal in ruhe zeigen kann, dass er auch was drauf hat und sich durchaus mal alleine verteidigen kann, oder ob wieder fenrir dazwischen springt. falls er es tut, wird er danach sicher anpfiff von harry kriegen. ich bin ja mal gespannt!

Das solltest du auch sein, vielleicht hab ich nämlich noch ein paar Überraschungen auf Lager :) ... Und keine Angst, das Kapitel ist lang geblieben...

mrequecky: Aahhh, loved your chapter! And I would even more like to read the next loooon chap in one go :D

Really love your writing, so pleaaaase don't split the chap :D

Thank you! Well, how can I refuse such a plea?

Gretzel: ....okay, this is getting too far. Harry should and would realise that it's not just HIS life and security that's on the line. Fenrir, give those perverted men a piece of your mind and then show Harry who he belongs to, just as you belong to him. (and dearest Dinkel, Harry being raped by muggles is far fetched, so don't even consider not letting Fenrir kill them before they even dare to touch HIS Harry. And think of the baby!)

I can't handle more drama queen behaviour... please don't make Harry become a rape-victim. Seriously, too FAR FETCHED.

Aw, you should have more faith in me :) . Seriously, I don't think those Muggles stand much of a chance against Fenrir OR Harry. He's not completely helpless, you know? I think he's very well able to take care of himself, with or without a collar...

Saku: I've been reading this for a while now and I love it all. The last chapter (The one just updated) paints the perfect image of everyone in their "would-be" normal lives. It made my day. Thank you so much for writing this and keeping me happy on the day before school starts again. I can't wait for the next update!

Thank you!!! Hope you had a good first week - if not, there's always the next chapter to cheer you up!

DragonStar01: Indeed it would make me review...Love it! Another superb chapter. Can't wait for more!

Well, that's good to know :) Thank you!

Kera-Izaki: What-whow! Poor Harry, your stubbornness will be the end of you (or at least the sore back-end XD) And sorry I missed Sats update! I was up at my grand parents ^^ But I really can'tr wait for the next chapter! :D

I hope you had fun at your grandparents'... Enjoy the next chapter!

varjo: Thank you for the update.

I've been a bit busy myself with RL so haven't had time to read OR review. But, I must say I looove this story, though Harry could stop fighting Fen at every frigging point. And I just bet Fenrirs gonna tear those three a new one if they touch Harry.

RL? Anyway, I hope it is a good kind of busy... Thank you! He could, but where would be the fun in that?

Basic Wants - Chapter 35: Someone to Believe in You

unneeded: meh, i still say Harry shoulda worn it on his wrist... or maybe as a headband.

I can imagine him wearing the collar around his wrist, but around his head? I'm sceptical...

shellyfish: und du sollst deine reviews haben. trotz deiner verspätung. :)

sehr entspannend, so ein langes kapitel. und so viel stress. war ja klar, dass das kein entspannerter ausflug wird. aber er ganze fluff macht mich glücklich! bis nächste woche!

Puh, da bin ich jetzt aber erleichtert :)... Und du kannst dich auch freuen, denn das nächste Kapitel ist sogar noch ein bisschen länger, wenn auch nicht unbedingt weniger stressig... Viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Althydia: Of course, I should have known Fenrir wouldn't let Harry out of his sight... Poor, traumatised Harry. Fenrir's flattery and soothing of Harry was very sweet, though.

I really liked how all the characters interacted in this chapter, and we even saw a brief return of the familiar mood swings! I have to congratulate Fenrir for his patience when Harry's maternal instincts make an appearance.

Harry's using of Fenrir as his mattress at the end was so cute - but will he get his kitten?? :)

I loved everything in the chapter. Now will the next one include a trip to the wizarding world or is it too much excitement too soon for Harry...?

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the interactions... What do you think, should he get a kitten? Yep, the next chapter will be a trip to the wizarding world though you can assume that there's a little time jump between chapters 35 and 36 so that Harry had time to calm down...

OrcShaman: It became increasingly difficult to read this fanfiction.

-Harry is extremely self-righteous. Quite ironic because he's supposed to be a grey wizard. Before you refute this point, let me say this: I understand that Harry still holds values that were ingrained in his head by the 'Light' wizards, but found your portrayal of Harry to be slightly overbearing. (I say this in the most kindest of ways)

-Harry is swift to judge, and swift to reprimand. And thus brings to the point that Harry is the biggest hypocrite of them all. His friends, his loved ones, 'betrayed' Harry when they heard of the crime he committed (yes I know he was accidentally framed by Sirius), quickly believing that Harry most definitely killed his relatives. Harry resented them for their swift judgement, yet it's hypocritical that he does the same to Fenrir and Sirius.

-Harry is pompously defiant, annoyingly rebellious. On numerous occasions, he seems to deny all logic and rebels blindly. Quite akin to a teenager entering puberty.

-Political intrigue, if any, needs work.

and last but not least

-You offered the twins a chance at redemption. I'm not sure if it's a trend, but many slash fics with Light bashing (mind you, this IS a Light-bashing fic, no matter how you decorate it) seem to attack everyone, including Hermione, the Weasleys, Dumbledore, OotP, etc. All except a pair of hooligans.

All in all, this fanfiction is well written, and I hope for updates. No matter how irritating Harry is, the overall story is quite interesting. :). And I'm giving Harry the benefit of the doubt that he'll mature and drop his overbearing Gryffindorish behaviour.

-OrcShaman.

Okay, point taken. I'll see what I can do to make Harry more mature, and I'm glad you decided to stick around for a while longer. Just to get this straight, your main problem seems to be with Harry, right?

- I can't say much to deny your first point since you already anticipated my prime argument. I just want to point out that I never actually said that Harry was a grey wizard. Fact is, the Light doesn't exist anymore and Harry never was a Dark wizard...

- I agree that Harry is quick to judge Fenrir and gets upset without real provocation, but I don't quite see how he judged Sirius. I mean, he asked his godfather if he had killed the Dursleys. Sirius said yes. Harry felt betrayed and stormed off. But still. he made sure that Sirius was taken care of and he came back with Remus to confront his godfather. I thought he was actually pretty reasonable, but maybe that's because I'm biased :)

- You made a good comparison. I think in many ways Harry is not nearly as grown-up as he'd like to think and though, his rebellious nature makes sense to me, I don't expect it to be the same for you...

- I'm not sure it will be political in nature, but there is a nefarious plot in the making...

- That's certainly true. I'm not claiming that I'm very original in that aspect. All I can say in my defense is that I do like the twins and that they don't play a major role in this story. I think, we might even have seen the last of them...

In any case, thank you for your review!

Willow Wand: I was in the middle of writing you this really long and informative review when it just plain vanished. I just didn't have the energy to rewrite it then, so I will try to cover at least some of it now. First, before I forget, if it is possible I would love to be notified when you post new chapters. If you start something new, I'd like to know that as well. (Please and Thank you.)

I love the nicknames. I'm a big nickname user in RL, so I appreciate the beauty of so many of the nicknames you use. You used nicknames in one story that I didn't get, though. I'd have to reread your stories to tell you which story and which nicknames in that story confused me.

You have some great ideas and your stories have a nice flow. You are not perfect with your punctuation - mostly commas - but not so bad that it disrupts my reading or enjoyment of the story. And you can tell that it is a result of differences in sentence structure between one language and another. You often use words that work but are just one step away from what you are actually trying to say. Again, not terribly disruptive for me. My favorites, though, are the idioms you use. I love them. And sometimes I like what they say better than the actual idiom. An example that you used more than once is 'wonder over wonder'. The phrase should read 'wonder of wonders'. But I kind of like your version better. I have read or tried to read stories that were written in such confusing english that I got tired of trying to translate them into something I could understand and had to give up altogether. After all, I was supposed to be reading for pleasure. If I were editing, it would be different. My point is that your stories don't wear me out just trying to make sense of the words. More often than not, your word choices simply add a bit to the pleasure. So, thank you for that.

Again, please let me know when you post new chapters. Thanks.

Aw, I hate when that happens. I'm sorry... Might I suggest that you subscribe to this forum? I think you can get notified whenever I post a new reply and since I always answer your reviews before posting a new chapter, you'd know when I'm about to update. If you don't like that solution, you'd have to give me your email address so that I can send you a short message....

Thank you. I'm glad you liked the nicknames. I thought about cutting down on them, to be honest, but someone they always slip into the stories...

Thank you! I have to admit that English punctuation remains a mystery to me. In German there are fixed rules, but that doesn't seem to be the case in English. It's rather frustrating, but I'm glad the end result isn't to frustrating for you... Oh, really? I didn't know it should be "wonder of wonders"... Oops... Again, I'm happy you're not too bothered by my word choices... Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Basic Wants - Chapter 36: Consideration

ladyroo88: I love it!! Harry/fenrir fights are soo hot!! I adore voldemort in his protectness. More please!!

Thank you! I'm glad you haven't grown tired of Harry and Fenrir's fighting yet!

unneeded: that was exciting... Note to self for Voldie though. Next time have pack alphas met out doors where there's room to rumble.

Ah, who knows, maybe that was all part of his master plan :)

Althydia: Great chapter again! We finally see Fenrir and Harry in the wizarding world too! And I can't wait for the antenatal class...

Will the new characters play a bigger part in the story, like Marrock and Helen (whose suppressed hatred seems a bit foreboding)?

Fenrir showed lots of werewolf traits here, and what was that thing with Harry in front of the other Alpha? Harry also seems really at odds with some werewolf habits... Could it become a serious problem?

Besides that, Voldemort and Harry seem to have really warmed up to each other! Actually was the ending a cliffhanger or was it just to show that Harry is tired of socialising with high wizarding figures for Voldemort's benefit? At least I'm happy it doesn't end on a sad note or a tension between our happy couple and we have to wait 2 weeks to know how it's resolved... :)

By the way, how much along is Harry's pregnancy? You might have mentioned it in previous chapters, but I'm not totally clear on that. Is he in his last trimester already?

Oh and the 'Malfoy Book of Conduct' was so funny - and I can totally imagine that such a thing exists! I don't think Harry is as 'awed' by it as Draco seems to think, though... ;)

And I'm sure the next chapter will be worth waiting 2 weeks for it. Good luck for your exam!

Thank you! Yes, both of them will be more or less important for the story... Fenrir already had it out with Marrock and won, Marrock submitted to him so he was no longer a threat to Harry... Define serious :). It will certainly cause some problems, but I'd say we've seen the worst of it already... maybe.

No, it wasn't intended as a cliffhanger. I think Harry just needed some fresh air and a little alone time...

Harry is in his fifth month, so still in the second trimestre...

Thank you, enjoy the next chapter!

Le-chan: Im really glad that you update this frequently! As I might have written before, I really love this story, so I hope you keep up the good work. Im looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you! I feel kind of bad because I didn't update last weekend. Hope the next chapter was worth waiting for...

Dragonstar01: I'm loving Draco! :D

:lol: Thank you!

mrequecky: Oh yippieh! Loved!

