Click Here!

Ghosts of Christmas Past

sglily

Just checking in!

Kuro, my love... Happy Stalking Awareness Day??? Really? Oh, my! That one was made for Bakura, wasn't it? Yep, right up his alley! It makes me laugh every time I read it! Oh, and you can stalk me any time you please! Wink-wink. Kiss-kiss.

Captain, thanks for continuing to check out the stories. Updates are few and far between... But, they do happen!

Evilpyecat, oh,wow! What an interesting handle you've got! I also see that you hail from Bakura's hometown! However, he is from out in the middle of actual BF Egypt! Had to laugh at that as well! Thank you for the kind words! Glad you enjoy my versions of both Bakura and Ryou. I do miss referring to Ryou (or I should say having BAKURA refer to his light) as precious one. I guess that means I should work extra hard at finishing up Ghosts in order to do so, huh? ;-)

Thanks to everyone who continues to read and support the awesome pairing of Ryou and Bakura! A special shout out to everyone who keeps my stories - and this thread! - alive! It is much appreciated and truly makes my day.

Best regards,

~sglily

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome. Your work is amazing, and you have earned every bit of praise you receive. (posting to keep things going ^_^ )

Edited by Evilpyecat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Captain_Jelly

I just finished reading Chapter 8 again ^__^ The boys are just too cute!! I cant wait until they meet Bakura!(If they do). If so, Im sure that it would be the cutest/hilarious thing I will ever read. Those kids are too smart! ^__^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wooooooooooooo first post of the new year. Sglily I love your work and have been reading it for years. Finally decided to say something. I love your writing style and hope you update soon. I can't wait to see what happens next in Ghosts!

Wow. I really SUCK! I haven't been in here to check for awhile... so before I do anything else, I'll say "hey!" to those of you who have left a message here since last I lurked...

Evilpyecat: Bless you for being ever faithful and letting me know you're out there waiting for more! Don't hurt yourself or anything getting over to YugiOh!... but, I've got a little present for you... ; )

Guest Amanda: Thanks! And hopefully you're still interested in the story enough to keep coming back and look for another update! Good Lord... has it really been that long? Uh, yeah.

Guest Captain Jelly: Awesome name by the way... ; ) Ouch. You've been looking at and trying to read that still mangled Chapter 8! I have to get on that one and fix the formatting. But, glad to hear that you enjoy Ryou's kiddos! I hope they get a chance to meet Bakura, too... that would make for some really interesting dialogue, to say the least! Now, if only Ryou and Bakura could get their collective asses in gear, eh?

Kaizera: Yep, you are the first poster-er of the year. Go, you! Sorry that I missed you by a few days with this update... hopefully you are checking back regularly and will see it somewhat timely!

Thanks again, everyone! I am going to go out and take a look at the reviews for the story and reply... posting back here in a few.

'Til then!

~sglily

Edited by sglily

Howdy Everyone!

Yeah, I know... don't fall over and hurt yourselves... there is finally an update to Ghosts waiting for you over in the YugiOh! fanfiction section. As I said in my pathetic Bio, (yeah, surprise-surprise, also updated), hardly posted in time for Christmas as orginally intended, but here is it regardless. I know updates are few and far between, but I do have to say that I am thankful to each and every one of you who has stuck with me over the years... and to those readers who recently found this story. I adore it and hope to finish it in a timely fashion - as I still adore a good Ryou/Bakura read.

Oh, and speaking of Christmas... and various other holidays celebrated around the same time of year, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Merry/Happy Holidays to you all!

Did anyone get a Wii-U? Just wondering... I'm gonna wait to see if they work out all the bugs the new system currently is experiencing...

Nothing else of note to say other than sorry, as usual, for being late and never updating any story of mine in any type of timely manner. Just know that I still love these two guys and hope to keep their story/stories moving on.

Much love,

~sglily

Review Responses for Ghosts of Christmas Past – Chapter Ten:

Dragonlady222: Wherever you review, it is much appreciated! And really, thanks so much. It is so nice, so cool to see readers who have stuck around for years. Sadly, it has been years… with not a whole lot to show as far as updates and this crappy writer goes. So, yeah it is awesome to “see” you out there and to “hear” from you as well! Not sure what the deal is with MM… I haven’t been out there to scope anything out since the last time I posted there… and only when I finally figured out how I could. What a nightmare it was. Not looking forward to tackling it again with this newest chapter. But, it is what it is. Try to stick with me if you can and you’ll find out once and for all if Ryou and Bakura can “make it work”.

