Click Here!

Gundam Seed

Guest Big Samurai

Guest Big Samurai

I am a big Gundam fan. In fact, I am a very big Gundam fan, be it ol' 0079 or any of its successors. Yesterday, I finished my run through Seed and Seed Destiny, and I have arrived at the realization that I want to 'fic both of 'em. That being said, I wish to comb the anime / manga forum for any other Seed / Seed Destiny fans to see what they think about the lemons that exist for those series. The section is relatively small, and it has room for many ideas. I know that I will turn off more than half the fan base by saying this, but I prefer to talk non-yaoi, though the Yaoi Turbans are welcome to contribute their opinions. Now, here is the hetero I have seen in the section:

Athrun / Cagalli

Athrun / Flay

Athrun / Meyrin

Cagalli / Kira

Dearka / Miriaillia

(Female) Athrun / Kira

Flay / Kira

Flay / Yzak

Kira / Lacus

Kira / Miriaillia

Lunamaria / Shinn

Mu / Murrue

Shinn / Stella

There is also a challenge for Kira / Murrue, and I already have two ideas for responding to it. (One is for during Seed, and the other is for between Seed and Seed Destiny.) Apart from that, the field seems to be wide open. What does the peanut gallery have to say about the world of Seedfic?

cool.gif

Go for it! Personally I think there's too muhc slash, but such is inevitable in a series with so much angst between its male leads.

Most of the pairs you listed should make for an interesting reads. I'd have posted a het fic of my own by now, but it got erased when my laptop deleted itself. (I dropped my computer when it was off. Somehow this deleted the registry. huh.gif I'm no computer wiz, so deleted everything when reinstalling XP. Fortunately, the site had all my latest.)

Side note: Have you seen Destiny Final Plus, the movie that ends SEED Destiny? It retcons the last two episodes, in a few minor ways, but in a few larger ones as well. Athrun, for example, is now present at the final showdown on the satellite.

Guest Big Samurai

I skipped Episode 50 and jumped directly to Final Plus to save time, since I have been repeatedly told that the original episode is a waste. Athrun was present, but he still had very little to do, and that was disappointing. I did like the epilogue at the memorial, though. The only thing it was missing was a big sign saying "CANON PAIRINGS HERE".

Now, I am debating what to do first. The best option might be starting with one of my Kira / Murrue ideas and running with it, but I have Athrun / Meyrin on the brain, too. Hmm. Guess we will have to see what the creative drive produces. Of course, it depends on what readers want to see, too.

• 2 years later...

Ah. Gundam SEED, it's really the only anime I've watched extensively, and I love it. I have to agree with the statements on Yaoi. There is just way too much, the series is suffering from a yaoi overdose, and there isn't even a great deal of yuri or hetero to counterbalance it. (Aside from the occasional WAFF-y LacusxKira and the elusive but rewarding LunamariaxMeyrin wincest.)

Personally, I agree with most of the pairings listed. Also note that Lunamaria and Athrun is something of a viable pairing (despite Shinn and Luna being the obvious canon one). Athrun and Meer works too, but let's face it. Who gives a shit about Meer?

I would say go with the Athrun and Meyrin first, if that's what you want to do. I don't know about you, but if I try to write something that I didn't feel like writing at the moment, it just comes out crappy, if it comes out at all.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.