Good to know :D

Kirikos: Hello Dinkel. I wanted to say, that i like your story veru much, i really do. My interest especially catched Fenrir, Voldemort and Harry, in that line. Bantering between Harry and Fenrir is delicious, if sometimes tiring, when Harry do not understand position of Fenrir in the pack and is throwing useless fit. Plot with child is also very interesting, i like your explanation about pregnancy. And am very glad that it will be the boy :)

Was you maybe thinking about someone for Voldemort? Just in last chapter i thought that he must be lonely. And if not right now, with chaos of building Hogwart and establishing good contacts with foreign countries, then maybe later? Im curious of him, seems like he like Harry. Oh, and gave Draco a little bit more credit, will you? For me he is trying very hard and still can only kiss David in the knuckles, what is very frustrating, for him and me too :P

So sorry for all grammar mistakes, but im not english girl and must writing to you with dictionary in hand :)

I wish you much more time for writing this story, because it is really very good. Have fun with it!

Kirikos

Thank you! I'm really flattered that you went through all that trouble to write me a review... I haven't thought of anyone for Voldemort because I think it would be difficult to find someone who would be able to keep up with him (except for Harry, but he's already taken)... I'm giving Draco plenty of credit, I think he's really sweet and patient with David, but I also think that David is highly traumatised and not ready for a higher degree of intimacy... Thank you again!

rocmom1: I have really enjoyed this story so far.

Thank you! I hope you'll like the next chapter as well...

Winter and Ice

wdlwbt: This was wonderful. Thank you :)

I thank you for reviewing!

Crepererum

alientheet: just finished reading your story. Dont usually read dom/sub stories & the whole dom/sub relationship kind of annoys me, but i think you did well with it as a whole. i didn't like the way Harry's character completely changed, but i did like the way you blended the past and the present & kept many aspects of the story the same, while tweaking others to fit your story. I think you attempted to keep most of the characters true to themselves which i appreciated. Overall i enjoyed the story, thanks.

Thank you! I'm glad you gave the story a chance and that you didn't find it completely horrible :)... Thanks for reviewing!

Basic Wants - Chapter 37: Happiness

Willow Wand: Wow! The first story of yours that I read was. Basic Needs. I was so enthralled with it that I found myself spending the next two days reading everything of yours that I could find. I didn't even take the time to review, even though I should have. And for that I do apologize. Just because a person (you, in this case) has talent doesn't mean they don't need support and encouragement. So, consider this to be my version of support and encouragement. Hurray! Another chapter. Actually, for me, 2 chapters since I missed chapter 36. So I got 36 and 37 together. I love the relationship between Harry and Fenrir. A very interesting dynamic. I am curious about the relationship between Fenrir and Marrock. (Did I get the name right? I can't go back and check right now.) There is a vague insinuation of a history between the two. Also, when they started fighting - without a clearly defined reason other than a vague jealousy (?) - Voldemort didn't seemed surprised. Not surprised to see Marrock and not surprised that they fought. Did he plan it? Perhaps hoping to change the way Harry sees Fenrir? He has been trying to change the way Harry sees him, so it's not a totally unreasonable assumption.

I read and speak American English rather than English English. So some of the words and phrases I see as odd are English in nature rather than American. The one rule you can always count on with regard to English, in any form, is that there are always exceptions to any rule of grammar. You can't count on any other rule to hold true. And there are so many words that sound the same, are spelled differently and have different meanings. For example, phase and faze. A phase is (among other definitions) a stage in a process. Faze means upset or disturbed.

I am more than happy to send you an email address. [...] Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any help to you, whether it be grammar or punctuation or just telling you how much I enjoy each chapter you write.

Well, I'm flattered that you read all of my stories and I'm very happy that you decided to tell me about it. I'm not sure if I have that much talent, but I can assure you that I appreciate your support and your encouragement. It always feels good to know that someone reads your stories and enjoys them - so thank you! Fenrir and Marrock (and yes, you got that right) don't have a history between them (at least I never thought about that), though they might have met during Voldemort's War. There will be a very short (and probably incomplete) explanation as to why they started fighting and Voldemort's role in it in the next chapter....

Oh, yeah, I hate that one rule :). It's really confusing for a non-native speaker and words that sound the same but are written differently and words that are written the same but pronounced differently are very high on my list of annoying linguistic character traits as well... But all in all I love English and think it's a fascinating language...

Thank you for your email address. I wasn't sure if you received the update notification I sent you. Did you? Thanks for your offer and right now I think telling me how you liked the latest chapter will help me a great deal :D

Althydia: Oh yes, this chapter made me all warm and fluffy inside. Very sweet Harry/Fenrir moments, even though Harry still had some doubts. Fenrir was extremely considerate, while still being dominant. I just hope now that nobody will bother Harry while Fenrir is away. And isn't Voldemort wondering where Harry is at the moment? (which brings a funny image of him looking for Harry to mind) :)

Thanks for the chapter and for your answers! I hope your exam went well too.

Warm and fluffy? Why, I can't allow that. I think it's time for some drama :P... Maybe Voldemort was looking through the key hole... And yep, my exam went very well. Thank you!

Basic Wants - Chapter 38: Reassurance

Le-chan: Im reviewing Im reviewing!!! god damn I was scared for Harry! Dont you ever do that again!!!! fucking hell. But must admit it was a good chapter

Well, at least I got your attention :D... Thank you!

LokiGodric: Why did you leave it there??? I love your stories and your portrayal of the characters. I really want fernir for myself.

I'm not sure if Harry is up to sharing... Thank you!

unneeded: has a tough time catching a break does our Harry. Still, what was up with that were? Seriously, not all there. Maybe Voldie can do something to help the more stable were's have or adopt kids.

Voldemort most definitely could, but I'm not sure he wants to... Thank you for reviewing!

DragonStar01: Can't wait for more! I love this story!

Thank you! Glad to hear that!

dominique: poor harry scared a new alpha sound nice up until breeding mare and still going to portkey harry in his baby that might have killed his baby i love how fen protected his harry after

Thank you! I think protecting his pack is one of the things Fenrir is really, really good at. Not that he doesn't have a lot of good qualities, of course...

Althydia: Well I sure hope Harry will get a break before the next bit of drama happens! So much stress can't be good for the baby and himself - and I'm thankful that Harry can still count on his magic in times of trouble. And his maternal instincts, too - which seem to become stronger and stronger as time passes. I would love to see him talk and sing to his unborn baby. So sweet.

That Sharpfang, really, I wonder what will happen to him? Will he be tortured? Or will Harry talk Voldemort into giving more rights to werewolves so that they can have children too? He's lucky to still be alive with Fenrir and Voldemort attacking him at the same time (nice teamwork between these two, by the way - and nice protective Dark Lord!). He can be proud to have shaken Fenrir's entire pack so badly... But mostly, he seems desperate for a child and Harry does seem like the only one capable of giving him that - even though it doesn't excuse his behaviour I can sort of sympathise. Now there's still this other witch to worry about... Did she know Sharpfang's intentions when she delayed Fenrir from going back to Harry?

Also, Fenrir showed again how good of an Alpha he is, and what it entails. He is the rock of the pack, a mix between leader, boss, father figure, protector... isn't he? I hope he can help Harry get over this new trauma. Even though this time it seems to have made Harry closer to him - or at least admitting how much he needs him. And Chetan was quite insightful there. I hope the pack can indeed show Harry that they really care about him. After all, they all supported him as a member of the pack who had been hurt (very nice pack scene at the end too!). Oh and I hope Sharpfang's selfish actions don't start a war between werewolves. Fenrir seems quite intent on revenge but I don't think Harry would appreciate it in his vulnerable state (or ever)...

Anyway, many thanks for this lovely chapter!

You raise a valid point, and I really think the next chapter is slightly overdue so I hope you'll like the new development... I don't think Harry feels like talking Voldemort into rewarding Marrock for almost kidnapping him and endangering his child, at least not right now.... Why does no one seem to like Helen Glendower? :unsure:

Fenrir has a lot or responsibility and a lot of roles to fill, doesn't he? As traumatic as the last chapter was for Harry, I agree with you that it brought him closer to Fenrir and also to the rest of the pack. Over time, he will realise that they didn't only come because Fenrir called, but that they came because of him...

shellyfish: da ich angst total liebe, riskiere ich es doch sehr gerne einmal, dass so ein kapitel passiert. das vorherige war zwar auch wunderbar (bitte akzeptiere meine unterwürfigsten entschuldigungen, dass ich nicht gerieviewt habe!), aber mit so ein bisschen drama und tränen ist doch alles gleich viel interessanter!

bis nächste woche!

Ach herrje, noch so eine Drama-Junkie :)... Muss ich jetzt damit rechnen, dass du absichtlich nicht reviewst, um solche Kapitel zu provozieren? Ach, ich hätte nichts sagen sollen...

ladyroo88: I am sorry!! please don't cliffie like that again!! I love it!! Protective and caring fen, makes me hot!! Can't wait for more!!

Cliffie? Where? I didn't realise there was a cliffie... Thank you!

Kera-Izaki: Hey man, don't blame this chapter on me! I tried to review, but it was having errors D; And and, when I have been reviewing lately, unless I do it on the day you updated it, my review isn't responded to D; And it not like I waiting till Friday! Just Monday!

But on to the chapter! I liked it, because I can really see something like that happening, because Werewolfs can't have babies of their own. So It was a very good point to make. I just think that it is weird that Harry is freaking out so much after the fact when while it was happening (up until the Portkey part) he seemed rather calm, or at least normal for that situation. I just do know why he was freeking out so much after the fact. :/

Well, in that case, you're excused... But, what? I've always replied to your reviews - I double checked - but the last review I got was for chapter 34...

I think Harry remained calm because he knew that while Marrock was stronger than him physically, he would still have to get him past the other wizards and Fenrir. He didn't know about the Portkey, so when he learned about that he realised how dangerous the situation really was. That, and I think his mother instincts kicked in at this very acute danger to his child...

Willow Wand: If that's the kind of chapter we get for not reviewing, then, I'm truly sorry but I think we should definitely stop.

That was great. I knew that Marrock was going to turn out to be useful for something. I still think there must have been some sort of interaction between Fenrir and Marrock in the past, no matter how mild or inconsequential, for Marrock to believe that he could best Fenrir and get away with it - even with a degree of insanity that seems to be part of his makeup. I mean really! But I do love the way everyone feels for and takes such care of Harry.

Loved chapter 37 too. Good sex is always worthwhile and everybody should have some in a cloakroom at least once in their life. Plus it set chapter 38 up really well.

Don't give them any ideas!

Maybe Marrock didn't exactly plan to play fair and use his pack as backup in his next confrontation with Fenrir. Anyway, you'll learn a bit more about Marrock's "motives" in the next chapter... Really? I didn't know having sex in cloakroom was on that great list, but good to know :)... Thank you!

SpaceMonkey: Just discovered this story and I love it! Really like your characterisations of Harry and Fenrir. Can't wait to read to more :)

Thank you! Hope you'll like the next chapter!

Guest Althydia

Since my review for chapter 39 of Basic Wants didn't work the usual way, I'll try posting it here. More successfully hopefully? I hope it's not a problem?

Finally, Harry has to look after himself! I kind of expected that it would only happen if he did it for the sake of another's safety - in this case his baby. Also, the years of neglect he received from the Dursleys might be showing here: he's not used to people taking care of him, and he's used to rely only on himself. I'm sure the forced rest must be quite frustrating to him indeed... Let's see how he copes. Something tells me Fenrir might suffer the most from his boredom... And no sex either! But he won't be the only one to take care of Harry: the pack will help, and particularly Remus who has to look after his cub. <3 He has to make up for all the years he missed of Harry's childhood.

I do hope Harry can still attend the antenatal class, though, because I can't imagine Fenrir by himself there (although it would probably be a funny sight). And does it mean we won't see him shopping for new clothes?

