Click Here!

Harry Potter Tv Series

bookworm51485

I was watching the Goblet of Fire movie the other day and thinking about how much of the books were left out of the movie. So I started thinking it would be nice if Harry Potter could be turned into a tv series where we could see everything and nothing would be cut out. Anyone agree? Who would watch the show and also who would buy it if it came out on DVD?

TV series don't usually live up to the films, especially when they're so engrained in the pop culture psyche. Now, if there were "director's cut" DVDs of the films, with all that stuff in them, I'd be on board. There have been a lot of great films that, unfortunately, had to make cuts from the source material. "Gone With the Wind" and "To Kill a Mockingbird," just to name two. We'll just have to suffer, or use our imaginations.

I would watch it, buy it, build an altar to it, and worship it.

I worship only at the altar of Snape. wink.gif

I've already done that. mellow.gif

*ahem*

It wouldn't work as a cartoon, not for me. Not after the rich detail of the films. I could get into a "special extended edition", like the LotR films. I bought all of those. *hint hint Warner Brothers* More money for you and yours!

TV series don't usually live up to the films, especially when they're so engrained in the pop culture psyche. Now, if there were "director's cut" DVDs of the films, with all that stuff in them, I'd be on board. There have been a lot of great films that, unfortunately, had to make cuts from the source material. "Gone With the Wind" and "To Kill a Mockingbird," just to name two. We'll just have to suffer, or use our imaginations.

The reason I mentioned tv vs. an extended movie was because it would have to be seriously extended to include the whole story (or at least most), especially the later books.

ph34r.gif   I would watch it, buy it, build an altar to it, and worship it.

laugh.gif Ditto. wink.gif

While I don't doubt that they cut out enough to warrant a Director's cut for any of the movies, I seriously doubt that they'd have enough to do a TV mini series. Besides, why would they? Now, a cartoon series, on the other hand, might just go over. And yeah, I'd watch it (especially if they could get Alan Rickman to do Snape's voice.... wub.gif)

Now, a cartoon series, on the other hand, might just go over. And yeah, I'd watch it (especially if they could get Alan Rickman to do Snape's voice.... wub.gif)

Okay, I'd watch the cartoon with my eyes shut if they did that. Sometimes cartoons can be so kitchy. Mmm...I don't know... Nonetheless, if it was Rickman doing the voice, I'd still listen.

Slightly off topic, but, I heard rumors a while back that there was going to be a Star Wars t.v. show...

Back to topic. There is a show that's somewhat like Harry Potter. I only watched it a few times but it was a tad too similar to the books for me. The show was called "Worst Witch".

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.