Click Here!

Ouran Kokou Host Bu -- Ouran High School Host Club

Guest arichang

Guest arichang

I can't believe there isn't a topic for this one.

We're talking total bishie-ness and... ay. nevermind.

I'm also surprised there aren't too many fics for this anime/manga, either. Ahh well... it's still relatively new, I suppose.

Among the Host Bu members... who's the hottest?

As far as I'm concerned it's Kyouya-sama. *dies* seriously... everytime I see him, hear him... I turn into an embarrassing puddle of fan-girly mush with a side of squeals and deranged crazy stalker-ness. why are all the evil boys so freaking hot? Seriously? And his voice actor... is frigging hot. as in, the voice. not too sure about the actual person, though. Anyway... he's just...

perfect.

kyouya-sama. *goes off into own little world for a bit*

moving on.

... Hikaru isn't too bad either, actually. When he's jealous. I like jealousy.

Has anyone read the manga?

(If so... i am dying to find a scanlation somewhere... so far only four volumes are out... and it's killing me. i know it's licensed... but really... a friend of mine has read up to eight fucking volumes in chinese (scanlation). i can't read chinese god dammit.)

Personally, I like the anime better than the manga. it's more amusing... and I prefer the art better. they all look better in tha anime--ESPECIALLY Haruhi--and the excellent casting is a big plus (AND you have to love the soundtrack too). about the only thing i dislike about the anime is the repeated appearances of Renge.

Seriously... she needs to die.

She makes me embarrassed to be a fan-girl.

Let's talk about the anime. Ne? XD

arichang, Ouran is basically a parody so if you as a fangirl feel offended by Renge... then the writer has hit the mark. Renge IS meant to mock fangirls tongue.gif

I [a guy here, who is not normally into shojo anime] watched Ouran because my sister bullied me into it blink.gif and what do you know, I'm following it up to ep17. It's seriously funny.

And disturbing blink.gif

A club of man-whores blink.gif

Guest arichang

yes. i understand that whole.. Renge mocking us fan-girls thing... i do. I do.

It's just that... in the anime...

she's over done. over-cooked.. over-used.. just... OVER.

she appeared once in the manga, played her part, made us laugh... AND THEN... returned to France where she freaking belonged.

... she did not come back, on a regular basis, on a special high-powered motor that appeared out of no where... every where.

sure. continue making fun of us who go all moe-moe over Mori-sempai and Hunny-sempai........... I completely understand. Hell, I make fun of us too. We're stupid and silly that way...

but I don't use high-powered motors... and I don't laugh in that annoying "Ho! Ho! Ho!" ..... useless attempt of an evil laugh.

yeah. i don't like her very much.

i don't really know why. I guess she just annoys me.

Ouran is hilarious. yes.... but unfortunately, not all of the episodes are. some of them are a bit..... I don't know. too weird, I guess.

personally, I found the first episode the funniest. Especially watching it the second time round when you realize what in the freaking hell those light bulbs are. or maybe that episode where the club visits Haruhi at home..... (episode 10) ... *nods*... OR! maybe.. to a certain extent.. episode 14--the one with the newspaper club.

eek. i ranted. gomen. ^////^;

Guest Weaver

OHC is an unintentional yaoi in the making in my mind. XD

Kyouya/Tamaki - Mom and dad. 'Nuff said.

Hikaru/Kaoru - *twincest fans swooning in the background*

Mori/Hunny - This is like, shota. o.o;

Guest arichang
Btw, Lunar has not progressed after ep17... Any other sub groups working on Ouran?

Lunar finally coughed up ep 18 today.

I'm not sure why they've suddenly slowed down, though.

a group called FRoP (For Richer or for Poorer, I think) is doing them.. and right now they're at ep 20 (and quite funnily started at ep 18). video quality varies... ep 19, for example, wasn't too good... but ep 18 was decent. i don't adore the way they do their subs... but it's watchable.

ep 20 was a good episode. it focused on the twins. XD

however... hikaru seems really, really, really immature after watching that episode, in my opinion... and kaoru... is overly so.

ah well.

Guest Weaver
In terms of het fanfics, Ouran doesn't seem to have much potential... Only 2 girls there: Haruhi & Renge sad.gif

And Haruhi's pretty much paired with everyone, right?

Haruhi's paired up with the majority of the cast except for Kaoru and Hunny. If she was with both Hikaru, when she's with Kaoru, it would be plausible. A person isn't breaking the twins and you get to add in a threesome. Awesome. ^-^ Hunny...I guess you could do some sort of food fetish. Just cover Haruhi with cake and frosting, and Hunny will be at her in no time. happy.gif;

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CreepingKate

I've heard of this title, but I'm not sure what it's about. It sounds like a "slice of life" thingie. Am I right? I don't live in a big metro market, so I'm not "in the loop" for anime and basically have to wait on the pleasure of Adult Swim to see anything new.