Also, I really liked the part where Fenrir thought about Sirius's safety and called him cub. Good Alpha protective of all his pack. :)

And Sharpfang somehow had an excuse for his behaviour? I'm glad, but then who put him under this curse? It will probably be hard for Harry to face him again, but at least he's willing and he can stlll think about the other pack's situation too.

I liked that the pack was supportive again. Chetan is really fun. And he can already read books? Good for him (and Harry!). I'm sure he'll be happy to play with the baby despite their age difference.

Oh and let's not forget the return of Dobby! I still see him as quite adorable, even though he's rather ugly and a bit obsessive over Harry. Plus, thank you for answering a question I had for a while: where do they get their food (besides the meat from hunting)? A storage hut (magical?), now replenished by a house-elf! Now, another one: what do they use as a bathroom? Do they have a communal bath/loo, or just use nature? Because I can't imagine how Harry would need to be carried if they have a bathroom in the hut (unless the hut is muuuch bigger than I thought). Just a few random things I think about sometimes...

Nice chapter, thanks for sharing - and for the review replies!

Basic Wants - Chapter 39: Choices

SpaceMonkey: I hope someone kicks Sharpfang in the crotch.Loved this chapter :)

Really? Even after the last chapter and after you found that he had been cursed? Poor werewolf... Thank you!

unneeded: glad Harry's being a bit sensible now. he's so stubbourn. I'm glad Dobby's on hand too. If anyone will look after Harry right, he will. And Sharpfang, dearly love to know who hexed him. They need a damn good maiming.

About time, wasn't it? Oh, yes, I'm sure, Dobby will take very good care of Harry :). Thanks for reviewing!

Kera-Izaki: Weird! I've been reviewing every chapter, I swear! D: Damn AFF! <br />

And I like this chapter ^^ I think it's really cute for some reason, lol. Fen is so much better with Harry now :D

:cry: Someone is stealing my reviews! How unfair! But I'm glad you liked the last chapter and of course I hope you'll like the next one as well!

Since my review for chapter 39 of Basic Wants didn't work the usual way, I'll try posting it here. More successfully hopefully? I hope it's not a problem?

Finally, Harry has to look after himself! I kind of expected that it would only happen if he did it for the sake of another's safety - in this case his baby. Also, the years of neglect he received from the Dursleys might be showing here: he's not used to people taking care of him, and he's used to rely only on himself. I'm sure the forced rest must be quite frustrating to him indeed... Let's see how he copes. Something tells me Fenrir might suffer the most from his boredom... And no sex either! But he won't be the only one to take care of Harry: the pack will help, and particularly Remus who has to look after his cub. <3 He has to make up for all the years he missed of Harry's childhood.

I do hope Harry can still attend the antenatal class, though, because I can't imagine Fenrir by himself there (although it would probably be a funny sight). And does it mean we won't see him shopping for new clothes?

Also, I really liked the part where Fenrir thought about Sirius's safety and called him cub. Good Alpha protective of all his pack. :)

And Sharpfang somehow had an excuse for his behaviour? I'm glad, but then who put him under this curse? It will probably be hard for Harry to face him again, but at least he's willing and he can stlll think about the other pack's situation too.

I liked that the pack was supportive again. Chetan is really fun. And he can already read books? Good for him (and Harry!). I'm sure he'll be happy to play with the baby despite their age difference.

Oh and let's not forget the return of Dobby! I still see him as quite adorable, even though he's rather ugly and a bit obsessive over Harry. Plus, thank you for answering a question I had for a while: where do they get their food (besides the meat from hunting)? A storage hut (magical?), now replenished by a house-elf! Now, another one: what do they use as a bathroom? Do they have a communal bath/loo, or just use nature? Because I can't imagine how Harry would need to be carried if they have a bathroom in the hut (unless the hut is muuuch bigger than I thought). Just a few random things I think about sometimes...

Nice chapter, thanks for sharing - and for the review replies!

Hey, I'm very sorry that you had such problems with reviewing for the last chapter and of course it's not a problem that you posted your comment here. In fact, I very much admire your persistence :)

No doubt, Harry's unhappy childhood contributed to how he reacts and feels about certain situations and I doubt he'd be happy about having others tell him that he needs to stay in bed... Yes, no sex :D. To be honest I'm quite curious how I'll manage to write about Fenrir and Harry's relationship while they're not allowed to have sex. It plays such big role in their interactions. We'll see...

No, Harry won't be going shopping though he'll still need new clothes...

Ha, wouldn't you like to know who's behind the attack on Harry? You'll have to read on to find out...

About their day-to-day life: I imagine that werewolves eat a lot of meat, which they obviously procure through hunting, but they also have a vegetable garden and some sheep, maybe even a few chickens and such. I picture them leading a very rural, self-sufficient life without wizarding magic (so no magical storage hut). And as for a loo or a bathroom, I don't think they have one. The pack, I think, just baths in a nearby stream or lake and Harry and Sirius can use magic to create a shower or summon a bathtub. But of course, you're free to imagine something else, if you'd prefer :)...

Thank you and no problem!

Basic Wants - Chapter 40: Distraction

chris7100: Okay, Harry's really starting to get annoying. Yes, he's an emotional mess from pregnancy and a psychological mess from his history. And yes, bed rest sucks (been there, done that). BUT... He's just gotten ridiculous and, frankly, unlikable. You've done a good job of developing the other characters past their unlikability (Fenrir, Sirius), so it would be great if you could do the same with Harry. He really needs to grow up, the quicker the better. It might also be worth considering a time jump to move both the pregnancy and the plot forward.

:( I'm not sure how much maturity you can expect from a seventeen-year-old, no matter the circumstances. Harry is annoying and even unlikable, no argument there, but he's not like that because of being put on bed rest. Sure, he's not thrilled about that - and who would be? - but he's smart enough to realise that it's for the best. I don't know if I will manage to convince you, and even if I do you'll still think that Harry is annoying, but I'll try at least: Harry is a seventeen-year-old boy and he's pregnant. I'd imagine that would already be a pretty daunting experience if you knew that could happen, but to suddenly find that you're carrying another man's child and have everything you believed in turned upside down and inside out? For Fenrir and his pack this pregnancy might be a miracle, but I doubt Harry sees it that way, as much as he would want to... And I'm not considering a time jump, right now, sorry...

Anyway, I edited the next chapter with your review in mind so maybe you'll find that there's something more to Harry's character than childish petulance and annoying unlikability. Give it a chance?

unneeded: poor lil totally confused kitty pup. Still, a real kitten probably wouldln't have laasted long.

hehe. preg Harry is a snarky, snarky beast. ^^

Oh, yes, a real kitty probably wouldn't have even survived one single full moon... :)

dreaction: I've enjoyed the story, but ever since the pregnancy started, the story has gotten bogged down. Harry's whining as much as in the worst parts of OOP and HBP. Please reconsider the pacing, especially compared to Basic Needs. Something needs to happen aside from eating vegetarian food and acting like a petulant child.

Lol, that's almost a compliment, isn't it? At least, Harry isn't completely OOC :P... And I said from the beginning that this story would be different than Basic Needs. In the first story all the happenings were compressed into five chapters and there were only three characters to pay attention to. This story is much more complex and involves many characters that demand their fair share of attention. Something will happen soon, and I like to think that some things already happened so I hope you'll stick around long enough to see that...

Anon: Poke. update soon

All right, all right. Stop poking. I'm ticklish, you know?

PG: Harry IS being quite selfish. Who cares about being bored when your child's life is at stake?! Seriously, he could get a tv, a computer or a book in there to help with that. He's acting like a petulant little child, I'm afraid, and it's not attractive. I must admit, although I loved the story in the beginning, somewhere in the middle you lost the way and now it's just... meh. Harry whines, Fenrir's slowly turning into one of those doormatt-boyfriends and frankly, you need another mini-plot thrown in there, or just hurry up and finish. Because without Harry' whining, NOTHING is happening here.

I'm sorry, I do normally like your writing style and I actually like the thought behind this story, but this just isn't even slightly believable. I hold pretty low standards for mpreg stories to make it into my faves, just cause there are quite few who writes them nowadays, but even I feel like this is too much for such an action-less time in the story. There are dramaqueens and then there are hormonal monsters. Please have Harry realise this.

Ouch, another one who thinks that Harry is getting too annoying. All right, point taken. I'm not going to argue about it because yes, Harry is annoying (I wouldn't call him selfish, but that probably depends on your point of view). I still can't promise that it will get better any time soon because I intended this story like this and if I were to change it and make Harry all happy and accepting and positive, my end game wouldn't work anymore. But I added some little things to the next chapter and maybe they'll show you that Harry isn't as self-centred and as pointlessly stubborn as you seem to think. Plus, I made Fenrir take a stronger stance in the coming chapter so maybe you'll enjoy that...

I'm afraid the next chapter isn't all that eventful, but the one after that will start another mini-plot, which will then lead to a medium-sized plot...

Kera-Iazki: Cute chapter! ^^ Though I gotta emit, if i had a kitten that barked, I'd be freaking out, lol XD And I like that Harry talked about his feelings instead of cooping them up inside. It a step in the right direction :D

Thank you! I guess with moving portraits and flying broomsticks, Harry is used to unusual things happening around him....

Lindsay: I am only up to chapter 22, but I love this story. I am so interested in the new way that you have portrayed Harry and the whole wizarding world. I like that Voldemort is complex and has a sense of humor, he must if he puts up with Harry and keeps coming back for more. I am also deeply interested in the way the war, prison, and other atrocities have affected our beloved characters. I will say that I hope Fred and George make more appearances, I enjoy their sense of fun and their kindness towards Harry. I hope he eventually forgives them. Mostly, I love how new and fresh and interesting Fen and Harry's relationship is. I enjoy every moment of your story. Thank you for writing, and I do hope you continue to write.

From a fan

Thank you, dear fan :)... I'm glad you like the story so far and enjoy the way I have written the characters... I'm sad to say that Fred and George most likely won't make any more appearances, but there will be, of course, plenty more Fenrir/Harry-interaction... Thank you!

Kirikos: What can i tell you, i still love this story. Kitten-puppy is great :D Maybe you will gave us a little more about Fenrir and his unborn child? I mean, Harry is pregnant and all is concentrating about his needs and health. And everyone seems to forget that in his stomach is a little child. Am i writing it right? Beacuse my english is not good at all, i know ;)Am still thinking that Voldemort need a mate of his own, do not know why. Maybe because i like him in your story and want best for him!

Do Remus have a darker shade of his character? I mean, i see he love Sirius but he is werewolf too and not enough protective and dominant of him to me. Still, they are sweet and i love childish Sirius.

And i like very much another person from this story - its Maya. She is gentle and often silent, but strong and loving.

And for now its all i have to tell you. Keep writing and have fun of that :)

You're English is just fine, don't worry about it! There'll be a tiny little bit about Fenrir and his cub in the next chapter and also, I think, in the chapter after that, so I hope you'll like that... I don't have any romantic prospects for Voldemort, I'm sorry. I'm not sure if there's anyone who would be up to the challenge...

Remus? No, I don't think he'll ever really lose his temper or pound his fist on the table. He may have grown to accept his werewolf-side a little more since he came to live with the pack, but I think deep down he's still afraid of losing control and hurting someone... But I'm glad you like Maya. I really thought of her as a motherly figure, someone who would be able to stand up to all those dominant werewolves without challenging them. Thus, I'm glad it worked :) Thank you!

