Click Here!

Pulling The Hp Dvds

NightScribe

I read a blurb in the paper last week that Warner Bros. is going to pull the first 3 HP DVDs from the shelves by the end of the year and GoF by Feb of next year. Huh?

If this is true, they are either 1) incredibly stupid, or 2) incredibly greedy.

Are they...pulling a Disney? You know, "available for a limited time only, then it goes back in the vault for 20 years. Get your copy now!"

Or are they pulling a George Lucas, releasing a new version to make more money. "More stuff, better than ever! Includes cool holographic packaging, a booklet, lame commentary by Gene Shalit and Leonard Maltin, and one of three Death Eater Pez dispensers (Voldemort, Lucius or Snape)!"

Come on. With each book and film release, people get into this story. If they want to go back to the beginning as new fans, they should be able to buy the flicks. Am I wrong?

Guest Madapple
If this is true, they are either 1) incredibly stupid, or 2) incredibly greedy.

I think it's both, but then I've found most of WB's marketing strategy with the HP series, underplanned, undermanned and inadequate. If they would market to the whole audience, not just the under 10 crowd, they would have an even bigger winner. They have just failed to recognize that there is this massive Harry Potter subculture and we want stuff. (lol- as if I need more crap in my house.)

I admit though that I feel a bit spoiled by the LotR extended cuts and would like to see them release extended cuts of the HP films.

I know, because we have seen the pictures all over the HP fan sites, that they cut away so much material, and charming details, the reason why we love the stories, from the theatrical versions of the films. Such details would only make the experience better.

I write WB all the time about this stuff, do they listen?

IMHO, anyone who has sat through four HP movies, is anxiously awaiting movie five (with a countdown clock courtesy of TLC), and has read all the books 10+ times (except Chap. 27 of HBP, I'm still in denial) would really enjoy a half hour, or better yet an hour, of additional material added into the film, rather than as a supplement, we are the fans, afterall.

Anyway, I've already worn out 3 copies of SS and 2 copies of Cos. I better stock up.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.