Click Here!

Heirloom

CloverReef

Review responses and information regarding the original story 'Heirloom'.
It's finally COMPLETE

Info:
- Character profiles [Haven't been updated for awhile so they may be somewhat inaccurate.]
- Unresolved FAQ [spoiler Alert]
- Extra scene [Takes place 4 months later]

Archived at:
Adultfanfiction.net Original archives
My site "Carnal Escape"
Y!Gallery

Summary: Cain left his extravagant lifestyle behind to go to his grandfather's funeral in small town, New Mexico. It seems Pappy had a lot of secrets and now Cain's inherited a lot more than he bargained for. Anal, M/M

Click here to go to the fic.

Chapter ONE

Erica: Thank you for the review, Erica! There will be more next Monday.

Teania: LOL I spent a lot of time writing and rewriting that summary. I'm glad it worked for someone! And, well, being the attention whore that I am, you made my day happy.gif Thank you so much!

Anise: Hi Anise! I'm glad you liked it so far. I tried to make Pappy's interest weird but not too cheesy. I think the end of this chapter suffered from a little cheese, but it was necessary cheese! Thanks for the review!

Takumi Fujiwara : Will do! And thanks for the review, Takumi.

Spoonring: Weird in a good way, I hope. More will come! Thanks!

JtheChosen1: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, that cousin is definitely one of my fave chars to write in a long time.

Marbles: Hiya, and thanks for the review!

Lisa: Aw, you're a doll. Thank you so much! I hope you continue to enjoy it! As for "Pride", it's on hiatus for the moment for lack of inspiration.

GellyBelly: Thanks man! Diggin the name XD

kirjava01: Ha! Yes, the characters are so much fun to write. Thanks for the review, more will come on Monday!

L.S.: Texas?! Sooo cool! I've never been to the states, but I'm from Alberta, Canada and everyone there is under the delusion that they're Texan anyway. I chose the southern states for a setting because, well, there's something spooky and fascinating about small desert towns to me. I'm glad you're liking it so far!

Sana-chan: Hey you! Great to hear from you again, and I'm glad you like this one more! Thanks for the review!

Chapter TWO

Cassie: I'm so glad! I love a little mystery so I'm happy I managed to throw some in.

Kylie: Ewww a rat! Actually I like rats, but not rat bites, so I stand by my 'ew'. Thank you for the kind review!

Anise: Hehehehe I have a tendency towards threesomes, don't I... Well to be fair, there's another character I'll be throwing in the mix. It's good to see you again too! *hugs!* I figure I've done so many fics where the seme is eagerly chasing the uke, whether his tactics are cruel or not, so I decided to put the proverbial ball in Cain's court for the main pair. But that may take awhile... but of course there's a couple studs waiting on the sidelines to keep it fun, I hope.

GellyBelly: Too hot to trot. He's gotta be hot, this is a slash fic, right?! Actually little imperfections are far more interesting than someone totally hot, but I figure for a guy that's gotten by so long on his looks alone, he'd better have something good. Anyhoo I'm glad you enjoyed it, even if Stiles is creepy!

Always Without Complaint: Wow what a name you have! Yes, I think you hit the Cain nail on the head with 'neurotic, obsessive fool'. I kinda like that description. Stiles has got to be my pride in this one. Its so hard to resist mashing them together and making them rut like rabbits on ecstacy, but then that would make this a PWP and I don't want that! Thanks for the review!

Kyandoru: Thank you!

L.S.: Things always work out for heros... well... almost always! Anyhoo thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Lisa: You are just too sweet! When it comes to johnny, I guess I kinda think of him as Bi in the sense that he'd do anything that walks on two legs, given half a chance. As for Stiles, you're half right. But I won't spoil it for ya, even though I desperately want to! Thank you for the review, you really made my day!

PaipurrbakRighter : Glad you're interested so far! Thanks for the review and the compliments!

JJ: Yay! I hooked you! You're close when it comes to why Stiles is being a veiled jerk, but I won't say how close. As for Johnny being creepy, yes, I totally agree. That's what makes him so much fun! Thanks for the review!

kirjava01 : Yeah I wouldn't be sleeping alone in that basement either. Hell, I can't sleep in my room when there's a moth flying around! Anyhoo glad you're enjoying it! Thanks!

Lady-me: Thank you dear! I'm happy you're enjoying it. More will come on next Monday!

Paputsza: I love them too! Thanks for the review, I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Sana-Chan: I hope you can find this now! You're right, Cain and Oliver do have a few similarities in attitude. Cain's a little more flamboyant and less guarded than Ollie, I think. I think these shameless, unapologetic characters are the most fun to get inside the heads of. Although I'm thinking of making the main char of my next fic naive and innocent... We'll see!

Sana-Chan #2: Judging by my family who lives in Alberta... mostly yes. From what I've seen, a lot are loud and proud rednecks, with exceptions of course. I was Raised in Saskatchewan, but I still consider Alberta my homeland. Not crazy about the people but I looove the land itself. I even went back to live in Banff (<3) for a couple months a few years ago. I would have stayed longer if I could have found work! Okay I'm done rambling now.

Chapter THREE

BijouDuMon: Thank you for the review! Got a whole week to go until I post chapter 4 next monday.

Sana-chan: AHHH! Ohhhh I should totally write a boogyman fic. A pervo BDSM boogyman! Is there any other kind? But... I won't, so I guess we'll just have to pretend it's been written. God I'm sleepy...

Don't worry, I'd never sever my main char into little pieces but I just might torture him a teeny weeny bit. As for the cousin bit... well... the jury's still out on that one!

oo: Aren't all supernatural entities touchy-feely? Well I guess not, but they should be. At least all the ones in my stories are, to some degree! Um... Okay not all, but most! I'm ecstatic that you're enjoying it so far! I love scary stories so it makes me happy that I can make a scary moment too, so thanks!