Kiara: Wow. Thanks! I hope that you can still state that when (not if, mind you!) this story is finally finished! I’m honored, regardless! Glad you enjoyed the bantering between Bakura and Marcy… it was fun trying to make a female Bakura that could stand up to the dumb ass but not come across as a rip-off of his character… if that makes any sense. I’m sure we’ll see more of Marcy somewhere down the line… ; )

Jen: It cracks me up that readers are still “finding” this story. That’s a good thing, trust me… but, funny to me in some kind of bizarre way because I guess I’m… well… bizarre! Babbling is more like it, eh? ; ) Glad you liked the interaction between Ryou and Bakura. Glad it came across exactly as you so expertly stated it – a weird kind of “nervous comfort/comfortable nervousness”. They are definitely trying to feel each other out upon literally running into each other after so many years… but it is almost as if they’d never been parted… well, once they get all that nasty business that happened during that separation of 6 years, right? I was hoping that Ryou’s story wouldn’t be too over the top. It seemed to be one tragedy after another. But, I wanted it to be bad enough, him lonely enough, almost desperate enough to fall head over heels in love with Bakura all over again – which he always was… but he needed to be reminded. I am only sorry that you experienced something that traumatic in your own life. It is one thing to write about a fictional character dealing with life changing events of such sadness and heartbreak; it is another to have lived it. Hopefully you have found comfort and love in the world and those special around you.

Evilpyecat: Your penname keeps cropping up all over the place, my dear! That’s a good thing! However, I am worried for you that you can “see” Bakura through my story! He might just manifest himself and take over the world… or something… ; ) Lord help us all if he should do so and then be on the hunt for his Ryou. But, seriously, thanks so much for the kind words. Hopefully you will have caught the latest update in the story that has few of them as it is… few and far between… but never forgotten. Enjoy!

Madalice: Another one who “just stumbled upon” the story! Oh, I love it! I know, it sucks to find something you like reading and it sits there forever unfinished… well, I’ll finish this, but not quickly, unfortunately. In the meantime, enjoy the latest update! And thanks again for finding it and dropping me a note!

Edited by sglily

This chapter is amazing, the last bit made me get all teary. I love how you write Bakura and Ryou. You make them come alive and your the best fanfiction writer ever! But *sniffles* You left it at a cliff hanger! Please write the next chapter soon I can't wait to see what happens next, and really can't wait for Bakura to meet the twins. I'm also pretty sure that one of those boxes from 'Santa' has the elusive WII in it. hehehehe hopefully it will keep the boys busy while 'Santa' sees about stuffing something other then Ryou's stocking hehehehehe

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken me a couple of days to calm down enough to finally write my review. I did hurt myself when I saw the update, and your post here (banged my kneecap on my dresser... and it didn't feel too good <_< ), but it was definitely worth it. I was starting to get worried that perhaps your muses had fled the scene :o But I am so very happy to see you've returned to continue on! And with that said... review time!

I had to laugh at drunk Ryou. He was hilarious! Also felt kind of bad that he couldn't bring himself to "choke the chicken", so to speak ;) Then again, he deserves kudos for being such a considerate (but paranoid) daddy. But then the end... that scene where he launches his tipsy self at Bakura for a most welcoming embrace... I wanted to cry and squeal with joy all at once. That was a very powerful moment, I must say :2tubs:

... Okay, I'll admit it, I threw myself on the bed and rolled around squealing and shrieking after I finished the chapter... I am shameless :devil:

But now that the god of smex himself is on the scene, I can't help but wonder how the boys are going to react when they wake up to find that Santa really did bring their daddy a "big boy Kura" of his own. And then, of course, there's the anticipation of Bakura's reaction to the children too. That's going to be epic, I'm sure ^^ As any "action" between the two big boys will be :drool:

This was indeed a most welcome surprise after the extended wait for your return. And you kicked the door in with style, just the way I like it! Like I said above, definitely worth the wait. So, welcome back, and thank you for doing such an awesome job. You have done what was deemed impossible, and drug me away from Tumblr. You have written another top-notch chapter, and I am literally squirming with impatience, waiting for the next one. Till the next update then, and happy belated holidays ^^ I shall be on watch, faithful as always :lurk:

• 2 years later...
Guest lbrylady

I've been rereading some old favorite stories and found this one. It is an amazing read. I hope that even though it has been quite a long time since the last update that are planning to continue with this story.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.