Basic Wants - Chapter 41: Authority

unneeded:why would we hit you. I've taken the view the any update is a good one, so don't whine and accept with gratitude such up dates as we do get.^^

Heh, moody Harry r moody. So when do we get another hint on whoever over controled the other alpha... though the family moments were kinda fun. fufufu

I don't know, but I really like you're attitude :)... Oh, there'll be plenty of hints in the next chapter... Thank you!

dreaction: While it certainly is your story to do what you wish, the problem is that we're not getting much tension or direction where the overall story is going. Filler chapters like these need to have something reminding us of the overall tension coming from the idea that someone is after Harry for whatever reason. Is it a large plot against Voldemort? Is it just targeting the werebaby? Compare the last set of chapters to the beginning chapters of this story. There we had Travers and Malfoy, Voldemort, and Harry with their own plotlines intersecting and moving forward.

Lately it's just been Harry whining and Fenrir not really doing anything aside from carry Harry around. If you're going to have this many characters to juggle, there's no reason that Harry and Fenrir have to be in every single one. Either develop the background ones more, or kill a few off because there are a lot of useless ones. A good background character always comes in with the sense that they have their own life going on while the main characters are off doing their thing. Right now, aside from Voldemort, Malfoy and Travers, none of the other characters are detailed enough to give that sense. Sirius and Lupin basically just hug Harry and have sex. Really? Lord Sirius Black of the Ancient and Noble House of Black can spend his entire time in a werewolf pack and ignore the estates, money, title, and position? And two out of the four original Marauders are partners and they haven't pranked anyone at all in this story? Ever? And they aren't planning/teaching/conspiring Harry to prank Fenrir or any of the other werewolves because Harry has oh so much to do laying around and oh so many targets?

Another of the main problems with these werewolf-pack-pregnant-Harry chapters is that when nothing happens to move the story forward, we're also not learning anything new about the characters or the world. For this entire chapter, we still didn't get anything new aside from Sawyer being a Stones fan. An entire chapter devoted to Sawyer's backstory would have been much more interesting assuming he's actually a useful character later on instead of background characters Maya (she cooks! and that's all we know about her). Or having one of the established werewolves telling a story about how Fenrir either became Alpha or the last time someone really challenged Fenrir would have brought something new to the story.

As for Harry: I know a teen parent, as well as a couple of teenagers that have effectively raised their siblings with absentee parents. Those people were a blend of teenage reactions and maturity. Harry just whines, and it's not even interesting whining. He's not even acting like a parent, which you would expect he would think about the ramifications of his completely unprecedented pregnancy. I don't expect him to turn into Hermoine or anything, but he hasn't even talked to Remus about how parents deal with a were-child, much less anyone else that was bitten young. Harry should be worried about wolfsbane potion safe for infants and whether or not Fen would even want his child to take it at all. Harry should be freaking about about who's going to tutor the child in werewolf skills and Muggle subjects and Wizarding subjects because as irrational as that is to worry about that for a fetus, that's at least worth an argument about with Fenrir and makes Harry both whiny and still showing how he's maturing.

You seem to assume that the main plot is that someone is after Harry and while that certainly will play a role in the coming chapters, it's not what this story is about. Of course, you can read it that way, but then you're bound to be disappointed because no, there hasn't been much about that. I didn't want this story to have a traditional structure with setup, confrontation and resolution and there won't be a great climax and then a few more chapters to wrap this story up.

I'm also sorry that you don't seem to like most of the secondary characters because I do. Maybe that is because I haven't managed to convey every bit of information that I wanted to convey, I don't know, but I stand by my opinion that you could learn much more from the last chapter than merely that Sawyer is a fan of the Rolling Stones. And why would Sirius have to deal with his titles and his money? What could he gain from that? He's happy where he is now, he doesn't need money, he doesn't need his title and I doubt he'd want to go back to Grimmauld Place. With the Ministry all but destroyed, who is there to say that he has to take care of any of those things? Voldemort, I think, has better things to do that worry about something like that. And Sirius transfiguring Minnie could be seen as prank, couldn't it?

I like you're last paragraph. I really think you raised some valid questions and concerns and I tried to incorporate a little of it into the next chapter. It's probably not as pronounced as you would have liked, but maybe you'll like it.

In any case, thank you for your long review and for telling what you think!

Willow Wand:So where were all these wonderful, loving, gentle, thoughtful, supportive, generous and kind people when I was pregnant. If every pregnancy (and child) received the consideration that Harry receives in this story, the world would be so much more amazing. (Whine over.)

This is a good chapter (41) and provides some down time. And it did ask and answer a lot of questions. However, I think Harry is starting to get whiny, cranky, bored and definitely ready for more action. And I think I might be too. Can't blame it on pregnancy though; just a bitch. Not that I am planning on leaving this story behind or anything. I enjoy your writing far too much to consider that. Just like Harry, I plan to stick around for every single chapter. And any other stories you may write in the future.

But I do have one question. What happened to the cat? I may be wrong at this point but I don't recall the barking kitty being mentioned at all in this chapter. It just seems out of character for Harry to have not requested (or demanded) the kitten's presence at some point. Was there something I missed?

I just read this and I think I wasn't very nice, for which I do apologize. But I am going to leave it as written because it's still an honest reflection of my thoughts on this chapter and because I'm too worn out from sitting on airport runways waiting for the weather to change. I made it home, took a short nap, read chapter 41 and posted this review. I'm sure I'll reread this tomorrow and feel terrible. So just in case and in advance, again... I'm sorry. And I really am looking forward to chapter 42.

Honey, if this is you not being nice, than I think I missed something :D... No need to apoglise for stating your opinion...

I think it's a very good thing that you're ready for some action because there will be in the next chapter - though there won't be any drawn wands, werewolf fights or big catastrophes, I have to ease you into it, after all, or you might be overwhelmed :)...

About the cat: She was in the next chapter but somehow she got lost in the editing process. Check out the forum post below...

Althydia: Thanks for this long and lovely chapter! Sorry I couldn't review before, I was away for a few days. I also liked the previous chapter, with the 'doggie' kitten (I did think this cat had very dog-like characteristics before the truth came out...), and I don't really understand how people would be offended with some parts. Was it Harry? I didn't find him particularly annoying, just in-character with how you've portrayed him - a young man, not quite an adult but forced to act like one too early, pregnant by accident, strong despite his hard life and who doesn't like to be vulnerable and show weaknesses, and what's more he's forced into bed rest (I would go completely crazy if it happened to me)... Actually, your Harry probably acts more like canon-Harry should act (I've always wondered how a person with his background of neglect and bullying didn't become a psychopath or at least socially and emotionally inept with misanthropic tendencies). His mood swings are obviously a result of his pregnancy. And by the way, why should Harry be a perfect little 'mother' suddenly? He's young, insecure, has a right to be afraid and feel selfish sometimes. He's only human and I like that he has faults too... Just like Fenrir and all the others.

Anyway, sorry about the ranting. Once again, I loved the moments showing intimacy among the pack and Fenrir in his Alpha role. Harry and him opened up more to each other too (all these small private moments among them are quite important to build a relationship), and Remus was quite sweet and rather 'maternal' (I like this side of him, seemingly at odds with his wilder werewolf side). Plus Harry is really part of the pack now, which is made more and more obvious. Where was Minnie, though? :) Also, I guess the bit with the nightgown was partly due to hormones? Because really, when you think about it, wizarding robes are quite like dresses too (think: Snape or Dumbledore in the movies) and a few decades ago men also wore nightgowns to bed...

Is the antenatal class in the next chapter? Should be quite funny... And I think you did well at depicting Fenrir and Harry without them having sex! ;)

Aw, I missed you, so glad to have you back! I'm glad you liked that last two chapters and that you picked up on Minnie's doggish (that's not a word, is it?) behaviour...

Hm, yes, some reviewers found Harry particularly annoying in the last chapters, and I suppose he is, but like you I thought that was still rather in character with how I imagine him. I really appreciate your opinion - I was beginning to doubt myself :) - and I think you might have guessed where this story is heading. Congrats!

And I'm glad you liked the interactions between Fenrir, the pack, Harry and Remus. I think the bit about the nightgown once again showed that Harry was raised by rather narrow-minded Muggles. Can you imagine Uncle Vernon in a nightgown (I don't suggest it, the results are rather disconcerting)? For a wizard-raised wizard wearing a nightgown might not have been a great deal, just like being pregnant would not have come as such a shock to them, but to Harry it's only another thing that sets him apart from what is "normal"...

Minnie, well, you're the second person who asked after her, so for that, and for your great and encouraging review there's a little scene below that didn't make it into the final draft of chapter 42. Consider it my way to say thanks!

Basic Wants - Minnie (Chapter 42)

This takes place during breakfast in chapter 42: Experience. For those of you who wondered what happened to Minnie and who are not yet tired of Harry's whinging...

“Where’s Minnie?” Harry asked when he had finished his porridge, interrupting Remus and Sirius bickering about who was supposed to tidy up their hut and if the hut needed tidying up in the first place.

“Chetan found her yesterday while he was on guard duty and took her into our hut,” Sawyer offered. “I think she’s still sleeping there, keeping Chetan company.”

Harry peered over his shoulder to mock-glare at Fenrir. “See, that’s why I wanted a real cat! At least then none of you would have even thought of stealing her from me.”

In a split moment, Fenrir decided that two could play this game and that it was high time to remind Harry, who was so eager to change them in his favour, of the dynamics of their relationship. “We don’t steal.” Fenrir growled a little, locking Harry’s frail, thin wrists in one of his hands and making a point of pinning them against his thigh. “You just need to look after your things better.”

Harry tugged a little on his hands, quickly growing frustrated when Fenrir wouldn’t release him. “I beg to differ, wolfie. Sawyer, for example, has the unfortunate habit of stealing my blanket.”

“Actually,” Sawyer spoke up cautiously, “This time you pushed it off in your sleep, muttering about how it was too hot. I didn’t... I mean I apologise for the other time.”

Harry spared him a brief smile before he turned back to glaring at Fenrir. “Whatever, just one of many examples.”

“Really?” Fenrir mocked, while arranging Harry in a submissive position. “I’m all ears.”

Harry scowled at him. “I would not wish to put any of you in a bad light – and what exactly are you doing?!”

“I thought you would be more comfortable like this,” Fenrir commented nonchalantly, admiring his handy work and Harry’s immobilized form under his own heavier body. “And do give me an example, small pretty thing, none of us will be offended.”

“I’m not more comfortable like this, Fen!” Harry protested, trying in vain to get his feet in the small space that Fenrir had left between his own stomach and Harry’s baby bump. “Get off me!”

“I’m very comfortable; I think I might just stay here for a bit longer.” Fenrir grinned. “At least until we have finished our conversation. You were saying, beautiful little human?”

“You want a stupid example? Well, then: You! You always steal my freedom to move, to decide over my own body. You kidnap me on a regular basis. You force-feed me. You tell me what to do and if I don’t obey you immediately you act like I committed treason. You... You’re just so you!” Harry scowled fiercely at him, his breath coming in short, agitated pants.

Fenrir chuckled, gently rubbing his thumb over Harry’s flushed cheeks. “You forgot to list the worst of my crimes.” He leaned very close, indeed rolled from hovering over Harry to rest next to him and tucked the younger man into his arms. “I stole your heart and I’m never going to give it back, my little fiery one. Never.”

