Click Here!

A Plagiarist and Art Thief Has Won A National Award

I logged into chat on another site tonight and was bombarded with a lot of angry people. It seems that popular artist on DA Yuumei has not only had her artwork and one of her poems stolen AGAIN but this time the lil creep that did it won a national award for it!

here is the link to her profile where she talks about it and what steps she had taken to remedy the situation.

Here is the article about the thief from January. I assure you, the comments are well worth looking at and pull no punches.

Isn't life FUN? And they wonder why so many get so upset by this. <_<

I logged into chat on another site tonight and was bombarded with a lot of angry people. It seems that popular artist on DA Yuumei has not only had her artwork and one of her poems stolen AGAIN but this time the lil creep that did it won a national award for it!

here is the link to her profile where she talks about it and what steps she had taken to remedy the situation.

Here is the article about the thief from January. I assure you, the comments are well worth looking at and pull no punches.

Isn't life FUN? And they wonder why so many get so upset by this. <_<

Well, stealing someone else's work practically GUARANTEES a win. It's karma at it's finest.

She seems happy in her photograph. How can she be smiling about winning something she knows in her heart she didn't win?

That happened to my friend. She has her works posted partially on FictionPress, and some creep stole it and posted it on her dA, even getting the "featured" stamp and all the glory for being "an amazing writer" which my friend should've gotten.

She reported her, of course, and it got the girl banned, but still. There's no pride in being praised for something you didn't create yourself. You'd think people would get that...

I myself have gotten my work plagiarized frequently as well. Mostly on other sites where I do not post, and there's also a person on Mibba who stole my identity complete with picture and false biography. I messaged the site about this two times, but I never got a reply. It bothers me, but I've simply taken the precaution of locking my photobucket from public view and putting my username on my ID pics.

May karma bite them all in the ass one day.

OMG! I've been her watcher on DA for a looong time! She's an epic genius! This genuinely makes me so sad! Actually I'm fuming over the whole thing. Im sad for Yummei and im fuming at the art theif. Im a Fine art student... or was and now sell my art and do commissions. I've been watching Ymmei for soo long and shes been a great source of inspiration. I can't imagine how she felt when seeing that her work had been stolen <_< I also cant believe that Scholastics hasn't yet taken down the article! Its giving her glory she doesn't deserve... then again if anyone looking went onto the comments page it would be a whole other story.

We shall have to wait and see what happens but thanks for posting. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read this. I've been so busy that i've skipped several DA journals. If you want to add me on Da just for fun its: http://rain7777.deviantart.com/ :o

B xxx

There is nothing that tends to irritate me more than seeing something like THIS. <_< Having had my work ripped in the past as well, I tend to get a bit irate just reading about this sort of thing.

Hopefully the end result will be that the girlie who stole will not only lose the prize she earned via theft, but learn a valuable lesson from this about taking someone else's stuff and saying it's theirs and the repercussions that one faces as a result of doing such a thing. I doubt it though, as I've seen too many people who plagiarize and get caught, turn around and do it AGAIN. And then say it's an ACCIDENT. feh

There is nothing that tends to irritate me more than seeing something like THIS. <_< Having had my work ripped in the past as well, I tend to get a bit irate just reading about this sort of thing.

Hopefully the end result will be that the girlie who stole will not only lose the prize she earned via theft, but learn a valuable lesson from this about taking someone else's stuff and saying it's theirs and the repercussions that one faces as a result of doing such a thing. I doubt it though, as I've seen too many people who plagiarize and get caught, turn around and do it AGAIN. And then say it's an ACCIDENT. feh

Are you serious?!

Are you serious?!

go look in our Hall of Shame and see how many are repeat offenders. It's very, very common for them to do it again. And the favorite excuse from the thief is it was an accident or they didn't know they shouldn't do that. Not to mention that reviewers, fans and friends always give the excuse that they made a mistake. This is no accident or mistake, sorry.

But, on the upside of it, her award is gone now...

from the facebook page of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards....

It has been brought to our attention, and we have confirmed, that a high school student from Oregon submitted to The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards a painting that she now acknowledges was copied from another artist, Wenqing Yan. The student has apologized to the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, and her National Gold Medal and American Visions Award have been revoked. She is no longer considered a Scholastic Award winner. The work will not appear in our publications and the painting was removed from our online galleries. Contrary to information posted online by commenters on various sites, this student received no monetary prize from our program.

However, since this was reported some time ago, and it appeared to take a mass throng of people to basically leave hundreds of messages on their facebook page to get them to do something about it, I am less than impressed with their actions in this case

I'm glad this has finally happened but as Danyealle said:

since this was reported some time ago, and it appeared to take a mass throng of people to basically leave hundreds of messages on their facebook page to get them to do something about it, I am less than impressed with their actions in this case

and I agree. I'm so angry at them for the way they had no info for Yummei to contact them reguarding this. it would have been sorted sooner. :rolleyes:

But thank you for posting their quote. I'm glad its all come out. I'll be happy once they get her article off their site.

B xxx

go look in our Hall of Shame and see how many are repeat offenders. It's very, very common for them to do it again. And the favorite excuse from the thief is it was an accident or they didn't know they shouldn't do that. Not to mention that reviewers, fans and friends always give the excuse that they made a mistake. This is no accident or mistake, sorry.

But, on the upside of it, her award is gone now...

from the facebook page of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards....

However, since this was reported some time ago, and it appeared to take a mass throng of people to basically leave hundreds of messages on their facebook page to get them to do something about it, I am less than impressed with their actions in this case

OMFG how do you "accidentally" repeatedly steal work from others and pass it off as your own?! Is this some manifestation of kleptomania, or just narcissism at its ugliest? Either way, why on earth would you do it again and again ON THE SAME WEB SITE?!

Because the ones who do this think they're doing nothing wrong at all. Of course, we all know that THEY are incorrect in their thinking, but there it is. As to why some people think it's perfectly fine to take someone else's stuff and pass it off as their own, that I haven't a clue on.

Yes, doing it repeatedly is a bit much, isn't it?