Click Here!

Favorite TV Show?

EveKnight75

I know, I know... typical question, boring topic. Still, I want to know.

Which TV shows do you like to watch? Which fandoms do you frequent? Which ones do you write fics about?

So far, I've written for the Brady Bunch. I also read Buffy/Angel, Lizzie McGuire (but I don't watch it because I hate Duff), Xena, Friends, and That 70's Show, off the top of my head. I also frequent other fandoms at random as a passing fancy. This includes 8 Simple Rules, 7th Heaven, Smallville, Sabrina, X-Files, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (again off the top of my head). Right now, I'm interested in Life with Derek.

My sister likes the show and I can see why. It's a less demented, more realistic, and plain funnier version of the Brady Bunch, in some ways. What I mean is that both shows run on the same concept of adjusting to life in a combined family and dealing with the stereotypical lifestyle of the other gender. I think the creep-factor parallel lies in the sexual chemistry/tension between teen stepsibs Casey and Derek. I thought it was my sick mind, but apparently a lot of people who watch the show have noticed it, including my 12-year-old sister and her friends.

Stepcest being one of my fanfic fetishes, I thought "why not?", ambled over to the unmentionable site, clicked the link, and confirmed that I am not alone in that specific observation. Nearly every fic is Dasey (Derek/Casey).

Enough about me. What about you? And remember, it doesn't have to be just adult material. I mean all fics in general, as long as it could count as a TV show if the category were here on AFF.

My favourite TV shows would have to be Deadwood, Rome, Angel and MXC. The rest of TV annoys the hell out of me. The two I would say I hate the most(Yes, off topic. FORGIVE ME!) would be Law and Order: CI and CSI:Miami.

Fandoms I love to frequent are FireFly(HUGE Jayne/Simon fan), Xena(Aeris/Joxer), Buffy(Angelus/Xander). I used to be a fan of Angel/Spike, but then it got weird and I started watching more Angel then Buffy. Also, I haven't written for any of these fandoms (which may be a blessing cool.gif).

Guest Mike256bit

Favorite shows I've secretly dreamed of reading fiction for include:

• House
  • Law and Order (all)
  • Futurama
  • and Home Movies

Otherwise, I have a ton of MST3K. Now that's good TV.

Guest chibi4president

Usually I'm a hater of reality TV, but I'm liking Treasure Hunters right now. It's based on one of my favorite movies, National Treasure.

Most of the shows I used to like are now off the air:

American Dreams

JAG

Joan of Arcadia

Is anyone here a TV Land fan? Cuz I am:

Good Times

Sanford and Son

The Jeffersons

Happy Days

I Love Lucy

But I've only seen fiction for JAG and JOA. Shame...

Guest vampkitten27

For some reason, most of the shows I like get cancelled....

I use to watch Supernatural on the WB, but since the channel merged with some other network. I have no idea what they are going to do with it.

I have to admit, i was a pokemaniac. when pokemon swept the nation i became a big fan. never missed an episode. even after it stopped being cool i was still obsessed. I'm still a fan of pokemon, but i'm less obsessed than i used to be, i guess i've matured slightly though i can't imagine how.

right now i'd say my faveorite Tv show is CSI. i also like CSI: NY but not CSI:Miami, i just don't like it. i love all the cool computer graphics, all the science facts and the mysteries of the case, i try and figure out who's done the crime before the team does but only managed it on one episode so far.

Is anyone here a TV Land fan?  Cuz I am:

Good Times

Sanford and Son

The Jeffersons

Happy Days

I Love Lucy 

OH. MY. GOD.

How could I forget about I Love Lucy? I love that show! We used to have TVLand but there's been issues with the signal on that channel. In fact, I used to watch The Brady Bunch, Batman, and Green Acres on TVLand and DejaView (signal problems on all the classics channels). I also watch Bewitched, Beverly Hillbillies, and I Dream of Jeannie.