“See! Now you even admitted it!” Harry stated triumphantly, tilting his head up in a silent challenge before he moved to straddle Fenrir’s midriff with surprising agility. “I think you need to be punished.”

“Another kitten?” Fenrir demanded, only half jesting.

“No,” Harry said, walking his fingers slowly across Fenrir’s defined chest. “I think, since you stole my heart and all, it would only be fair if I got yours in return.”

“You get the bad end of that deal,” Fenrir informed him, meeting Harry halfway as he sat up while the young wizard lowered his upper body so that Harry was once again resting comfortably against the werewolf’s chest.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of it.” Harry smiled almost sweetly at him before he buried his face against Fenrir’s neck.

• 4 weeks later...

Basic Wants - Chapter 43: Revenge

unneeded: figures Mio would go all judgemental without knowing the full story... how did she tip her hand?

I think it was just Voldemort's (and most likely Harry's) paranoia that blew her cover. He strikes me as someone who would check into everyone's background to make absolutely sure that they're no threat...

Althydia: I knew that woman was suspicious! Although I admit I hadn't expected her to be Hermione at all. I guess Harry had his suspicions too and the message from Voldemort confirmed them? Good thinking - and magic display - on his part anyway, though I doubt Fenrir feels very happy to have been left out of the revelation (probably to avoid him refusing for Harry to go and confront her?). I wonder how their heart-to-heart will go in the next chapter... Also, Harry was again confronted with the fact that even though he's grown fond of some of them, he's effectively on the side of 'Dark' wizards who don't have his principles. I think it could be good for him to realise and admit that and he can't really stay neutral anymore because he's already crossed that line by being Voldemort's heir.

Now I also worry that Hermione had accomplices since she said that with the portkey Harry would have landed 'in our midst'. So have the former 'Light' wizards who were exiled regrouped somewhere? But don't they still have a block on their magic (wasn't it included in the vow)? And Hermione has really lost it. Poor sacrificed baby and real-Helen.

Nice chapter, and I'm glad Harry got out of the situation unscathed. I guess the next one will be more emotional? Hopefully not too stressful for Harry, though. :)

By the way, I couldn't find the review replies to the last chapter... And I hope this week will be less stressful for you. Thanks for the update and have a nice end of the week!

I'm glad I still managed to surprise you a little :)... Would you have Harry agree with Voldemort's methods, with killing Hermione for example? Because I just don't think that's Harry whether or not he remains neutral or admits that he's gone dark side.

There are certainly some Light wizards still on the loose, but they can't come back to Great Britain or plot directly against Voldemort or risk losing their lives and magic. I think Hermione was their leader and the only one who could really have become dangerous since she found a way around her oath...

Yep, lots of emotions in the next chapter and rather a lot of stress as well, I'm afraid...

I'm sorry about the review replies to the last chapter. I did post them, but somehow they seem to have disappeared :(... Thank you!

purefaith91: Finally! So glad to see LV and FG stand up to Harry's misguided altruism. Seems he is constantly bitching at those that are on his side and then trying to protect those that are not and would like nothing more than to see him dead. Excellent chapter. p

Well, Fenrir will be putting his foot down in the next chapter... Let's see how that works out... Thank you!

Kirikos: Well, Hermione was a great surprise for me! So much venom in her and that words about her and Harry's childrens...it was scary. But good for plot, i think. And now about Fenrir - you written so much about him in last 3 chapters and all what I love!His words to Harry about child and his behaviour in meetings with other pregnant people - like him so much like this. And sacrifice to sleep not in Harry's arms, but letting other pack mates be nearer than he..And Harry with each next chapter is a little bit more patient and adult, or maybe Fenrir is handling him better than in the past.

Are you really, really certain that Tom will be all alone? Not even with a lover? Very patient lover, I mean. Or maybe arrogant like Tom ;)I will be nagging you about this, i promise!

I see your point about Remus. After all, Sirius love him and Remus do not have a reason to strongly dominate him. So i will drop it right away. And about Maya, yes, i too was seeing her like motherly figure and still like her very much, of course.

Wel, if you really do not have objections to my english, then so be it. I will not be posting warnings about it anymore, promise ^^

To next review, then.

Lol, good to know that I managed to make Hermione a little scary... I'm glad you liked Fenrir's and Harry's development in the last few chapters... Well, if you'd like you can assume that Tom and Malfoy Sr. get down and dirty from time to time. I think that would work out as long as there aren't too many emotions involved... Good, you know, confidence is the magic ingredient :D Thank you!

Basic Wants - Chapter 44: Partnership

unneeded: well, that answered my Mio questions.

wow, insecure much... just how much does Fen have to prove that he loves and wants Harry as part of his pack before it sinks in? I suppose the preg hormones wouldn't be helping either. How long does harry have left to go?

I'm not quite sure, but Fenrir has a lot of work ahead of him... He's about six month along now, but you're question will be answered in the next chapter... Thanks for your review!

mrequecky: Loved :D

Good to know :)

Althydia: Very nice, long chapter. I'm glad the fight between Harry and Fenrir was resolved in the same chapter and it didn't get much worse by Harry thinking Fenrir cheated on him with Lin (I was a bit afraid it would evolve into much more drama with Harry's emotions so raw and unstable). And of course I don't expect Harry to change his principles, but just to realise that the people around him don't have the same ones and he is actually in the minority in that respect (so in some cases it might be a bit pointless to fight about it so stubbornly - although I don't expect him to accept everything easily, but maybe just choose his battles carefully).

I understand Harry's reasoning, on a purely technical level, for why he didn't tell Fenrir about his plan, and it totally makes sense with Harry's background, but of course I also see how he screwed up with Fenrir, and I'm glad he realised his mistake quickly this time. In this chapter Harry seemed to try and make a bigger effort to understand Fenrir and apologise to him than in some of their previous fights. I'm glad that Fenrir finally had a better idea of where Harry comes from, though.

Still, Harry's continuous insecurities could become a problem again and are rather worrying. Aren't they still supposed to attend counselling sessions with Healer Lestrange? Because talking to someone about it might be a great help for Harry...

I was glad to see David and Harry's roles reversed for once, even though David was a bit awkward at reassuring Harry. At least he was honest and understanding. :) By the way, the little bit with Fenrir ordering Draco around was quite funny (particularly for someone with a snobby background like Draco) and in-character for Fenrir. Once an Alpha...

Sirius and Remus's reactions to Harry's predicament were also what I expected from them - Sirius being totally on Harry's side and Remus trying to reason and make Harry understand Fenrir's side gently. And thanks for Minnie's reappearance too!

About Harry's magic being not used enough: I thought he had actually used quite a lot recently with Hermione... but maybe he had waited too long?

And I liked the idea of an 'exchange' between different packs. It's definitely worth looking into for members to find mates. After all, Sawyer is also still without one, so maybe some girls from Marrock's pack could visit? Or both packs could meet somewhere neutral and see if some of their single members find mates among each other?

And will we see some romance between Chetan and Tristan? I wouldn't mind at all if you decided to add some of it to the story. ;)

Also, I've realised that I have trouble imagining what some characters look like, because I can't remember how and where you described them. For example, I have no idea what Tristan looks like, and I didn't remember David's 'mismatched' eyes (I just remembered he had grey hair and was older than Draco).

Anyway, thanks for this long chapter, and I look very much forward to the next one!

Very nice, very long review, too! :) I think it was about time that Fenrir stood his ground with Harry, even if it caused Harry quite a bit of stress. But in the long run, I think they developed a better understanding for each other and took a few cautious steps forwards.

Yep, Harry is still supposed to meet with Rudolphus for counselling. And as I imagine it, he does, but I'm not sure he's really opening up about his problems...

Well, yes, Harry used a lot of magic with Hermione, but then he moped around all night and all morning, not doing anything, and I suppose his magic just got restless. Maybe his magic just didn't like being ignored again after it had been allowed out to play...

The romance between Tristan and Chetan takes place mostly off-screen. I'll add a few tiny bits, but all in all you'll have to read between the lines...

Hm, well, the descriptions of the pack members are in chapter 3 (at the beginning) and the thing about David's mismatched eyes was in chapter 14, if you want to read that up, but honestly, you're free to imagine them any way you want to. I think someone once told me that they imagined Sawyer to look like one of the characters from Lost :)

Thank you for your review!

shadowwolf03: Wow... I was away for vacation and just got back this week so I've been playing catch up including checking in on my favorite stories. Glad to see that you're still being inspired and each chapter adds even further depth to your story. Harry's going to have a hard time over coming his feelings of not being wanted but the struggle is well worth the effort.

Thank you! I'm glad you came back to this story! Yeah, I'm sure it will be worth it :)

Basic Wants - Chapter 45: Knowing One's Place

unneeded: Harry the wolf is such a ball of mischief.

speaking of mischief, will we hear from the twins or voldi any tiem soon? I Hope Harry can birth his cub soon.

I'm glad Harry is off the total bed rest. It was making the story drag a bit.

The next full moon is going to be very important.

Lol, indeed. Well, Voldemort will make another appearance soon and you can be sure that he's up to some mischief, but I'm not sure if the twins will turn up again... And the baby will be delivered soon-ish, at least... Thanks for your review!

Althydia: Great scene at the end, it's nice to see a bit more of wolf pack life once in a while. And Harry's wolf form is quite cheeky and adorable. He seems to act more his age as a wolf (meaning: the youngest of the pack). Has his behaviour appeased Lin, though? I can understand Fenrir's dilemma, but his mate -carrying his cub- will obviously take precedence sometimes. Also, will someone try and educate Harry more about pack rules? He's quite obviously part of the pack, just like Sirius. Did Remus teach Sirius pack hierarchy so that he knew what to do with Lin? Maybe if Harry wants to belong more in the pack (he does already, but he doesn't seem to realise this), he'll have to show that he wants to know more about the way it works...

Also, now it looks like we might get to see the baby earlier than expected? Although hopefully a bit later than right now... But they should make sure that they have everything ready, just in case. And maybe find a name for it (besides 'cub' of course)?

I'm still worried about Harry's health and his own lack of concern for it, but at least he eats now. Yay for food cravings!

Also, glad that Harry and Fenrir discussed Hermione's fate a little, and thanks for the more detailed sex scene! It had seemed like a bit of a long time since the last one. I'm sure that Harry calling Fenrir 'my Alpha' during it must be even more of a turn on for Fenrir (does Harry do it on purpose?). ;) And Harry must have been happy to have been able to have some friends over. He's much friendlier with Draco too.

Thanks for reminding me where the descriptions of the pack members are in the story. It's nice to have at least some indications, because if I completely imagine them I might get confused when other descriptions come up in the story that are completely different from what I've imagined. Do you see what I mean? And I had completely forgotten that Tristan was Maya's brother.

So, baby time already next chapter? Well, you decide of course, and I'll look forward to anything you write!

I think it's a bit like Sirius described his time in Azkaban (in the books), that he turned into his Animagus form because his thoughts were simpler and less tortured in that form. I guess it's the same for Harry when he's in wolf form and the fact that his worries and fears aren't as prominent make him more relaxed... Sirius is more dependent on Remus than Harry will allow himself to be and thus I think he has accepted Remus' dominance and his own role in their pack. When Remus became a part of a larger pack, Sirius adapted to that as well because Remus adapted to it. Does that make sense? Harry, on the other hand, is still trying to prove to himself and to Fenrir that he's independent (even though, he had his moments were he admitted that he needs Fenrir) and fitting into the pack is not his main goal in life. I agree that he probably should make an effort to learn more about how the pack works, but I think that often it's also that he does know what he should do and how he should behave but chooses not to because he's too stubborn.