Andrea: I certainly hope it gets interesting, at least a little bit. Thank you for the review!

turtlewoman69: Yeah I kinda giggled/cackled a little when I wrote that cliffhanger. By 'a little' I mean 'a lot'... Anyhoo glad you like it!

JtheChosen1: Thanks! I was hoping people weren't going to get put off by a little cliff hanger. I'm glad you like it!

always without complaint: Yes I have a naughty little habit of giving major sluts the starring roles, I guess. By habit, I mean this is the... second time. Okay it's not a habit, but it's so fun, it oughta be! After writing so many testesterone-induced attitudes, I guess I really just wanted to feature a char that was shamelessly flamboyant. Anyway, um... I forgot what we were talking about!

Lady-me: Yeeeeeeeeeees! Okay, more will be up next Monday! Thanks!

Mello: LOL Gay-o-licious. I like that. Thanks for the compliment and the review!

JJ: Yay! I tried hard to make that chapter nice and creepy so I'm happy it worked in some areas! I'd love to fill in all those blanks but I don't wanna spoil it, so I hope you continue to enjoy it and find it creepy!

Lisa: Hahaha! That's right, I live for making people fall out of their seats... too bad it doesn't happen as often as I want it too. Ah well, c'est la vie! You just reminded me what I'm lacking in the last two chapters I wrote - Cain doing something incredibly idiotic... And maybe more intense cliffhangers! Those are always fun!

FluffieBunny: Yay creepy! Thanks for the review!

Tranquil: Is it weird that everytime anyone mentions the cliffhanger, I cackle evilly? Oh well, I'll just assume not. Thanks for the review, I hope you continue to enjoy it!

AeryonSun: Wow, thank ya! You're too kind, I'm really glad you like it.

Anise: Thank you! I read your review like two seconds after reading another frustrating manga and you cheered me up. Another uke just forgave the semes for kidnapping, rape, and using him as a sex slave substitute for another man, and the seme did absolutely nothing to deserve forgiveness! I was kinda hoping he'd at least give the seme a hard time about it, but nope. Anyway... Maybe I'm PMSing. LOL because you soooooooo needed to know that (sorry I'm just finally coming down from an uber stressful two months so I'm a little bat-shit crazy at the moment. Great time to be writing review responses!)

*clears throat* Ahem, anyway... Where was I... Oh yeah, the review. Looks like I took a little detour. Hmm. Oh yes, Lawrence. I don't think I'll be ruining anything when I say yes, he is going to have a significant role in this. At least his role was pretty important in my plans, but I have a tendancy to throw things like that out the proverbial window.

I tried soooo hard to make Johnny and Stiles different from Luc and Ailill, and somehow Lawrence weaseled his way in and thwarted my efforts! I'm seeing it too, though, but I'm hoping the many miniscule differences between Evening Wear characters and Heirloom are enough to avoid them being rip-offs. At least I wasn't planning on making Lawrence pork Cain, because in my head, effeminate + effeminate act like two negative sided magnets trying to hump ... But even when I make that comparison, I know I'll probably do it anyway.

Sorry, I'm jumping all over your review instead of addressing things in order like usual. But you're right, I do tend to do the mouthy bottoms as main characters more. The more of an attitude, the easier it is to liven up the narration I guess. It's kinda my crutch. I was thinking of making an innocent, naive character the main of my next fic, but that concept scares the hell out of me! Should I be admitting all this? Well I've probably said a lot of things I shouldn't have said already. Oh! And thanks for pointing up that double 'up'! I'll take an axe to it right away! Oh my god, am I still talking?!

Spex: Yay! Thanks! Flattery will get you everywhere and then some. Anyhoo thanks for the review!

Hi guys! It's my birthday in 2 days (on the 16th)! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Anyhoo, I'm moving on the 1st of July. I may lose the internet for awhile so don't be alarmed if a few updates are missed around that time.

Chapter FOUR

Kylee: Hi! I just finished writing Chapter 7, and had a lot of fun with the end so I'm in a good mood at the moment! Yeah, I didn't want to do a conventional ghost story. I really wanted to do a ghost(s) who had potential to be sexy without being overly corny, so I'm still kinda working on that! I'm glad you're enjoying it, so thanks for letting me know!

BijouDuMon: Stiles is so much fun, but a difficult bugger to write! I am sooooo not used to stoic/angry/misunderstood characters! Wow, I just got majorly distracted by an old INXS video from 87. *clears throat* anyway, thanks for the review!

Karv: Glad you like it! I love the word 'unique'. It makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Osiris-Falls: Hey you! Thank you so much, it means a lot to me. I tend to be my worst critic when it comes to my writing, but the one thing I do pride myself in is my characters. Giving goosebumps is definitely the icing on the cake!

Anise: Yay, I'm not crazy today! Maybe just a lil bit... LOL Your comment about Johnny reminded me of the speedy gonzales commercial with the hippo and the bunny. Maybe he's like a lion. Can run really fast in short bursts... At least I think that's what lions are like. Maybe I'm mixing them up with another animal. As for what he know, I'm still rather ambivalent when it comes to where he stands with it all with 7 finished chapters. If I do something inconsistent on that front, slap me.