I already mentioned the Brady Bunch, but I also read Batman fanfiction. Bewitched and Jeannie have mildly interesting fanfiction, but Hillbilllies and Lucy don't. I'll go to the "other site", read Green Acres fics, and report back to you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Let's see, Grace under Fire, Firefly (I miss my dead show! TT_TT), Heroes, Farscape, Stargate: SG1, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, X-Play, Futurama...

Um.... wow, that list is long...

Guest Madapple

I don't get to watch much tv, but I like:

* House- (never get to catch it, so I bought the DVDs and have marathons.)

* Meerkat Manor

* Keeping Up Appearances (again I have the DVDs. "Bu-cket residence. . .")

* Iron Chef (the original series, sad.gif, no DVDs.)

* Leno (on Monday nights when he does headlines, they're brilliant.)

I still watch reruns of "Are You Being Served?" and I've seen every episode a billion times.

I love "South Park" some of those episodes are instant classics.

Madapple, I, too, enjoy "Keeping Up Appearances" (poor Richard!) and Leno's Headline bit. I also like BBC America's "Wire in the Blood", but they only have like 6 episodes a season. sad.gif Something about that Robson Green I like. wink.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest twins1729

Hello smile.gif

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Queer as Folk

South Park

Power Rangers (List in order favorite to least)

SPD

Ninja Storm/Dino Thunder (tied)

Mystic Force

In Space

Time Force

Lost Galaxy

Mighty Morphin'

Zeo

Wild Force

Lightspeed Rescue

Turbo

So far as writing fiction goes, it has to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer, because I've done more for it (six stories, not all on the archive) and had more ideas for it than any other TV show.

Favourite generally I have no idea. There was a time when it was Red Dwarf, but now, it beats me.

What i've done or used or parodied:

X-Files, Monty Python, Crocodile Hunter, King of the Hill, Star Trek, Star Trek, Star Trek, Star Trek, NCIS, Stargate, Reno 911

I'd really like to do something with House, but the need to master the technical details of advanced medical diagnostic procedures is daunting.

• 4 months later...

Actually - I don't watch much TV - basically because all of my favorite shows went belly up. I loved High Mountain Rangers and Jessie Hawkes - and if anyone knows where I can buy or download the shows I'd be eternally grateful.

I do like CSI myself - but not CSI Miami - I hate David Carusso (? SP).

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Hmm, The Simpsons, Futurama, Scrubs, Family Guy, Grey's Anatomy, Strong Medicine, Medium, Snapped, Rosanne, X-Play, Star Trek (DS9 and beyond. Picard pisses me off)...

Funny thing is, I have a lot of shows I really love, but don't have the patience to make sure I see every episode of said show until I can get it on DVD or something and just watch it straight through on my time.

Hmm...I honestly don't watch much tv, but I can think of a few.

Buffy

Angel (blaming my boyfriend because I never really liked Angel in the first place)

CSI (the series set in Vegas...duh)

Ghost Hunters

Most Haunted (because those guys are fucking insane...I mean, did you see them in that old prison in Philly?! blink.gif wtf?!)

Painkiller Jane

Eureka

Heroes (urg! I missed the last episode!)

Robot Chicken

Mind you I can take or leave most television shows. I'd say the only thting I'm watching regularily as in MUST WATCH! Is Ghost Hunters, Painkiller Jane, and...the anime they show on sci-fi every Monday night. omfg! Tokko!

edit: Oh yeah, I don't really write tv fandoms. I went through a brief SpikexBuffy smutfest phase after seeing Season 6 and 7, but thankfully that never got online.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favorite tv shows: CSI; Numb3rs; Painkiller Jane; Shark; Without a Trace; Supernatural

Favorite shows no longer airing: Magnificent Seven; Dukes of Hazzard

Favorite shows that are still on the air but were ruined by the powers that be: Smallville

Favorite fandoms to read: CSI; Smallville; Supernatural; Dukes of Hazzard; Without A Trace; Magnificent Seven and Numb3rs.

Favorite to write in: Dukes of Hazzard and Magnificent Seven. Mostly Dukes of Hazzard and/or crossovers of DOH with a variety of shows. Not always what you would expect either.

Edited by vinsmouse

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.