There'll be some preparations and planning in the next chapter so no baby yet...

You can bet that he does it on purpose :) Yep, I see your point, it's just that I find lengthy descriptions always rather tiresome (both to read and to write):)...

Thank you!

MrE-Quecky: Ooohhh, how cute :)

Change of name? :) Thank you!

Basic Wants - Chapter 45: Fixing

unneeded: I'm glade Harry is going to have the baby. It's to dangerous for him...Though, why Michael?

I'm glad Lin is coming around. If she does take that holiday, I hope she finds someone.

Just because I like the name, no other reason :)... I just think that Lin needs a bit of distance, whether or not she'll find someone - who knows?

bored137654: Why do I have this sinking feeling that there won't be ten days for Harry and Fen will have to come rushing to the castle? Don't tell me if I'm right. Just promise a happy ending? There's no character death warning! I think... Gaaah. Just update. (and get our boys married! :D)

I don't know, maybe you're paranoid? :( Or you don't trust me... About that character death warning, there isn't? Uh-oh, that's unfortunate, maybe I forgot to add it... My bad.

Althydia: Aww, they are really cute together! But Fenrir actually wanted to marry Harry? I hope he'll have another opportunity. :) And yay, they talked about baby names and birth preparations!

Tempers were flying at some points in the chapter between Fenrir and Harry but I'm glad it got back under control each time. Harry really doesn't need that at a time like this. I hope he'll hold out for 10 more days and that the birth will go fine for both him and the baby. There'll be hell to pay from Fenrir otherwise. Also, if the baby is premature, he'll need an incubator, so will he have to stay in the castle or will Harry be able to bring him back to the pack with him? And what about the full moon when the child will undergo the change? Sounds a bit complicated. Funny that Harry wants Tom there too, a bit like a Dark Lord godfather...

Plus, there was some very serious discussion about eating disorders, but I'm glad Harry trusted Fenrir enough to open up to him about it and the Dursleys' abuse (and I understand better now why Harry is rarely seen eating in the story). And I'm very pleasanty surprised about Lin's changed attitude towards Harry. Quite clever of him to submit to her too, because even being the Omega, the other wolves can't really rough him up too much because he's also their Alpha's mate. Among real wolves the Alpha's mate would actually be the female Alpha and have quite a lot of power too.

So, will the next chapter include Harry's visit to the castle or will it show the birth? By the way, I think it's nice that Harry and Fenrir can have these few moments not together - Harry visiting his friends in the castle and Fenrir taking care of his other packmates - otherwise they might become fed up with seeing each other all the time.

Anyway, very nice chapter and I look forward to the next one!

Hm, maybe it was more like a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing that he proposed... I'm not sure if I consider Fenrir the marrying type...

If Harry will be able to take Michael back home to the pack or if they'll keep for observation in the castle, will depend on how the birth goes, right? And how many werewolf character traits Michael inherited from Fenrir...

I had considered leaving tthat scene out, but I think it was important for them to open up to each other and to try to find a solution together...

The next chapter will be about neither of those subjects, I'm afraid. But yes, I agree with you, I think it's good that they don't spend all their time together - it might get boring, for all of us, if they did :)...

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Old review replies from...

Basic Needs - Chapter 1: Sleep

to Drachenfliege: Danke schön! Sind schon süß die zwei, gell? Grüße zurück!

to Alarith: Thank you! I’ll see what I can do, wouldn’t want to leave you waiting for too long.

to hiyayaka: Thanks.

to Varjo: Already? My, my, that was fast. I must have done something right then. Of course I’ll keep writing, and I hope you’ll like Fenrir’s reaction.

to Anon: Thanks. Update for you!

to Zuka: *lol* Well, I’m sure jumping around is good for your blood circulation or something like that, so I’m glad I could contribute to your health... Thank you.

to geo: Thank you! I’m glad I didn’t kill either of them in the very first chapter *lol*, where would that leave the story, after all.

to Vampirezdarkgurl: Thank you. I’ll do my best.

to sp: Thank you. Well, if it’s that urgent, I guess I have to update...

to Amiyom: *lol* Thanks. I guess a white cub and a werewolf playing around is too cute, even for Azkaban...

to bookbinder: Thank you. That’s the thing about first chapters, isn’t it? They have to be intriguing or no one would read the next chapter... I’m glad you like Fenrir, I think I did a quite good job with him... You have to read on to find out *wink*

to A kira: Thank you! I’m glad you like the idea and the way the characters interact...

to qwerty: Hey, guess what I just realised? How you came up with your penname (I know it took me quite long, but on a German keyboard the “z” and “y” have switched places). Ha!

Anyway, I assumed that Harry’s cell was somewhere apart from the other prisoners - solitary - and that it was guarded by Dementors. Duren only comes from time to time (because he, too, doesn’t fancy keeping the Dementors company), and the Dementors aren’t very perceptive, are they? I mean they can’t see, and I always figured that Harry also changed into his Animagus form in his cell to protect himself from their influence. Thus, they would receive only a trickle of emotions when he is in his cell, which is not all that different from receiving no emotions at all. And Harry does return in the morning so maybe the Dementors assume that for one he’s losing his mind, and that he also shuts down completely when he’s asleep. Does that make sense to you? It does to me, but I’m not sure I explained it right.

Thank you!

to kunitsu: Thank you! Here's more for you.

to Lambchop: Did I scare you? *lol* Thank you, I hope I won’t disappoint you.

to demonwings2121: Gore is with blood, right? Well, I can’t promise you that he’ll get his hands on the guards, but there will be some blood, and violence, and all that good stuff...

to dino1: You won’t have to wait much longer, but the questions will be answered later on, sorry...

to ZombieDuke: Whoa! I get it, you want an update *lol*. Thank you. The Hiding Charm? No, not really, and I would assume that it has worn off after a quarter year. I just liked the thought of a white wolf (and it’s mildly important later on), and the white fur is either white because of Harry’s skin or because he’s an Arctic wolf. You can choose which explanation you like better... Nope, first, I’m pretty sure that Fenrir is no vampire (thus, the “disease” isn’t transmitted when Harry drinks his blood), and secondly, the Marauders spent countless times with Remus, and I doubt that they didn’t have some playful fights where Remus bit one of them, and none of them turned into a werewolf. I think the “curse” isn’t transmitted to animals. Thank you...

to BRM: *grins* You like it, I take. Thanks.

to yaoihentaiqueen: Thank you! Hope you'll like this chapter as well...

to Lina: *lol* Thank you. 20 times? You must know it better than I. I’m flattered!

to lockheart: Kisses? Chocolate? Who could resist such an offer?

to Meamz: Thank you! I hope the waiting was worthwhile.

to Anon (the second): Thank you! And no problem, I enjoy writing, and reading that people like my stories always makes me smile like the cat that ate the cream...

to applesauce_N_soysauce: Of course, but don’t die! You’d miss the next chapter!

to sneaky: Thank you. Capital letters, you must be serious *grins*

to Rokkis: Thank you. I’m glad you like it.

to Bones: Thanks. Then I guess, you just have to read the next chapter.

to Jangel: Thank you. *lol* I know you shouldn’t support addiction, but in this case, I just can’t resist...

to HarryVik (2x): Thank you, for the first review. To your second review: Isn’t that kind of sexist to say that girls are always crying and emotional and sentimental? Anyway, I do see your point, and if you believe me or not, I have been working on that. I used to like Harry “girly”, but now I also like him a bit more independent and stronger (though, I guess, there will always be heartfelt declarations of love, and I’ll doubt I’ll ever write a story where Harry isn’t the submissive). In this story, Harry won’t be “girly”, at least I don’t think so, but I will always portray the characters how I like them, and if that disturbs you, there isn’t really much I can do about it... Don’t worry, I’m not offended. I know that “my” Harry isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and maybe this story will be “manly” enough for you. *grin*

to bas: Thank you. Don’t worry there is.

to Narias: Thank you. I will.

to Tina109: Short and to the point. *grins* Thanks.

to feltonisasexybeast: Thank you, that was my intention! I hope I’ll answer the questions to your satisfaction soon enough...

to HoneySanpia1: Thank you. *grins* Of course, I will.

to Demonic Darkness: Thanks. Here's the next chapter for you.

to Katonie: I’ll see what I can do... Thank you.

to Tgwsworld: Thank you. I hope you’ll like where the story is going.

to Lady Bipolar: Thank you. Yep, I think it is Harry. Nope, since Harry was in his animal form and animals can’t be turned into werewolves, can they? That would result in some weird creatures... The Marauders never turned into werewolves, either...

to shadow: Thank you. You won't have to wait much longer. I hope you'll like this chapter as well.

to AngelSlyth: Thank you. I’m glad you think so. *grins*

to Lydia Monroe: Thank you. I’ll update soon, don’t worry.

to Koru: Thank you. No, Harry isn’t a werewolf, so yes, he could stay in his wolf form how ever long he pleases, but there’s still the fact that he has to get back to his cell and Fenrir wants to keep him...

to Wren Piper: Thank you. Okay, if I must... You’ll see in this chapter, don’t worry. Thank you, I’m glad you like my stories...

to starlight: Thank you for reviewing.

to Missy: Thank you. Well, I’m glad I could surprise you and make you curious...

to New Moon: Thank you. I’m glad you think so.

to Viktoria: Do you now? Well, I guess you have to read the next chapter, then. Thank you.

to Vex: Thanks. That’s an interesting thought. To have Harry try to convert Fenrir to the Light side by offering him companionship, but no, that’s not the case. You’ll have to read on to find out what is going on.

Basic Needs - Chapter 2: Water

to Anne: Thank you. I hope you survived waiting for this chapter...

to Bones: Hey! You can't just kill of the characters in a story! I still need them! Revive them at once! I'm glad you agree, Harry really only meant it like that... Thank you, but give the guards and Death Eaters back - Now!

to kunitsu: Thank you. I hope you'll like this chapter...

to Vampirezdarkgurl: Thank you. Here is more for you...

to kanaro: Urm, maybe? No, kidding, yes, you'll find out eventually, but I don't want to overload you with information... Maybe, you'll have to wait and see... You little pervert *lol*, there will be smut in the last chapter, though...

to qwerty: Good. Yes, Fenrir knows that there are Animagi, but he can't grasp the fact that a wizard would willingly spend time with a werewolf, so it's difficult for him to see his cub as a wizard, or a wizard as his cub... Thank you.

to Cathartes: Thank you! I'm glad you like it...

to Alex: *lol* Thank you! I'm glad you like Fenrir. That's exactly what I wanted him to be like. A bit arrogant, rather wolf-like, but nonetheless intelligent...

to Kati-chan: Thank you, here's your update...

to ooky: Thank you. I'm glad to tell you that this time your checking successful... *grin*

to Amiyom: I'm glad I managed to surprise you! Thank you for reviewing... And maybe they will, maybe not...

to applesauce_N_soysauce: Good, I'm glad you saw reason *lol*... Thank you, but why do you need booboo-bears (what are booboo-bears, by the way?) and bandages?

to PotionsPet: Thank you, I'm glad you managed to read it.

to Koru: That depends on what you would consider soon, wouldn't it? Thanks *grin*

to BRM: Thank you *lol*!

to sp: Thank you. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter as well...

to momoko: Thank you! Maybe you'll also like the next chapter...

to julian: Thank you. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed Winter and Ice and that I could lure into another one of my stories *grin*... Thank you, I hope I can offer the kind of creativity this story and pairing requires and that you'll continue liking it... I'm not sure that there will be much of Harry's PoV in here as I don't want to mix it up and cnfuse my readers or myself, but I'll see what I can do... I think Fenrir is so "human" because he is still only half wolf and while in Azkaban he had to suppress his wolf side or he would have gone insane... Besides, it's not so much humans that he despises, but wizards (though, as he doesn't have much contact with Muggles, he readily ignores them)... He has a certain picture of wizards, and everything bad is for him "wizard", just as for the Ministry everyone not on their side is "dark/evil/bad". Of course, he himself is just prejudiced against wizards as he thinks wizards are against werewolves, but he thinks that wizards deserve no better - Tit for tat. I hope this explained it, but if not, I think this chapter also gives you some information about it...

to slashaddict: Well, if it helps, Fenrir never attacked Bill in this story since he was in Azkaban at the time of the battle... Thank you.

to morganabythesea: Your welcome. I'm glad you like the story and think that Fenrir and Harry are in character. I don't hear that very often, especially about Harry... *grin*

to feltonisasexybeast: Thank you! *grin* I'm curious to know how often you will read this chapter...

to prima: Thanks...

to Wren Piper: Thank you... You know, I had played with the thought, but then again, I thought this way it was more dramatic *grin*... Definitely, Fenrir is hypocritical, but I think he had many bad experiences with wizards and never really met an exception to the rule he established for himself. I think this chapter explains it in some more depths, and I hope it makes sense...