And yes. Cain should learn to trust his instincts! But if he did that, the fic would be over... well, no it wouldn't. The spooks would still get to him, because I said so. Hmm... Maybe this disagreeing with myself has something to do with why I keep being blocked by indecisions. I shall ponder on that. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking that it's not just a multiple chapter pretty boy romp! I didn't mention anything supernatural in the summary so I'm still a tad bit worried how people will take it. See you!

oo: I agree, basements are scary! I used to be afraid of mine! But that had a lot to do with my brother who slumbered within. Originally it was going to be some kinda weird genie type creature, but that was just a little too out there, so after awhile I decided on something a little more traditional and ghost-like.

JtheChosen1: Thanks!

Womo: No worries, I deleted the blank review. And LOL! That sounds like reason enough to keep going in the basement! I didn't even think of the STD thing. Yay he can bareback to his heart's content! Thanks for the laugh!

Spex: Yay! Addictions are good! To stories... Thanks for the review!

Lisa: Yay! Hi Lisa! Oh god I want soooo bad to answer those questions, but I'll bite my tongue. Ow! That stud line was my favourite part of the chapter, so you made me giggle a little bit. Thanks for the review, I always love hearing from you!

Sana-chan: I admit, I'm a cliffhanger whore. I try not to do them too often, but they're just too fun! And I love the reactions of frustrated readers! Aha, you're on to Nana!

Sana-chan #2: lol, I mean on the 16th of June. I'll be turning 24. And OMG good idea! I should totally do a bathtub scene!!!!

Leilachan: Wow, you're too kind! I'm glad they're relatable, I try to keep the star of a fic down to Earth and understandable. I get so frustrated with characters that let their love interests walk all over them so I like to avoid doing that. And LOL yes, gotta love a good game of hard to get. I love that you're enjoying my fics and my characters, thank you so much for the kind words!

JJ: Peter's secret is that he worked as a burlesque dancer by night! The key is to his chastity belt! And... Um... I can't think of any inane lies for the mystery Stiles. Oh well, thanks for the review!

PaipurrbakRighter: Thank you! I'm very nervous about my characterisations in chapter 5 and 6. I've gone over them a million times so I hope I worked out the bugs... But yes, we're definitely going to learn more about Stiles in the coming chapters. Receiving such kind words from a marvelous and fascinating author really fuels my inspiration so thank you again.

Aleks: I like all those words, especially the last 'Sexy' one! Thanks, you made me smile!

kuramasgirl : Cool, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

24?????? 24?????? Jesus Christ! I have SOCKS older than you!!!!!!!! :D

But HAVE A WONDERFUL, HAPPY AND PRODUCTIVE (i.e. UPDATING) BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Hi guys! It's my birthday in 2 days (on the 16th)! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Anyhoo, I'm moving on the 1st of July. I may lose the internet for awhile so don't be alarmed if a few updates are missed around that time.

Chapter FOUR

Kylee: Hi! I just finished writing Chapter 7, and had a lot of fun with the end so I'm in a good mood at the moment! Yeah, I didn't want to do a conventional ghost story. I really wanted to do a ghost(s) who had potential to be sexy without being overly corny, so I'm still kinda working on that! I'm glad you're enjoying it, so thanks for letting me know!

BijouDuMon: Stiles is so much fun, but a difficult bugger to write! I am sooooo not used to stoic/angry/misunderstood characters! Wow, I just got majorly distracted by an old INXS video from 87. *clears throat* anyway, thanks for the review!

Karv: Glad you like it! I love the word 'unique'. It makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Osiris-Falls: Hey you! Thank you so much, it means a lot to me. I tend to be my worst critic when it comes to my writing, but the one thing I do pride myself in is my characters. Giving goosebumps is definitely the icing on the cake!

Anise: Yay, I'm not crazy today! Maybe just a lil bit... LOL Your comment about Johnny reminded me of the speedy gonzales commercial with the hippo and the bunny. Maybe he's like a lion. Can run really fast in short bursts... At least I think that's what lions are like. Maybe I'm mixing them up with another animal. As for what he know, I'm still rather ambivalent when it comes to where he stands with it all with 7 finished chapters. If I do something inconsistent on that front, slap me.

And yes. Cain should learn to trust his instincts! But if he did that, the fic would be over... well, no it wouldn't. The spooks would still get to him, because I said so. Hmm... Maybe this disagreeing with myself has something to do with why I keep being blocked by indecisions. I shall ponder on that. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking that it's not just a multiple chapter pretty boy romp! I didn't mention anything supernatural in the summary so I'm still a tad bit worried how people will take it. See you!

oo: I agree, basements are scary! I used to be afraid of mine! But that had a lot to do with my brother who slumbered within. Originally it was going to be some kinda weird genie type creature, but that was just a little too out there, so after awhile I decided on something a little more traditional and ghost-like.

JtheChosen1: Thanks!

Womo: No worries, I deleted the blank review. And LOL! That sounds like reason enough to keep going in the basement! I didn't even think of the STD thing. Yay he can bareback to his heart's content! Thanks for the laugh!

Spex: Yay! Addictions are good! To stories... Thanks for the review!

Lisa: Yay! Hi Lisa! Oh god I want soooo bad to answer those questions, but I'll bite my tongue. Ow! That stud line was my favourite part of the chapter, so you made me giggle a little bit. Thanks for the review, I always love hearing from you!

Sana-chan: I admit, I'm a cliffhanger whore. I try not to do them too often, but they're just too fun! And I love the reactions of frustrated readers! Aha, you're on to Nana!

Sana-chan #2: lol, I mean on the 16th of June. I'll be turning 24. And OMG good idea! I should totally do a bathtub scene!!!!

24?????? 24?????? Jesus Christ! I have SOCKS older than you!!!!!!!! :D

But HAVE A WONDERFUL, HAPPY AND PRODUCTIVE (i.e. UPDATING) BIRTHDAY!!!!!

That's strange. I think I have socks older than me too. Hm. Thank you for the birthday (and productivity) wishes!

