Click Here!

Polinues Marines, the would be mage.

WillowDarkling

kylee 2010-07-21 id # 3000157907

Wow! Two intense chapters. Poor Lanja. Her brother Arlathi was so evil to deliberately cause her dress to be ruined. It is too bad that she is getting married to a questionable type of husband. It is only a matter of time till he takes up with his lover again. So Leyjen has found out about Amraeen. It seems that he has accepted that Amraeen had to go. The whole chapter was amazing. Pol has finally claimed Leyjen. As usual, their emotions are so intense. Leyjen seemed to be saying his final goodbye to his relationship with Amraeen. Very hot sex scenes by the way. Good luck with the wedding Darkling Willow. I hope you have a wonderful wedding day and honeymoon.

Yay, Kylee!! Haha, I love that... "questionable type of husband". And yes, Arlathi has rarely been considered a very nice brother.

I did promise you a lot of smexing... so you're welcome.

Thank you so much for the great review.

And the congratulations... Wedding was on the 17th of July, and it couldn't have been more perfect. We only got four days off from work for our honeymoon, so we've just been sitting at home, enjoying leftover cake and doing absolutely nothing. Which was wonderful, but tomorrow it's back to work.

Next chapter should be up this weekend. (I'm not promising, but let's hope I can stick with it)

• 1 month later...

Wow, guys, it's been more than a month since I posted something here, so I think I better. But I've got this feeling the only people who ever check up on this are me and Kylee, so I don't know....

Anyways. I got a request from "Anonymous Sister of the Author", who's username made me laugh so hard, because I only have two younger sisters, asking me to update soon, and I did (kinda). So, I hope ASOTA is a very happy camper at the moment.

Those of you who read the story should know that poor hubby started our marriage by falling off his bicycle and breaking his collarbone, but he's all better now and back at work.

And then there was a little nugget from Kylee,

kylee 2010-07-30 id # 3000158498

This chapter was lots of fun to read. Polinues is so good at being a tease. Leyjen is putting up a good fight but I don't think he will be able to resist Pol seductions for much longer. I can't wait for that. Poor Arlathi is quite the comedic villain. He is so evil and mean, but I have to laugh when I remember that life has played a cruel trick on him, He is destined to be a failure as a mage. It seemed like Charlotta was rather sharp with Leyjen when he arrived. It made me wonder if she had heard some kind of gossip about him and Pol. I hope that no one has found out their secret. Great chapter Darkling Willow. Hope to hear from you soon.

I love that you can see the humour in Arlathi's fate, and that you can laugh at him that way. Let's hope I can keep pleasing you with his character as he develops.

I get a feeling that somebody is holding their breath for things to go down... literally :D And I know you will not be disappointed, darling.

And finally on chapter 39. look who's back with us!!

Everybody wave, :rolleyes:

Teaques 2010-08-19 id # 3000159878

Although I hope Polinues and Owain will be good friends I can't help but hope Owain will not come between Leyjen and Polinues, there seem to be subtle hints of some attraction on Polinues' side. As for the other part of the chapter I find it to be troubling, poor tiensin going through all that, I think that stablehand got exactly what he deserved. nice hint with the scent of roganwood in the end of the chapter

Keep up the good work

Welcome back, Teaques. Oooh, we've got some more Leyjen/Polinues fans here... it's just wonderful how people pick up on things that I haven't even noticed myself. I hadn't realized that Polinues' attraction was that much, but I guess the boy likes... well, his boys.... :P

Good job picking up on that ridiculously vague hint, by the way.

And finally:

kylee 2010-08-20 id # 3000159928

Great chapter Darkling Willow. I still have the image of spitting lizards in my head. Yikes! It is good that Leyjen got rid of that rapist stable hand. He definitely deserved it. Poor Tiensin. I am assuming that Owain was the same guy that Pol was admiring when the executioner family moved in. I hope Leyjen will be friends with him too or there might be some jealousy in the air. Love the new chapter. I have been on vacation and I was so happy to see an update. I hope everything is going well for you.

I hope you had an awesome time on vacation, Kylee.

Was I too vague on Owain being the teen Polinues was admiring when the executioner's family moved in? Damn... I thought it was enough to say that he was the executioner's son, but maybe I could have elaborated on it a little more... sorry. :(

Tihihi... spitting lizards... that one was funny, wasn't it?

And don't worry too much about little Tiensin, he's going to be around for a while more.

So thanks so much all of you for the reviews, and I can't wait to hear from you again.

Love, Willow Darkling.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys. So chapter 42 is up. And I've got reviews for chapters 40 and 41 that I want to thank for.

Thank you, Kylee, for the reviews.

I hope you enjoy the new chapter, and don't worry, you'll get answers to your questions soon.

kylee 2010-09-01 id # 3000160793

Awesome! Blazing hot chapter. The love scene was excellent. I think Pol was definitely ready for Leyjen after all these years. Leyjen is so beautiful and sexy. I really love him so much. I am glad he has finally given in to his desire for Pol. They should enjoy their time together. I love it.

I think you're right that Polinues was ready and his passion will only grow.