The answer to your second question is also in this chapter. Fenrir is certainly no saint, but in this story at least, he didn't attack Bill as he was in Azkaban at that time, and Harry doesn't know about Remus' connection to Fenrir...

Fenrir could indeed turn Harry since Harry will not always stay in this wolf form, and Fenrir, as an Alpha, can turn a wizard into a werewolf even when it's not the full moon. (I know it's different than in the books, but I think, it just requires a lot of strength and concentration on Fenrir's part he doesn't necessarily have to spare in a fight.)

Thanks. And yes, I will update every Sunday.

to Lady BiPolar: Well, I think the water was actually cold *grin* *wink* You'll have to read on to find out. Thanks.

to Ai_Sere: Your wish is my command.

Basic Needs - Chapter 3: Food

to Ai_Sere: Thanks!

to cass: *lol* Thank you. I'm glad you like Harry...

to kati-chan: Thank you for reviewing... *lol*

to kunitsu: Well, I guess this chapter explained Harry's darker aura - betrayal tends to do that to a person... Thank you...

to dino1: You mean Travers? He might or he might not... Thank you!

to bcat: Thank you!

to Lady BiPolar: Here you have your cookie then, and thank you! I guess this chapter answered the question when Harry would start liking Fenrir, and the next chapter will answer the other question *wink*...

to Rokkis: Thank you for your reviews... I'm glad you liked the shower scenes, it's kind of a typical prison cliché, isn't it? This chapter did give you a lot more information, so I guess answering those questions is kind of superfluous now... I hope you enjoyed your vacation, and yes, I feel much better now *grin*...

to Varjo: I like the titles and the distinction between the different basic needs. Sorry if it annoys you. Well, actually the first chapter was called sleep, so that won't come twice, though you were right with human contact... and the sex...

to ZaraLove79: Thank you, and yes, more soon!

to Amiyom: Thanks. *lol* Oh, I didn't only do it to annoy you, but also because I didn't want to overwhlem you with too much information at once... Thank you. I think Harry without caring for others just wouldn't be Harry, and I have to agree that caring for Fenrir and Travers may be his way to keep his sanity and himself intact... I realise that, but half as many reviews is a bit drastic, isn't it? Still, thanks for the comfort.

to lonelyreverance: Thank you, and nope you were wrong, though shelter is the title of chapter five... Well, since Fenrir is Remus' Sire and since Remus more or less adopted Harry, Harry is a bit like Fenrir's cub...

to Perona: I'm glad you think so about Harry since writing him like this is new teritory for me... Thank you!

to Vampirezdarkgurl: Thank you! I'll try to...

to Ivy: Yay, cookie! Thank you, I'm glad you like it so much. I thought it was about time to give you some information, but on the other hand I didn't want to give it all at once and bore you... I like Dobby as well, even though he can be a bit annoying...

to yaoihentaiqueen: I really didn't mean to make everyone feel bad, I was just surprised, you know? That has never happened to me before that the number of reviews decreasedso drastically from one chapter to the next... Thank you. I guess, Harry being an Animagus was fairly obvious to everyone but Fenrir *lol*... Thanks for reviewing!

to Kai: Oh well, seems like you beat your inner swine for once *lol*. Thank you!

to Dairyo: Thank you, I'll do what I can to keep the updates regular and the chapters long... Thank you :-)

to momoko: Thank you!

to qwerty: Well, you were wrong about that one... Yes, I guess, it's in the nature of werewolves to be territorial, and Alphas are undoubtedly worse... thank you!

to Fuzzy: Hey! No stealing! *slaps hand* I would have given you a cookie, if you had asked nicely! Thank you! *grin*

to sollerine: Thank you... I guess you'll have to read on to find out *lol*... My theory is that the shields around the cells are only very weak as the guards don't expect prisoners to be able to wield enough magic to perform even a simple Alohomora...

to sp: Thanks for reviewing!

to Malicoy: I don't know if you got my email, but I hope so. Thank you.

to berkie88: I wondered about that, too, for a while and I had to rewrite huge parts of the story to manage, but by now I like the ending, though I guess I should practise hiding under tables and ducking behind chairs *laugh*... Harry was accused of murdering his relatives, as this chapter revealed... The story starts at the end of Harry's sixth year and is by now in what would have been Harry's seventh year...

to foxtrots: Thank you. I only recently started to like this story, but now I have to agree with you. Fenrir and Harry make for a good couple...

to Demonic Darkness: Thank you!

to Lina: *pout* Well, I'm glad you finally decided to click on my story, though I have to tell you that is is short. There will only be one more chapter... Thank you.

to Wren Piper: Thank you! And thank you for reviewing despite moving. I know how stressful that can be... Remus hiding something or having some sinister motive for calling Harry "cub"? No, I don't think so. Remus calls him "cub" because Harry is like a son to him, but since Fenrir is an Alpha he is kind of a father to all of his pack members since he's responsible for them and tries to take care of them, but for him "cub" also marks their status towards him: They are his to protect, to take care of, and to do with as he pleases and so the fact that Remus also calls Harry "cub" is like trespassing on his territory... Harry was underage when he was thrown into Azkaban, which is why he was in solitary confinement and why Fenrir didn't see him other than on the fullmoons. But he turned seventeen, and thus he was in the showers with the other prisoners... Here's your cookie, and there were several problems, but the most annoying and persistent one is that my beta often doesn't get my emails *sigh* *grumble*

Basic Needs - Chapter 4: Human Contact and Chapter 5: Shelter

to Amiyom: Thank you for your review... Though, this story ends before you get the answer to your questions, sorry...

to Lina: I'm glad you like the story despite of it only being written from Fenrir's POV. Thank you, I hope you'll like this chapter...

to Varjo: Thank you. *laugh* I see you have it all thought out, so you won't be too disappointed that I end this story here...

to Rokkis: Thank you, I'm glad you liked the explanation. And here's the snuggling and kissing and some more for you...

to A kira: Thank you *lol*. I get the feeling that you really like the story...

to qwerty: Thank you, I'm glad you liked the little background information. I hope you like this chapter...

to Dairyo: Thank you. I'd wholeheartedly agree with you, as well *grin*...

to kunitsu: Thank you. I'm glad you like the story and their relationship...

to momoko: Good review! *grins*

to kati-chan: Thank you. I thought I needed to explain Fenrir's reputation, and that it was only fair since Harry's situation and history was explained as well...

to Lady Bipolar: Well, I hope this chapter will make you forget me a second time... Thank you. And some of your questions will be answered in this chapter...

to applesauce_N_soysauce: Thanks, also for the explanation. I always like to learn more and new words...

to Vex: Thank you. And no, not really. I was just alluding to the fate of the Longbottoms who forgot everything they knew and were because of torture...

to Rachel: Thank you. I'm glad you like my stories...

to MoonSpotted: Thank you for that long review! Actually, I get ideas all the time, some good, some bad, which can be rather annoying at times, since I always have a hard time deciding which idea to use next... So, yes, I put effort in this story *laugh*... Anyway, I'm glad you like my characterisations, and my not so submissive Harry as writing him like this was new for me...

to kunitsu: Thank you. I'm glad you liked the ending. But are you sure they really managed to escape? *grin* Just kidding...

to Lina: Thank you. I certainly hope that my stories inspire other to write, as I also get inspired by other writers... I might write a sequel, but I have to think about it for a while before I decide...

to qwerty: Rather, yes. I could, but that would turn into a rather long epilogue (and I guess, you wouldn't be averse to that idea *grin*). So no, I think you will have to contend yourself withthese five chapters... Sorry.

to bored137654: Thank you! *laugh* I'm glad I didn't disappoint you.

to yaoihentaiqueen: Thanks. I'm glad you understood why I ended it there.

to A kira: Thank you. I'm glad you liked the story. And of cout I didn't forget Travers, that would be just cruel. I hope the plot bunny doesn't have a contagnious disease *lol*...

to Tina109: Thank you!

to LunaFlores: Thanks for reviewing. I'm not sure if I'll be making a sequel, but it's good that I'd have at least one reader for it. *lol*

to Bones: Thank you. I'm glad you thought it well written, though my beta deserves much of the credit...

to kati-chan: Thank you. I'm glad you like the ending. And thank you as well for reading and reviewing Care Less. So much praise for one short story is very flattering *grin*.

to Rokkis:*lol* Thank you. I'm considering, but right now, I'm still undecided. Thank you, you too!

to Mr.Galion: Thank you. At least one person believes that I did well to end it there. *grin*

to Mai: Thank you. But I can, and I did. The rest is up to your own imagination...

to LiT: Well, I'm glad you did, but I did mean the end of the story and not only of the chapter. Though, I promise, that if you should wish to read more from me, you'll have the chance in a little while...

to morganabythesea: Yes, this is the end of the story, sorry. I even rewrote it because I wanted it to end exactly like this, in Azkaban, with all the opportunities open for your imagination... But if I ever do write a sequel, I promise to let you know...

Basic Wants - Chapter 47: The Next Great Adventure

unneeded: Reposting? good oh.

Erm, no. I made the mistake of adding the new chapter for Basic Wants to Basic Needs instead. That's why it was suddenly at the top again. Sorry about that.

why would we be mad at you for this one... we all got the feeling it was coming. At least it was dignified and he had his pack around him at the end.

As for Harry... damn he needs a virtual smack upside the head.

Not every damn thing is his fault.

So Lin is going then? Great, I hope she finds someone compatable.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm not sure smacking would do the trick... Though, it does seem that you're not overly fond of Lin...

I had a though or two on the eating disorder thing... space food (if they couold get it) oor doing something fun with eating to help him disassosiate from the bad. Maybe something that melts in your mouth so that he doesn't actively have to swallow. Alternately, mind healing (though Harry would soooooooo be not into that. :P)Just some thoughts n the side. ^^

I like the idea of playing with food :). Maybe it would distract Harry from the actual eating... I'll see what I can do about that... Thank you for your reviews!