I bet the first sexy scene will be Cain and the ghost thingy!!

And omg loved the chapter!

I shuddered and stuck my finger in my mouth in a mock gag. "Eww, I kissed an old man fucker!"

HAHAHAHA!! CAIN!! XD

lol! Glad you liked it! I was worried about this chapter.

Chapter FIVE

oo: Oh good, he made you laugh! That's the most important thing, (that and the creepiness) is that it's entertaining. As for Lawrence, yes he's a bad guy... In Stiles opinion. Whether or not Stiles opinion is their reality, however, is still up for debate. I'm scheming a lot of things! [insert evil cackle here] Thanks for the review!

Vintcient: I'm glad you liked it! The plot is becoming a bitch to hold together, but I'll try my best!! Thanks!

Lisa: It was a happy one! I gots me a cowboy hat to go with my fedora, paperboy hat, and my derby! I like hats... Anyhoo, enough about me, You fell off your stool! Well then, my work here is done. Well, okay, not completely. I still hopefully have a lot more creeping out to do!

My internet is scheduled to be installed a few days after we move. So if all goes well, I should only miss one Monday update for chapter 7. I've got 9 days before I go, so chapter 6 should be on time though. Thanks for your fun review!

Wynja: Thanks! Sometimes I think I don't even understand what's going to happen, but I probably shouldn't be admitting that so readily. I'm going to go pull my hair out some more over the chapter I'm on! I was thinking about getting a short 'do anyway.

Kylee: Maybe! Maybe that's exactly what he means, maybe it isn't! I'm just so elusive! Nana's involvement will be kinda exposed over the next few chapters, I think... Maybe not. Depends on your point of view, I guess. Anyway, thanks for the review!

JJ: Creating mysteries are so much fun, especially when its a mystery in the form of a character like Lawrence. So I'm happy people aren't sure about him yet. Hehehehe Caveman Stiles. I never thought about it that way but yeah, that was pretty primitive of him, wasn't it? I like that word now. Caveman. Thanks JJ!

Spex: Eww! I sooo didn't want to make a hot young man in love with an old dead man, but it just kinda happened that way. Yes Stiles certainly does have his reasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good reasons! I'm glad you like Cain! He's definitely on the top five of fun original chars to write - out of my creations, that is. Anyway, thanks!

Anise: Yep, there sure is more of an explanation. Kinda. Maybe. Am I being cryptic? No? Oh well, I tried. I love how the desert in the southern states looks, so I really wanted to try and convey that in the story once I got an opportunity. I don't think words can do it justice, especially not a paragraph of 'em, but its worth a shot!

Sorry about Lawrence's disappearing act. You're right it is a little weird. I really should put in where he went off to in chapter six, but I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to how, so forgive me for that little bit. I could, however, show Cain wondering about it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Yes Stiles is definitely a hypocrite. LOL I think that's a shared plight of 90% of my seme characters; Hipocracy. Pig-headedness is pretty common too among them, I guess. And GINORMOUS packages! Okay not really, but wouldn't it be fun if that was?! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter! I'm working on getting more questions answered in the chapters to come as I work up to the climax.

Your reviews are always so helpful, I look forward to them :) thanks!

UnLazy: Gotta admit, I like how johnny turned out too. I was going to make him a total meathead, but he quickly became a bit more than that, in my head at least. And yes, I was hoping no one would foresee Stiles' infatuation with a old fart, but apparently a couple people did, damn them! (Just kidding! No damning going on here!) Anyhoo, I'm glad you decided to drop a line! Thanks for the review!

Kazu: Other hot guys? Well there's johnny, and there's lawrence... And the ghost is kinda hot. (of course it is, this is a slash story.) Yes, Evening Wear! My unexpected success. I was all like 'I'll never make it past the first chapter', and Oliver was all like 'Oh yes you will, bitch!' and then I was like 'D: that's so mean, I'm not a bitch!' and... well, you get the idea. Anyhoo, I'm glad you enjoy my stories!

Sana-chan: Only two more hours to go, dear! I'm going over chapter six as we speak for the last edit.

A/N: Thanks to Chibishiva, my consistent beta, and Me Me the guest beta who helped me go over chapters 5 and 6.

Chapter SIX

Paputsza: Yay creepy! You're too kind, thanks for the review!

oo: That's not quite the whole story about how Cain got his job. I actually did a scene where Cain gets into it and talks about what really happened, but I cut it during the editing process. Damn me! As for why he isn't taking pictures, I don't think he has a very good relationship with his cameras after all the scandals in NYC. I'm glad you're interested! I always enjoy your reviews, they're energetic! Thanks, ciao!

Linika: Hehehe, fabulous! I love that word. I hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for the review!

Sana-chan: She certainly is bonkers! Maybe she has gone off the deep end! Who knows?! Well, I know, but I'm not telling!

Sana-chan #2: lmao! Nice to see someone still likes Stiles after this chapter! Although he did do a totally shitty thing, I guess I was kinda trying to make him seem like an asshole. But you just cemented it. I should totally give Johnny more screentime. He's fallen by the wayside during this silly storm!

Sana-chan #3: I'm all moved and unpacked now! And by the way, that little skit you put in the review was frickin hilarious. You gave me a good laugh XD thanks. I'll be updating again this sunday at midnight.

Anise: lmao! Yes, even if Cain had any actual talent, he'd definitely still be a slut. I'm dying to say more about it, and give it all away, but I'll be good and tear my hair out a little. Thats how I keep secrets, I temporarily transform into a nutcase.

