Click Here!

Can't go to any archive besides anime

Before I mention my problem I want to apologize in advance if there was another thread about this and I missed it. I saw one on page 7 and did what it said there but still didn't work.

So my problem is this, I open the site, go to -> Naruto Archive -> Author Panel -> Log In

After doing that I should be able to see my story but I don't, I can't go from my author panel to any other archive besides Anime. Am I doing something wrong? I've been looking for answer for about an hour now and nothing, and it's very late so I might've just missed it.

Read this FAQ about the jump menu. The jump menu is present both in your profile which displays publicly, and the author panel.

The archive defaults to anime for loading, so if you're looking to add content, you need to make sure you're in the proper subdomain, or you won't see the menus for it.

I actually did that and it's not working, that why I even started a thread, must be my 3rd thread ever created on any forum.

I tried all possible options, and still nothing. It shows that I have 0 stories. Well, since I still can't find the solution means that there's one more that I'm missing.

Let me write what I understood from what you said and the link you posted.

My story is in Naruto - Naruto - General

So I open the main page, click on Naruto from Anime/Manga Archives, then I go to Naruto ( FanFiction about Naruto ), click on General and then I go to Author Panel. Shouldn't I be able to see my story?

I did that before and it's still not working. It just stopped working after I reinstalled my browser, before that I had no problems. The weird thing is that I tried 2 others as well and still nothing. I select Naruto then click and Go, and it stays on Anime. So weird...

And it's not just that. When I click on Edit Profile it looks like I just registered, no avatar selected, no text written, nothing besides penname, password and email.

Edited by CreepingDeath

I might have a sneaking suspicion as to what this is... which browser are you using? If it's Firefox then make sure you let AFf through some of the plug-ins. I've had this problem in the past with it blocking some things until i let it through plug-ins i had.

I usually log in from Opera but I tried FF and IE too and it's the same. If I check my profile from the Author Panel I see this, and if I check my profile from the story, I see this. And I don't remember installing any plug-ins myself.

If everything else fails I might have to format the HDD and reinstall Windows.  :lol:

To me, it sounds like something, somewhere, is blocking some of the scripting. Could it be your anti-virus/Firewall? Have you tried checking the settings on those? Will let DG handle this from here on out cause you're beyond my skills with this :lol:

You need to check your browser and make sure that scripting is enabled. The menuing is done with javascript, and if you have scripting blocked or turned off, it won't work.

The alternative to the jump menu is to simply use the main menu, navigate to the subdomain you want to publish in, and THEN go in to your author panel.

Something else that comes to mind after looking at that jpg, if you're in the subdomain you uploaded in, and the story doesn't show, it's most likely hidden.

Tried, tried and I don't think the story is hidden because it still appears in the Naruto-Naruto-General subdomain. I also didn't receive any emails from AFF regarding the story.

Thank you for all your help, it seems that formatting is the only solution left at this moment. I don't have time now but I'll be able to this week-end, so I'll get back to you if it works, and if not, I have no idea what I'll do. 

That's when I noticed, since I use Opera ( the one I reinstalled ) to log in here. So it could be before that anyway, and I didn't notice, since I was busy and haven't posted a chapter in a while. And I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer and it was the same thing. Then I went and tried to log in from a laptop and I couldn't go anywhere besides Animes, ( again ), and that kind of puzzled me. I guess that I should try one more computer...

• 1 month later...

Before you do that, find me in IM and I'll see if we can't get this sorted for you.

YIM - demongoddess2000@yahoo.com in the blurb where you intro, pls put tech support

AIM - demongoddess061

MSN seawitch@sealordsvf.org

googletalk - seawitch061@gmail.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.