Click Here!

I'm not sure where this belongs.

I want this person blocked from viewing or commenting on anything I publish, if possible. They posted the following as a review under my Avatar fanfiction (and there was no mention of abortion or an actual pregnancy in the chapter I uploaded):

"OK, a few words...at the beginning, you make it appear that Katherine is pregnant, and yet they act as if they AREN'T pregnant...what does she mean by asking him if he wants kids? Hello? It's kind of a moot point, they already HAVE a kid? In her womb? Please don't tell me that she killed her child with an abortion. That upset me so badly that I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't enjoy the rest of the story. I would rather Katherine and Sebastian not have a relationship at all if they're going to kill any children they conceive. Her pregnancy may be unique and interesting to scientists, but it doesn't change the fact that that's HER FAMILY...HER BABY. She shouldn't think of her own child as an "experiment". The fact that it's unexpected also doesn't change the fact that that is HER BABY. She should PROTECT him, not kill him! What you did with them made her look very selfish."

I've had some pretty wild and crazy reviews but I don't need Tiller Killers coming after me just because fictitious characters in my story talk about using birth control. I can laugh off trolls but I've gotten some pretty intense comments, including threats of "gutting" if I fail to include enough of someone's favorite character/s. Given how fanatical some Avatar fans seem to be, I'm not laughing off a "prolife" rant from one of them. What angers me even more is that this lunatic changed her review after I submitted the next chapter with a note stating that Katherine was never pregnant at all. I can't decide if I'm more offended by the gratuitous "abortion" accusation or the fact that she didn't have the spinal fortitude to leave her original review where it was and apologize in a separate one.

Please block this unstable freak from looking at or commenting on anything I write, from now on. I would do it myself, if I could figure out how. Beneath is the link to her/it's profile:

KiraJenLove

I want this person blocked from viewing or commenting on anything I publish, if possible. They posted the following as a review under my Avatar fanfiction (and there was no mention of abortion or an actual pregnancy in the chapter I uploaded):

"OK, a few words...at the beginning, you make it appear that Katherine is pregnant, and yet they act as if they AREN'T pregnant...what does she mean by asking him if he wants kids? Hello? It's kind of a moot point, they already HAVE a kid? In her womb? Please don't tell me that she killed her child with an abortion. That upset me so badly that I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't enjoy the rest of the story. I would rather Katherine and Sebastian not have a relationship at all if they're going to kill any children they conceive. Her pregnancy may be unique and interesting to scientists, but it doesn't change the fact that that's HER FAMILY...HER BABY. She shouldn't think of her own child as an "experiment". The fact that it's unexpected also doesn't change the fact that that is HER BABY. She should PROTECT him, not kill him! What you did with them made her look very selfish."

I've had some pretty wild and crazy reviews but I don't need Tiller Killers coming after me just because fictitious characters in my story talk about using birth control. I can laugh off trolls but I've gotten some pretty intense comments, including threats of "gutting" if I fail to include enough of someone's favorite character/s. Given how fanatical some Avatar fans seem to be, I'm not laughing off a "prolife" rant from one of them. What angers me even more is that this lunatic changed her review after I submitted the next chapter with a note stating that Katherine was never pregnant at all. I can't decide if I'm more offended by the gratuitous "abortion" accusation or the fact that she didn't have the spinal fortitude to leave her original review where it was and apologize in a separate one.

Please block this unstable freak from looking at or commenting on anything I write, from now on. I would do it myself, if I could figure out how. Beneath is the link to her/it's profile:

KiraJenLove

Wow that's all pretty crappy on her part. Its like, ok we write fiction for fun NOT to get ranted at. No one wants to get a negative rant, let alone one like that. Did you even mention she was preggers? Or was it just a general, "do you want kids?" question? Either way, looks like she took it all out of content. I agree she should apologise though to be fair she's probably so embarrassed now that she's realised and also coz you've mentioned it on here (rightly so,) so maybe that's why you havn't had an apology.

Hope you keep writting :)

B x

• 1 month later...
Wow that's all pretty crappy on her part. Its like, ok we write fiction for fun NOT to get ranted at. No one wants to get a negative rant, let alone one like that. Did you even mention she was preggers? Or was it just a general, "do you want kids?" question? Either way, looks like she took it all out of content. I agree she should apologise though to be fair she's probably so embarrassed now that she's realised and also coz you've mentioned it on here (rightly so,) so maybe that's why you havn't had an apology.

Hope you keep writting ^_^

B x

I've just finished the story that provoked the Tiller Killer to come out of the woodworks. The character in question was dating an avatar and she had some tests run to be certain they couldn't reproduce. The test results proved that it was possible and she had a talk with her avatar boyfriend about it and informed him that she was glad they had started using protection, because trying to bear a Na'vi sized child could kill her. Somehow, this person got the idea that a woman discussing birth control options for her own protection was a selfish "baby killer". I don't know what gave her the idea, but she thought Katherine (the character in question) had found out she was pregnant and had an abortion in the background between scenes.

That's the part that floored me. There was no mention of a pregnancy actually existing and no mention whatsoever of abortion. There was just a scene in which Katherine discussed contraception with her boyfriend Sebastian and he said he'd rather have her safe and alive than try to procreate with her.

Edited by Xenobia

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.