Ha! Stiles was a total asswipe. Don't worry, Cain isn't going to just forgive him and throw himself at him like that manga I was ranting about a couple weeks ago. I'm a little bit of a hypocrite, but not that bad. That reminds me, I really should use Johnny for the scene I've been writing. I've been blocked for a few days, but maybe he'll help.

Thanks for the support, hun! Your review made perfect sense, it even made me want to ramble about things I shouldn't be rambling about, but I smiled a lot while reading it anyway! See you!

tmelange: I'm a sucker for cliffhangers and developments so I try to throw in all the twists I can. And it makes me a little giddy when readers get wound up over the twists/cliffies! Well I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for the review!

Lisa: Ha! I knew that old man fetish would gross people out. It's just too fun to gross people out... I'm glad you've enjoyed the chapter, and thanks for wishing me luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! Man it's gonna be hard to move boxes with my fingers crossed...

JJ: Cliffies are so much fun, aren't they? They're more fun when they're literal, but for this fic, I'll have to settle for ... non-literal. You may be right about Nana, but... maybe not. But either way, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Thanks for the review! Sorry, I'm out of my mind at the moment so my responses are a little out of whack.

KT: Wow, that's a huuuge compliment. Thank you so much, you made my day. I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I know I say that a lot to people, but I mean it every time. Thanks!

Kylee: Yes, very exhausting. Today (the 29th) is the last day I have to pack. We're taking all our stuff out of the house tomorrow and then moving on the 1st and third. It's national moving day on the first where I am, so everythings more complicated than it should be. *pulls hair out* AHHH! Anyway, thanks!

Rikuhikari: Hehehe, I getcha. I always feel a little jumpy after I read a spooky story and then go to bed with all the lights off, but it still makes me giggle that I caused it in someone else! Maybe I'm a Sadist at heart. Thanks for the review!

JtheChosen1: LOL! Well, I was thinking of writing a roadtrip fic. There's a sequel for ya, Cain getting the hell out of the country! Just kidding... Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter Seven has been posted at last! Went through a slump. Took me a month to write chapter eight, but at least that's done now and I got Chapter 9 mostly finished, thanks to a sudden comment from my beta, saying a particular scene needed a little something more. So I added a little something more, and before I knew it, I had 7 full pages and 3k words! Yay!

Anyhoo... It's almost five A.M. I'm sitting in the dark in my new apartment, surrounded by the spooky woods... Hello...? Is anyone out there? Oh I know! I'll go polish chapter 9 while I wait to pass out! But... But... what should happen in chapter 10?! :cheers:

Chapter Seven!

BijouDuMon: Love and hate are one in the same, my friend! I enjoyed that scene with Stiles cleaning Cain up. It was right after an uber hard scene, so I wanted to have fun with something, and I did! I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

JJ: Hi! He opened a door to HELL!!!! Dun dun DUN! Well, no, not really, but dramatics are fun! Why does everyone like that horse-toothed weirdo?! Well, I like him too, but that's beside the point. Johnny is pretty fun to write, I don't know why but characters who don't take anything seriously seem the loneliest to me. I always feel like they're hiding something painful... But maybe they're not and I'm just bonkers. That's fun too. Anyhoo, thanks for the review!

Lisa: Yay! I figured it could use a bit of lightness before I plunge the unsuspecting boy harem into a dark spiral of a climax! well... Okay, it won't be very dark or much of a spiral. Just kinda like... a rickety elevator down into a dimly lit mall parking lot. Enticing, eh? What I mean by that is, I'm uber glad the chapter provided some humour! Why couldn't I just have said that in the first place? Well I could delete my inane rambling and put that instead, but I won't because it's more dramatic and pointless this way. I'm in a great mood! How about you?

Spoonring: Helped that I didn't know what was going on through most of it either, huh? I finally made my decision about where to take this fic after I wrote chapter six! Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it, thanks!

Sana-chan: Ha! I'm kinda scared of basements too, but I was before this... Anyhoo, yes bad Nana!! I'm glad you liked it dear!

Spex: Ninjas and leprechauns of course! I don't know why I felt the need to answer that, but I did. I had a really weird dream about leprechauns that I just woke up from like 2 mins ago... Thanks for the review!

Anise!: Oh wow. My internet just blacked out for a couple hours and I was panicking like crazy thinking they cut me off (I haven't exactly been paying them quite what I should >.>...) And then it came back on and I was soooo excited, I immediately checked my email to find you've reviewed! YAY! Next up is to check my Y!Gallery!

Did I get off topic? Oh yes... Heirloom. I think Cain's talent for getting himself into precarious situations is what makes him a little bit more fun than Evening Wear's Oliver. Although Oliver was pretty good at it too I think - I barely remember - but Cain's flamboyance brings a freshness to the writing process for me. The next few chapters were tougher though because it has to start getting a bit serious! Oh no! It's sooooo hard not to have Cain bickering with everyone. By 'hard' I mean I shouldn't, but I write in bickering anyway.

... I got distracted again. *Checks the review again* Oh, Johnny! I'm glad you like their relationship. They were originally supposed to be rivals - Cain and Johnny. Constantly battling it out and having a tense closeness. I set it up that way, but somehow they decided their battles would be secondary to their closeness. I dunno how that happened. Hm, is that it? But I have more typing in me to do! I'm too happy to be hearing from you again - the move went great. Money's a bit tight, and the apartment's TINY, but the forest outside my patio door makes it all worth it! Oooh inspiring!

Ciao!

Chapter EIGHT

Sana-Chan: LOL! Indeed. Johnny, the king of bad timing. I liked the Pastor too, how could he do this to us?! Oh we're not there? I coulda sworn we were... Well, still, how dare he?! Anyhoo, We'll find out what happened to Cain in... 2 or three chapters!

