Click Here!

Willing to Beta

Babisko

I'm new to beta world, but very willing to do so, with a dictionary and thesaurus at my disposal.

I will beta M/M originals, though not N/C stories or ones with descriptive hetero sex. I'm also not fond of Minor, to the point of anyone under the age of 15, necrophilia, or prostitution.

My strengths are spelling and punctuation, I can almost consider myself a perfectionist when it comes to spelling, and I spot it quite easily. I can also help straighten out a 'just not right' sentence, and can give considerably good ideas if the mood strikes. I also seem to spot odd things, like inconsistancies that happen thirty chapters apart.

My weaknesses are mainly tenses. I will not touch those.

I will not write your story for you. I'd prefer you to look over it to make sure that any tweaks that I do make are to your liking, but please, if two men are having sex, please, please, please don't have impossible motions, or at least don't get mad if I mention about changing it to something more... plausible.

I've wrote a few stories that are on AFF, and you can reach me at Fictionluver@yahoo.com

Edited by Babisko

• 3 months later...

Would you beta my story, checking for grammar mistakes, typos, plot problems, and so on? It's an original m/m fiction and I've thought out the characters, but the entire plot of the story is vague to me. More violence is a must though, but so far it's become satire due to my ridiculously thought out characters and society. I have an excel file describing the characters, with a bit of brainstorming thrown in. I need a highly involved plotline. I may also need help with cliffhangers. My chapters never seem to end.

I'm a lot of reading and editing, and completely undependable as far as time is concerned. I have six chapters so far I think, approximately 38 pages in MSWord that I would like for you to scan quickly for spelling and grammar mistakes so that I can re-upload them. I would appreciate your input on how to make the story more actiony in a way that's completely un-related to the slow-moving love story that's already planned out.

There will be het, some of it even kinky het, but it won't be described. It's a high school story, so a boy and a girl will have to make out, and there will be fangirls. I'm assuming when you said "no het" you didn't mean, and there should be no women who have sex with men. I don't want to constrain my creativity, so I can only promise that the serious pairings will be mostly yaoi. There's also an ample bit of gender confusion, but the confusing isn't the confused since there isn't any cross-dressing in this story, except for the skinny jeans that will be added after the "transformation". It's hard to explain, but you'll understand after a minute into reading the story. Just your typical nerd meets perfect guy story, only the guy is ultra perfect, and the nerd is ultra nerdy. The story is unique in it's own way, but maybe it's just a regular idea that's been expanded on. The nerd's a real nerd down to his cold bronze heart, so he's not going to be very sappy.

By the way, you misspelled perfectionist (you spelled it profectionist). Not to be mean, I just thought it was funny and ironic considering the sentence you used it in. I'm just tired of editing the typos in my story, you'll most likely get the ones I miss after the first run or two. The story is past tense, and your ability to spot inconsistencies is absolutely perfect. The excel file is the law, and all must follow it. Also, the main character is much more of a realist than I am so that could be a problem when I'm making up his thoughts and actions. He's an ISTP using the meyers-briggs evaluation thing.

So, would you mind being my beta?

Hi my name is Alexaviera Raven, please feel free to call me Alexa if you wish, I know that I am a decent writer and I just think I need a little help with my stories..

Samples of my writing can be found at: http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296882193

Which is my author page, I primarily want some advice and help with two of my stories,

The Diary Of A Slytherin Prince and Another Chance At Love?? Ordinarily the one I would like help with most is The Diary Of A Slytherin Prince as I have already completed Another Chance At Love??

Another Chance At Love is a crossover story between Harry Potter and The Covenant, the Pairing is Draco/Hermione/Reid

The Diary Of A Slytherin Prince is about Draco's life in seventh year and how he wants revenge on the world for his Father's death at first but then he begins to fall in love with a certain Gryffindor who shows him there is more than hatred in life...

They are both broken due to their families and end up healing each other. Hermione is very occ in it.. It's a twisted love story..

I've never had a beta reader work with me on any project and so I don't know exactly what it would entail.. Please forgive me for when I write I just write, I tend to it seems write the way I think and sometimes it gets confusing.

I am normally very good with spelling and I thought I was also with the grammar but I suppose that I have much to still learn as I try to perfect my craft as a writer.

Any help would be welcome even if it is to tell me exactly what I did wrong,all help is appreciated..

I would thank anyone graciously who can help me breathe my thoughts and ideas into life and help me entertain the world with my fiction..

My stories generally consist of a m/f pairing and time to time a slash pairing.. But the above two mentioned stories contain only the hetero pairings.. I always have a spot of violence of course and

Thank you in advance!!

Blessed Be!! Alexa

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.