Click Here!

HP Crossover Paradise

Girlycard666

*look of intense concentration, creepy stare*

So, you like Crossovers, huh. Well, let's here 'em. I want gritty details, your woes, your passions, and your story names or wish-lists. I would have thought that this section of this forum would be jam packed with topics. This makes me sad. Discuss. They don't even have to be AFF specific. Though, as the topic subtext suggestion, no Twilight crossover discussion. No offense to Twilight fans, but I can't stand that movie/book and it genuinely ruins my enjoyment of a discussion when it's brought up. Everything else is fair game.

So far, Harry Potter is my base 'crack' for crossovers. I just can't seem to write one without Harry being the main center of it all. I think it's because there are just so many different options and possibilities involved. The HP world is so vast and so established, it gives a very solid foundation for expansion and tie-ins. Character depth and personality also can't be denied, if you're writing a crossover without it being AU.

Some crossovers that I have written, am writing, or took a crack at but failed, have involved:

Lord of the Rings

Lost Boys

Hellsing

Supernatural

X-Men

Charlie Bone

Dark Tower (Stephen King)

Dresden Files

Air Gear

Warcraft

Dead Like Me

Chronicles of Riddick/Pitch Black

Of that long list, only three or four are actually posted, with two or three being hiatus'ed to death in my Documents. The ones that are posted are on fanfiction.net under Black-Raven3, though two may be getting moved here once they progress further.

I'd really love to hear some other peoples crossover ideas, and give others a chance to advertise their Harry Potter based crossover work, or just generally discuss Harry Potter crossovers. What makes you so interested in crossing fandoms with Harry Potter? What points do you always go for in such crossovers (For example, I can't write a crossover without there being slash, Harry being an animagus, and character development)? Do you prefer your crossovers to be epic in length, or simple drabbles or one-shots?

Let me hear your thoughts!

• 4 weeks later...

The only real HP crossover I've considered is with Buffy The Vampire Slayer and that was merely because i realised that Willow was the same age as Ginny and also a redhead so I wanted to pair her up with Harry. There's a challenge to that effect in The HP Requests forum, because I had no idea how to begin plotting such a story. (Really the only time Harry's going to end up in Sunnydale is post books. Which is early BTVS pre-witching Willow. By the time she's a badass witch she's also a lesbian which kinda takes the shine off the fic.

• 7 years later...

I have written two Hermione one-shots of Hermione with King Jareth and The 10th Doctor. I am starting one which will involve Narnia, Labyrinth, Once Upon A Time because I am fascinated with the idea of Rumpelmione.

Other possibilities are Willow, Pirates, and the Belgariad which are my favourite worlds.

Accordance-of-the-Sylvan-Weald.jpg.b44800062902d2c71ad777102e1a7f2b.jpg

Though it will be mainly the Potter cast there will be envoys from other worlds.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.