Sana-chan #2: Muffin! I'm watching a seinfield episode about muffins! Cain begging for his life under Stiles? Hm maybe that would be hot!

Skye: HA! Expecting mother, I like that XD. Too funny. I wonder how many readers would murder me if I suddenly threw in a bit of Mpreg (put the machetes down, I promise I'm not going to do it!) Anyhoo, I'm really happy you're enjoying Cain. He is one of the funnest chars I've written so far, so I do sincerely hope he's as fun to read.

Wynja: Good! I love scaring people! Thanks for the review!

Bijou: Yes, but it was just an itty bitty cliffy! I was good this time, I didn't make the cliffy too dramatic and infuriating. Blame Lawrence. Because of him I had to split a scene that wasn't supposed to very long in two! Otherwise the chapter would have ran too long, so yes, let's all blame Lawrence. Am I rambling? I don't have time to ramble! Oh dear... I wanna go back to bed...

JtheChosen1 : Yay! This plot was a bitch to work out. If its being enjoyed, then it was all worth it! Hopefully it gets better!

Anita: They're all bad! No, I'm kidding... maybe... Kinda... Cain's a good guy! Thanks for the review!

Spoonring: I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying yes, that ghost in the basement is related to Lawrence in some way, but I won't say what way! I figured I couldn't have a fic with a funeral home without a scene in a casket. Well I could, but that would be a wasted opportunity! I'm kinda glad you read into what Stiles was saying more than Mr. Hysterical Cain did. Your guesswork is pretty close to the mark! Anyhoo, thanks for the review!

JJ: Wow, so many questions, so little time! I like questions because I can be all like "I know that one!" and then answer it to myself and not answer here. Like a gameshow that only I am privy to. What, wouldn't you make out if you were trapped with a guy (or girl) in a coffin and people were talking about killing outside of it? Your review made me giggle, thanks!

Lisa: The basement is allllllliiiiiiiiive! Okay, no not really... Not at all. But it would've been fun if it were! I'm just happy there were WTF moments at all. Yay for the little successes! Thank you so much for the review, it was grin-worthy!

WhinnieRichards: It's you! I remember you! Ahem, anyhoo... Yes, I'm quite glad people are frustrated. And I hope they remain frustrated as long as it isn't so bad, they press the back button! Sorry, no room left in my C drive to crawl into! It's all taken up by yaoi hentai manga... and other stuff which shall not be named... ever. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I sure enjoyed the flattery! Thanks dear!

Anise: I don't even know where to begin. Yes, yes, all your theories do make me want to talk, but I won't!!!!!!! But wow, it never even occured to me to throw Johnny and Lawrence at each other. I thought about Johnny and Stiles, and Lawrence and Stiles, but not Lawrence and Johnny! Now that you mention it, and now that the visual is firmly planted in my lecherous head, it kinda would be hot... I can totally imagine sexual tension between the two fuelled by Lawrence's ridicule and Johnny's shameless teasing. I smell spin-off! No, I'm kidding...

Oh Nana, yes Nana. When I first started writing this, Nana was supposed to be a bit of a heroic character, and sturdy support system for Cain - which is reflected in the first couple chapters - but that was before I made the final decision on what this story was actually going to be about. My initial plans were about a genie-type creature. But those plans went out the window in favour of a plot more driven by the living characters and the town's dark history. So the genie went bye-bye and in came the phantoms! The fic almost took a different direction a few times in the eight chapters that are posted, but some of them are embarrassing so I won't mention them XD. So yeah, the plans for Nana's role definitely changed... But whether she's being used or a naughty lady, I won't say!

I should start closing chapters with batman-like questions. "Will our heroes get out of the coffin? Will Nana ever get those whiskers waxed? What happened to Johnny in the bathroom?! Find out the answers to these questions on the next episode of HEIRLOOM! Dun dun DUUUN!"

Roya: Hi!! I hope our boys dispelled your boredom because that's what they're made for. (Sounds a little sarcastic, but it's not, I swear) Well, that and to screw like rabbits on viagra. LOL I chose monday because it's just after the weekend rush of posts and I thought people could use an escape on mondays! It's not as big a deal during the summer, though since some people don't have school/work on mondays so the weekend rush spills over now! Why am I talking about why I picked mondays? I don't know, I'm still half asleep. Anyway you're so sweet! It's great to hear from you again, hun! Thank you so much for the kind review.

Your story is great and different and the main character is well done and a very fay sexy dude, but damn, its difficult to tell the bad guys from the good guy lol, something tells its not the cousin, looking forward to the next chapters... LOL Cal :blink:

Chapter EIGHT

Sana-Chan: LOL! Indeed. Johnny, the king of bad timing. I liked the Pastor too, how could he do this to us?! Oh we're not there? I coulda sworn we were... Well, still, how dare he?! Anyhoo, We'll find out what happened to Cain in... 2 or three chapters!

Sana-chan #2: Muffin! I'm watching a seinfield episode about muffins! Cain begging for his life under Stiles? Hm maybe that would be hot!

Skye: HA! Expecting mother, I like that XD. Too funny. I wonder how many readers would murder me if I suddenly threw in a bit of Mpreg (put the machetes down, I promise I'm not going to do it!) Anyhoo, I'm really happy you're enjoying Cain. He is one of the funnest chars I've written so far, so I do sincerely hope he's as fun to read.

Wynja: Good! I love scaring people! Thanks for the review!

Bijou: Yes, but it was just an itty bitty cliffy! I was good this time, I didn't make the cliffy too dramatic and infuriating. Blame Lawrence. Because of him I had to split a scene that wasn't supposed to very long in two! Otherwise the chapter would have ran too long, so yes, let's all blame Lawrence. Am I rambling? I don't have time to ramble! Oh dear... I wanna go back to bed...