Guest Serenanna

::points at manga:: Manga is your friends. If you can order from amazon, borders, walden, or any book chain, you can get manga.

Host Club is about a ordinary brilliant girl, Haruhi, who goes to a huge super-rich highschool on a scholarship. While there, she becomes indebted to a club of six boys who pretty much entertain the girls of the school . . . but they originally mistake her for a boy too. After much hilarity, and reveal of her gender, she stays on as another host in the club to pay off her debt and pretends to be a boy to the rest of the school . . .

And that's just the first episode.

From there, the series is one misadventure after another. The anime follows the manga pretty closely, but there's a few exceptiond. Tamaki and Haruhi's relationship in the manga seems to be more prominant than the other pairings, episode 17 of the anime to be specific. I won't say any more to spoil it, but . . . ::resists the urge to glomp Tamaki::

Oh, and did I mention it's done by Bones, the same anime studio that did FMA?

Sere

Guest arichang
Hunny...I guess you could do some sort of food fetish. Just cover Haruhi with cake and frosting, and Hunny will be at her in no time.

*shivers*... that's actually quite a scary thought.

it seems Serenanna has said everything that needs to be said. Just wanted to add one little thing--everyone in the club did mistake Haruhi for a boy... except Kyouya-sama. He knew from the very beginning. Because he's smart.

And perfect.

I'm sorry. I can't help it if I'm obsessed with him.

By the way, is it Slife of Life? It doesn't really feel that way to me... then again, Hana Yori Dango was considered Slice of Life, wasn't it? hmm... It's more... shoujo comedy romance with tons of bishie goodness. After all, it's a club of, well, male geishas. XD

Guest CreepingKate
*shivers*... that's actually quite a scary thought.

it? hmm... It's more... shoujo comedy romance with tons of bishie goodness. After all, it's a club of, well, male geishas. XD

Ohhkaayyy. Male geisha. So that's the explanation of "entertain" tongue.gif In that case, I want a few male geishas of my own. Where do I apply for some? Can I trade my naughty points for one? laugh.gif

I just watched the first eps last night, and so far, it seems okay.

I thought they'd drag out the "Damn! you're a Girl!" thing for the entire series, so it was kind of strange that they found out right off the bat, so I'll check the rest of it out while I'm waiting for my daughter to burn the rest of One Piece. I didn't get the light-bulb thingy until it was explained to me. That guy blushed really really hard. I don't think I've seen a guy drawn like that before. Does Static Subs do high-school oriented stuff? Last thing I saw from them was orohime. I'm kind of curious about Utawareru Mono.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Heliosphere

Actually, Kyouya probably realized that Haruhi was a girl... because he makes it his business to know at least basic info on everyone in the school. He realized straight away that a "guy" who was dressed in "lower class clothing" would be the only person on campus who got in on a scholarship... And gee, who was that again?

What really gets me is the poses. Y'know, when they summon roses of various coloring from out of nowhere to frame the screen while shoujo bubbles decorate the backdrop of one or more bishounen posing at odd angles? I used to draw poses like that, and I thought they were horrible for twisting the human body in ways that it was not meant to bend... and yet here we have the exact same thing in Ouran Hosutobu.

What I think is really funny is how you don't find out about what Tamaki's parents do until you're past the halfway point of the series. XD;

Personally, I find the Twins to be the best. I'm not gay, but incest has been a part of my fantasies for a while, and I really identify with their act. As a result, I support Hikaru/Haruhi pairings... although a three-way doesn't sound too bad. It'd be interesting to see twin dynamics in action with a girl who is simply not affected by their twincest act.

• 1 month later...

kjdfhgskjdfhg oer I can't believe I missed this topic. :||||||

I really hate how the anime twisted everything at the end because they can't afford it anymore. dkjfghkjsfhguhrg

BUT--

There are a TON of Ouran fics-- depends on where you look for them.

Kyouya is my favourite character. :'))) I adore him so much and I squee everytime I see him.

And regarding to het pairings, Haruhi is paired with everyone-- but I don't personally prefer fanon!Haruhi because she is VERY ooc. Which bugs the hell out of me. And there are some pairings I cannot see involving Haruhi. This is my personal opinion, of course-- Kyouya/Haruhi and Honey/Haruhi.

First. Kyouya/Haruhi won't work, even if the end of the anime is like

. There an ESSAY written for why Kyouya/Haruhi doesn't work for many people.

... And Honey/Haruhi. ....... *snort* I really can't.

This is not meant to offend or anything. ohmy.gif If you are, please tell me you are so.

dkghdgkhsd I ship TamaKyou-- in that order. :') Because Kyouya is seen from my eyes as one of the most uke characters evahr. :x

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.