Click Here!

Unexpected site wide outage for 6/18

DemonGoddess

As many of you experienced, the site had an outage from approximately 6:30 pm (EDT) to 8:07 pm. The cause was a hardware failure at the hosting company. They had to buy a new UPS to replace the faulty one, which was downing everything. As with any kind of hardware replacement, that does take a bit of time, often. Had it been one of the RAID arrays, a simple hot swap would've fixed it. As it was something else entirely, it created a longer down time than the hosting company wanted to have.

As always, when such a thing occurs here, I do monitor the hosting company's page for progress, and post those updates to my LiveJournal.

• 1 month later...
As many of you experienced, the site had an outage from approximately 6:30 pm (EDT) to 8:07 pm. The cause was a hardware failure at the hosting company. They had to buy a new UPS to replace the faulty one, which was downing everything. As with any kind of hardware replacement, that does take a bit of time, often. Had it been one of the RAID arrays, a simple hot swap would've fixed it. As it was something else entirely, it created a longer down time than the hosting company wanted to have.

As always, when such a thing occurs here, I do monitor the hosting company's page for progress, and post those updates to my LiveJournal.

*hugs*