JtheChosen1 : Yay! This plot was a bitch to work out. If its being enjoyed, then it was all worth it! Hopefully it gets better!

Anita: They're all bad! No, I'm kidding... maybe... Kinda... Cain's a good guy! Thanks for the review!

Spoonring: I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying yes, that ghost in the basement is related to Lawrence in some way, but I won't say what way! I figured I couldn't have a fic with a funeral home without a scene in a casket. Well I could, but that would be a wasted opportunity! I'm kinda glad you read into what Stiles was saying more than Mr. Hysterical Cain did. Your guesswork is pretty close to the mark! Anyhoo, thanks for the review!

JJ: Wow, so many questions, so little time! I like questions because I can be all like "I know that one!" and then answer it to myself and not answer here. Like a gameshow that only I am privy to. What, wouldn't you make out if you were trapped with a guy (or girl) in a coffin and people were talking about killing outside of it? Your review made me giggle, thanks!

Lisa: The basement is allllllliiiiiiiiive! Okay, no not really... Not at all. But it would've been fun if it were! I'm just happy there were WTF moments at all. Yay for the little successes! Thank you so much for the review, it was grin-worthy!

WhinnieRichards: It's you! I remember you! Ahem, anyhoo... Yes, I'm quite glad people are frustrated. And I hope they remain frustrated as long as it isn't so bad, they press the back button! Sorry, no room left in my C drive to crawl into! It's all taken up by yaoi hentai manga... and other stuff which shall not be named... ever. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I sure enjoyed the flattery! Thanks dear!

Anise: I don't even know where to begin. Yes, yes, all your theories do make me want to talk, but I won't!!!!!!! But wow, it never even occured to me to throw Johnny and Lawrence at each other. I thought about Johnny and Stiles, and Lawrence and Stiles, but not Lawrence and Johnny! Now that you mention it, and now that the visual is firmly planted in my lecherous head, it kinda would be hot... I can totally imagine sexual tension between the two fuelled by Lawrence's ridicule and Johnny's shameless teasing. I smell spin-off! No, I'm kidding...

Oh Nana, yes Nana. When I first started writing this, Nana was supposed to be a bit of a heroic character, and sturdy support system for Cain - which is reflected in the first couple chapters - but that was before I made the final decision on what this story was actually going to be about. My initial plans were about a genie-type creature. But those plans went out the window in favour of a plot more driven by the living characters and the town's dark history. So the genie went bye-bye and in came the phantoms! The fic almost took a different direction a few times in the eight chapters that are posted, but some of them are embarrassing so I won't mention them XD. So yeah, the plans for Nana's role definitely changed... But whether she's being used or a naughty lady, I won't say!

I should start closing chapters with batman-like questions. "Will our heroes get out of the coffin? Will Nana ever get those whiskers waxed? What happened to Johnny in the bathroom?! Find out the answers to these questions on the next episode of HEIRLOOM! Dun dun DUUUN!"

Roya: Hi!! I hope our boys dispelled your boredom because that's what they're made for. (Sounds a little sarcastic, but it's not, I swear) Well, that and to screw like rabbits on viagra. LOL I chose monday because it's just after the weekend rush of posts and I thought people could use an escape on mondays! It's not as big a deal during the summer, though since some people don't have school/work on mondays so the weekend rush spills over now! Why am I talking about why I picked mondays? I don't know, I'm still half asleep. Anyway you're so sweet! It's great to hear from you again, hun! Thank you so much for the kind review.

Your story is great and different and the main character is well done and a very fay sexy dude, but damn, its difficult to tell the bad guys from the good guy lol, something tells its not the cousin, looking forward to the next chapters... LOL Cal :blink:

Thank you! Yes, I try to make spotting the bad guys as unpredictable as I can. I think stories are more fun that way as long as they give enough that it's not too frustrating, so I try my best to emulate that. Hope you keep enjoying it, Ciao!

A/N: Well, Chapter ten launches into the climax so we've only got a few more chapters to go. Hope y'all enjoy the ride!

Chapter NINE

Sana-chan: Elvis is behind the door! I have no idea why I'm thinking of Elvis lately... Oh well.

Sana-chan #2: XD thanks I was getting worried that readers weren't liking the whole sex in a casket thing.

Spoonring: You're right, he should have asked about the expirements. I guess I've been avoiding answering that question this chapter and that one part seemed unrealistic that he wounldn't ask. As for the coffins, they're making jumbo sized ones regularily available now, so it could've been one of those. Either way, don't worry. We're launching into the climax in chapter ten, so questions are going to start getting answered, finally!

Emiliana Kostova: Thank you so much! Supernatural Thrillers are my fave (Unless they're vampire...) so I really badly wanted to try and pull one off. I guess we'll see if I manage in the last few chapters!

myoregon: I'm glad you're enjoying it! Don't worry, I have a lot of slutty chars, but they're rarely slutty without reason. There's often a bit of pain behind it. Originally I thought Stiles was going to be the main love interest, but a lot changed since my original plans - hell, Lawrence didn't even exist back then - so we'll see what happens! Thanks for the review!

Lisa: Thanks dear, I took care of that mistake right away. Anyhoo, yes, they must be like contortionists, huh? When I thought of the scene, I was thinking of the coffins in the movies, you know the cliche when our damsel in distress is buried alive and they wake up, turn on a lighter or match only to find they're in there with a corpse? There always seems to be a bit of excess room so I went with that. But for the sake of believability, let's just say it was an extra large coffin, since those are more common now XD. And yes! Stiles so jealous~

JJ: Interesting theories! Well, you'll find out soon if you're right! Answers will start coming like a flash flood in the climax - slight exaggeration - Maybe one or two next chapter, but the major questions are answered in following chapters when everything goes belly up. Thanks for the review!