Althydia: Oh, I feel so sorry for Maya, Fenrir and the rest of the pack! Also because Bryan couldn't meet the baby before he died. It's always difficult to write about death because I think it's a very personal and intimate experience so each character might react differently to it, but I thought you wrote Bryan's death and its consequences on the pack, particularly Fenrir, beautifully. Fenrir's emotions and reasoning, Harry's conflicted feelings, the pack's communion in mourning... everything was very nicely done. And such a perfect ending too!

In a way, Michael's birth will echo Bryan's death and sound even more like a new beginning. It could also be a new beginning for Chetan and Tristan? (but maybe that's going too fast?)

Also, the little glimpse of Harry's visit to the castle at the beginning was nice, even though it was not detailed, and Harry's new friendship with Emily too, not least because it shows him that no relationship is perfect but what counts is that you both make it work. Plus, it's nice to have another - positive - female character once in a while in this predominantly male world! ;)

I can't wait to see the birth of little Michael, although I'm slightly wary because of your review reply... Harry and the baby will be okay, right? Hopefully, after a sad chapter the next one will be full of hope and happiness...

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter despite it being so sad. Michael's birth will definitely be a new beginning, also for Tristan and Chetan, though evidently they won't be the focus of the story...

I know! The percentage of women is really low in this story and somehow most female characters aren't exactly positive. Plus, I thought that Harry needed someone outside of the pack and outside of the Dark Order to confide in....

Hm, there will be hope and happiness, but I'm afraid there'll also be despair and drama...

dominique: you made me cry loved it

Thank you! Glad you liked the chapter...

mrequecky: Loved ;D

Short and to the point. Thank you :)

Basic Wants - Chapter 48: Awareness

unneeded: *rushes off to brush teeth.

Gaaaah, that was so sweet and family, I'm getting tooth decay. I'm glad, we needed a bit of a boost after the funeral.

Still, I'm glad Voldi is more set on governing than ruling now. The British magical community has been pretty much smashed and it's going to take a while to get going again. (voldi's comment on Harry's power made me lol... Darkness = boring. light = tasty. :P )

Michael is so cute and tuff, the first (and possibly last) of his kind and Fen's naming of him was adorable. So what will Harry do with himself now? Will he just be busy being a parent? It'd be nice if he could catch a little break, especially with the hooha after Mick's birth.

Lol, well, next time I'll remember to add a caries-warning... I'm glad you liked Voldie in this chapter. I think he's adjusting pretty well to being the Minister of Magic rather than a Dark Lord... Hm, you'll have to read on to find out, but for now there won't be any boredom...

Althydia: What a sweet chapter! It was definitely worth the wait and it'll make up for any waiting to come too. I expected the birth itself to be more detailed but I like how you showed it instead and focused more on the aftermath. Poor Harry had to wait quite a long time to meet his son, though, and I sympathised with him when Fenrir described his experiences of their son on the full moon to him and he couldn't be there to see it. I hope Harry will enjoy the next full moon with his son and Fenrir as a family. Also, Michael seems more advanced (in growth) as a werewolf than as a human (being able to already walk, 'talk', etc.) - is it normal? He does look very cute and he's probably going to be spoilt rotten by the rest of the clan. Hopefully Harry will be able to regulate that if he doesn't want his son to end up like Dudley... And I noticed that even though Fenrir was not interested in naming his son because he was going to call him 'cub', he uses Michael's name a lot. And he's obviously over the moon about being a father. :) I hope Harry won't let his insecurities get the best of him, though, and that he'll become more confident about being a dad as time goes by and with more practice. And maybe he'll mellow out a bit with the influence of his son - although he had good reasons to be grouchy here, after waking up without his son, Fenrir, and his magic. I was a bit scared Voldemort wouldn't give the latter back completely too. He did, right?

I was also a little surprised that none of Michael's godfathers are werewolves. Is that because he'll be living surrounded by werewolves already? But technically the godfather/godmother is supposed to be the surrogate parent of the child if both his parents die, and I can't really see either David or Draco doing that... But at least the news had David attempting a real smile. By the way, are Draco's family troubles going to be important? Is it because his parents want him to get married and have an heir, or something like that?

I can't remember how Ron died, but I understand why Harry wouldn't want to reopen old wounds by rekindling old friendships, particularly after the more recent trauma concerning Hermione. Now that he's an adult with his own family he can also move on from the past and create new friendships (as he's already started to do). He'll still keep important and more positive links to his past with his godfathers too (who weren't very present in this chapter unfortunately).

I don't know when you expect to finish this story, but I hope that we'll get to see more of Harry and Fenrir's new life with their son, and how they cope with their new roles as fathers. There are still things that could be covered, like Michael's magical education (could be a sore spot for Fenrir), etc. I'm just not ready to let go of your story and characters yet. :) Oh and by the way, will Harry and Fenrir need to use contraception now or was Harry's pregnancy a one time deal?

Anyway, thanks for the awesome chapter, and good luck for your exams!

I didn't really feel confident going into detail about the actual birth, to be honest, but I'm glad you liked the story nonetheless... Well I figured since wolf pregnancies last about two months, Michael's wolf form had had much additional time to develop while he was still in Harry's stomach and thus he's already rather advanced... Well, Chetan turned out all right, didn't he? And he was raised mostly by the pack, so I think Michael will be fine as well... For Fenrir all of his pack members are his cubs and so is Michael. I think it was just important for him that no one else (e.g. Harry's godfathers) would get in the way this time and steal his role from him... Uh... Yep, Voldemort gave everything back - he gave Harry his word after all.

The pack is already Michael's family, that's why I didn't choose any of them as Michael's godfathers. I think naming David Michael's godfather was Harry's way of showing him that he was part of their family, too, and of giving him a new purpose. And maybe there're different traditions, but in my family you choose a couple as a child godparents. In any case, if both Harry and Fenrir should die, I'm sure Michael will have a lot of people to look after him... Draco's family troubles, no, I don't think they'll be important...

Ron was killed by Voldemort after his imprisonment. I'm glad you understand Harry's reasoning for not wanting to go back to the way things were before...

Well, there will be three to five more chapters I think and you'll see a bit more about their new family life, but all in all we're coming closer to the end. I hope I'll be able to answer all of your questions before that.... Thank you!

dragonstar01: LOVED IT!! I'm so excited to see what happens with baby Michael :D

Thank you! I hope you'll like the next chapter...

qwerty: YES! The baby is finally here! Can't wait to see what happens next! Poor Harry will probably be overwhelmed but hopefully the pack will step up too! Great chapter!

About time, right? Wait and see... Thank you!

Lami: I want to give David a hug. I have had this urge since you first introduced him in the last story. Just thought you should know. :)

I'm not sure he would take that too well, but I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you!

Genevieve: I've spent the last two days reading this and Basic Needs, and I have to tell you that I'm completely in love with your story. It's very well rounded and I love the fact that there's an actual plot in here. I also love the relationships in this story, they feel very natural (Harry and Voldemort, Harry and David, etc). =]

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far and that you like the character interactions!

Unintentionally Yours

Storm: Great story, I really liked the fact that so many of the Deatheaters would cheerfully hex bits of the dark lord into oblivion if he hurt Harry. It was very good though it did seem a little rushed at the end but all in all a very interesting read. Good job!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I'm always a bit uncertain about how to end my stories, so it might well be that it seemed a little rushed...

Tiff J: I would simply like to say that English may not be your first language, but you use it wonderfully. You have really drawn me into your stories. I love this one and Care Less. They are two of my favorite Fanfiction stories of all times. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you, I'm flattered. I'm glad you enjoyed my stories and my writing...

Basic Needs

jennipea: You know, I really, truly wanted to like this story. It's a pairing that is rarely done, and even more rarely done well. Your development of Fenrir is quite solid (especially given that JK Rowling doesn't tell us much about him, so he's kind of a blank canvas for fanfic writers.) I loved your explanation for how he gained a reputation for attacking children. I didn't read all of your previous reviews, but from what I can tell, they're generally glowing and positive. However, I think that, in a community of amateur writers, there is much to be said for a bit of constructive criticism injected amongst a solid wall of unwavering praise. I must admit that, while I found your Fenrir nuanced and endearing, despite his rough approach to affection, your Harry just left me sort of confused. It's a fanfiction writer's prerogative to take a few liberties with established characteristics of canon personae, but I felt that your Harry was so far out of character that I would have appreciated a warning, beforehand, so that I wouldn't be picking apart all your changes to his basic characterization. I found that your Harry was really emotionally all over the place in a way that didn't seem appropriate at times. I think, given the few hints presented, that you had a reason for this, but after making my way through 5 chapters of the prequel and 9 chapters of the sequel without any explanation for his frequent bouts of bitch-fitting, I became disheartened and couldn't bring myself to go any further. In canon, Harry is impulsive, but he's not bipolar, so his frequent gear changes were disorienting and didn't ring true to character. I understand that there are quite a lot of readers who sort of thrive on angst and drama for angst-and-drama's sake, but the rest of your writing is sophisticated enough that I don't feel that you really needed to go there. You've demonstrated that you're totally capable of creating drama within the context of the storyline, without resorting to making Harry have temper tantrums. One moment he'd be pitching a fit because Fenrir was being an overbearing ass, and in the next paragraph, Harry's spreading his legs and giving Fen a "come hither" look. I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish, with that. Then there's the whole thing with Harry going vegetarian. I understand that somewhere along the way, before your stories began, Harry became a pacifist of sorts, but I don't think you really needed to give him an out-of-the-blue aversion to meat, when he never had a problem eating it, before. Unless there was a specific incident that turned him off to eating meat, it doesn't really make much sense. I kind of wish you had explained that early on in the story, since it became such a point of contention on many occasions throughout the story. Now, it could be that all of these are things that, in your head and/or your initial story outline, made perfect sense and have reasonable explanations, but they didn't quite come through in the end product. I suppose I could make up reasons for them on my own, but then I'd never know if that's what you truly meant to convey, or not.

I really hope that you take my comments in the spirit in which they were intended, and not as someone crapping all over your story, because that's not what I'm trying to do. I think you have a lot of talent as a writer, and even though it's been a while since you posted anything new, here, I hope that you will return with a new story in the HP fandom, eventually. I will definitely be on the lookout

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to review. I'm glad you liked Fenrir and I'm sorry Harry confused you. I'm sure you have your reasons for that, good reasons even, and I don't feel like argiung about that right now. I thought I had put up a warning about OOCness, at least for the sequel, but if I didn't I apologise. Harry wasn't intended to be OOC, but I guess even in canon how you see a character depends to a large degree on your personal interpreation. Harry's attitude has its reasons, one of which is revealed in chapter 15. I guess you didn't get this far, so you can't tell me if it made sense or not :)...

I don't believe that all vegetarians went through a traumatic or enlightening experience with meat and then decided to not eat it anymore, so why should Harry? There's no deeper reason behind it, and I don't think there has to be. I admit that maybe I didn't explain everything as well as I should have, but then again, some of the things are explained later in the story and if you don't feel like reading the story from the beginning to the end (which is your good right) there's not much I can do about that, is there?

While I thank you for saying that I have talent, I don't really see on what your judgment is based. You didn't like Basic Needs and Basic Wants because Harry was OOC. In my opinion, those are two of my stories where Harry is the least out of character, so it stands to reason that you didn't like any of my other stories... I'm just a little confused, but I guess that's only fair, seeing as my stories left you in so much confusion ;)

Edited by Dinkel

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.