Tranquil: Yay! Flattery will get you everywhere! You're too kind, thank you so much for the awesome review.

Anise!: Gotta say, I'm a little relieved. I was afraid this chapter wasn't going to go over well - although I'm not entirely sure why. I think its the scene in the basement I wasn't all too happy with, but I couldn't replace it because it's very necessary. Oh well, Now I get to move on to worrying about chapter 11! (I happen to like chapter 10 for some strange, sadistic reason.

I love your input. I may have to refer back to it in order to try and get all the loose ends tied up XD so thank you! Sorry I'm not so wordy this time, got a bit of a bug.

Chapter TEN

Spoonring: Stunned? I hope in a good way! Thanks for the review!

Sana-chan: Ha! ... Ha ha ha! That's my hesitant sadistic laugh... You made me snort, and very proudly at that. I'm glad it gave you a rush - I'm quite happy with chapter ten, but that might be because it has a bit of action and I love writing action. It was probably the easiest chapter to write in a long time for that reason. Hey! Tea's a good idea! Imma go make a peppermint/green tea mixture! Oh! And good luck on the exam!

Sana-chan #2: Actually... Yes, you are close. Not completely, but still pretty close!

JJ: Thanks! I'll add those questions to the 'save the loose ends' fund!

FreedomofCrows: Me? Hurt my characters? Never! Um... well... Unless you ask the chars of all my previous fics... Well, he's not going to die at least! I'm not -that- evil. Or am I? Dun dun DUN!!!!! No. No, I'm not. Anyhoo, I'm glad you're enjoying the f*cked-upness.

RT: XD Why thank you, thank you very much. *kirtsies*

Wynja: Thanks for the tips! I have tons of ideas, the major problem is just writing them out in a believable, entertaining way, and that little demon some of us like to call procrastination! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for the kind review!

Lisa: Yay! More questions! Yes, Lawrence was an ass this chapter... Oh, just as I was writing that, I suddenly got an idea for the part I'm currently writing of the fic. *clears throat* Anyhoo, where was I? Oh yes, Lawrence assageness. Well, I was going to tell you my thinking behind that, but I don't want to spoil anything and I'm half asleep so I should keep my big mouth shut... or typing fingers still? Am I rambling incoherently again?

Lady-me: We all love happy endings so I'll try my best! Thank you for the review!

Anise: Hate to say it, but it might get weirder before it gets... normaler? Especially once the big questions start getting answered. I try hard to not cross the line between believability and just plain outrageous, but with a plot like this, I think I've been straddling that line for a few chapters anyway.

I'm glad you enjoyed the chase scene! That and the lawrence attacking him part were the funnest parts to write. I can tell you - without spoiling anything, I think, that Johnny was definitely not one of the mob chasing him. He kinda disappeared since the funeral home scene, but he'll be coming back within the next couple chapters. Whose side he'll be on though, is a secret! There will be some chars that don't suddenly turn on Cain, though. He does have some people on his side, even if he doesn't know it! Yes, Charlie the friendly ghost for one.

Well, thanks for the review! Take care!

PaipurrbakRighter: Nope not the end yet! Still got 2-4 more chapters to go. Thanks for the review!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter ELEVEN

Kellie: Sorry! I tried to clear a couple things up this chapter, but the weirdness factor made it kinda hard, didn't it? Well, I guess the most important things are that the town wants to kill Cain so he needs to escape. Nevermind all that other nonesense.

Sana-chan: Yeah, pretty strange, huh? I wanted to make it less strange but fought with myself over how to do that and keep it consistent. And yes! Someone oughta give those asswipes split ends! That'll show em! Thanks hun, you made me feel a little less self conscious about the chapter. (And about the killing Cain a bunch of times... Yes, but shhhh don't tell anyone!)

Wynja : Glad you liked it! Thanks for the review dear!

JtheChosen1 : Hehehe Macbeth. My favourite Shakespeare play. That's what this story needs! Witches! No, I'm kidding. Thanks for the review!

Lisa: Crazy, right? Maaan this is just insane to piece together! What was I thinking?! What I'm usually thinking, probably : "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA"... Oh well. Yep pappy really did all those weird things to Cain. I'm thinking I should put together cliff notes to help the readers understand what has happened so far XD

JJ: Yes so many questions. Too bad I can't answer any of them here, I'm dying to! Thanks for the review!

Anise: Everything's fine! I think the major reason for last weeks delay, and any delays that might come is it's getting really complicated so I've been procrastinating (naughty me) and have fallen behind on the writing stuff (double naughty). I typically like to be writing three chapters ahead of the posting, but I'm down to one! Oh the humanity!

Wow, so much speculation! Yes, there was a bunch packed into that chapter. I was going to end it right after Stiles goes all chloroform on Cain's arse, but I felt like 2800 words would have been cheaping out, and I did not want to cheap out when I was a week late. The hard part is giving answers without explaining things! I'm not a big fan of lengthy explanations, I'd much rather just show everything through action, but I have a feeling some spoken explanations may be necessary here.

As for Johnny, He lives in Arizona, he just visits his grandparents a lot like a good boy.... Oh god, you just gave me an idea for the scene I'm writing! Woo! Ahem, anyway... Yeah, I aimed more for a scientific approach. I probably wouldn't have taken the story very seriously if I went too far with supernatural causes when it's such an unnatural result. So the science is my lame attempt at balance! LOL Balance... I'm gonna go stare at the next chapter and cry now. Thanks for the review!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.