I just love how you love Leyjen so much, I honestly wish I could let you meet him... maybe I can let you pet him?... :hug:

Until next time, I'll leave you with our favorite icon.... ;):)

Love, Darkling Willow.

• 4 months later...

Hey, guys.

Wow, it's been four months since my last response and eleven chapters.

As always my gorgeous, faithful Kylee has left me a cookie trail of awesome reviews, and for that I thank you, you amazing lady.

I am really sorry for breaking your heart, but the story must go as was planned :( Have a cookie as a consolation... sorry.

As always I totally adore how fired up you get about Leyjen, and that comment about wishing the death penalty on Wrailan was just hilarious. I hope you will keep reading and trust that it will all end well... in the end.

As for all the other reviewers,

Eatmorefish: Thank you so much for the review, and I hope you will keep reading, because there's plenty left. And please don't hesitate to leave more reviews. Reviews feed the muses, you know, even if it's only a simple "Hey, I read it and liked it." :D

Swordsndaggers: You know exactly what I think of your reviews, hon, so just keep up the good work. :hug:

And to everyone else. Thank you so much for reading, and please feed my muses. I hope I will hear from more of you. :)

Oh, wow... got a review already...

sahari2011-01-14id # 3000169191i love your story and i always wait your chapter and read them religousy

i think your story is the best in aff.

i was crying for leyjen honestly u toture the poor boy since his childhood am tempted to whack u on ur head.

those bastard gwendir and his friend ..i just want u to give u some hours with them i am very versed and knowladgable in the art of toture specialy mid times.

how dare they touch him and how dare they beat my boy( i was there when he was born and cried at his mother death and every little and big thing u flang at him and decied i well be his adobted mother ,he need mothering especialy if certain someone continued maqing his life misrable(glare at willow with murderous gleam in my eyes))

i hope u continue writing about lej please .i love his charcter alot ,u can't make us fell in love with a charcter then swept him away (at temple)

i wish and hope that u write another chapter this chapter was short but rich in content , i want another long chap with rich content.

Ok... first of all... thank you so much for the review, Sahari. I am very happy to hear that you like the story so much, and I promise you there's plenty left.

I will not be sending Leyjen away for good. I will be alternating chapters between him and Polinues. So, you'll get one chapter with Polinues and the next one with Leyjen, and so on.

And second.. please no whacking over the head, please, that might damage something important. :rofl:

But thank you again for being such a devoted reader, and I hope I'll hear from you again. And I hope I'll be able to provide a long rich content chapter soon.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, guys... :D.... I know I'm mostly just talking to myself here, but I'm hoping that someone will take a peek at this and maybe respond... (arches an eyebrow at Kylee, been a long time since I heard from you, dear).

Anyway. I've gotten a few reviews that I want to address, and thank for... and fill you guys in.

Life's been pretty bad these last couple of months, and I let myself get seriously sidetracked by some other things, (*cough*RP*cough*) but honestly, I think I needed the distraction.

I was beginning to lose the passion for "Polinues" and was sort of stuck. And I've been editing the whole thing, so it's easier to read... hadn't even realized it was so difficult to read, so sorry about that.

But now I've got my inspiration back, and chapter 54 will be up soon. Very soon.

But now on to the wonderful reviews I've gotten.

First up is my darling Kylee :)

kylee2011-01-15id # 3000169214Oh My Gosh Darkling Willow! How can all this be happening to poor Leyjen? Even with all this talk of fate, I can't believe that he is going to let all these bad things happen to him. I dont know what kind of future lays ahead for him. Is there really a temple waiting for him after all this abuse or is it all a trap? I really can't believe how much the family has betrayed him after he spent all these years taking care of Pol. I hope Leyjen gets to have his revenge on this guy who is raping him. I have mixed feelings about Gwendir. I understand how he feels but I think he deserves to be paid back as well. I am sure Leyjen has the power to get himself out of this mess but he is just not willing to use it. The only thought I have is that when Leyjen finally does get out of this exile, Wrailan will surely deserve whatever he has coming to him. I am eager to see how Pol is holding up. I can't bear the thought of Leyjen and Pol being separated. For the past few days I have been so desperate when I think of it.

I'm sorry... for always breaking your heart... I have a feeling you're still mad because it's taking so long to updated. I can't tell you anything to ease your mind without ruining the story, but I can promise you, Leyjen will find happiness again. Someday.

Until then I hope you keep reading... and won't hate me too much :D

dextrousleftie2011-01-15id # 3000169254Wow, a lot of questions raised that i'm sure you answer in later chapters. Please do me a favor and separate your paragraphs for the other chapters so that I can read my through them. I'm unholy curious about just what the baby's father was. Also, what she meant by her friend being tested and being declared marred. Want to know what that means, exactly. Anyhoo, good first chapter, quite interesting. -DLdextrousleftie2011-01-25id # 3000170086Interesting second chapter, raises more questions about the boy and his powers. One thing, though - too many commas in places where they aren't needed. It disrupts the flow of the story sometimes. Anyhoo, I'll try to read more later on. Thanks for writing -DL

Thank you, Dextrous, for offering to read my story, and I hope I'll get some good feedback from a fellow writer. I've edited the whole thing now, and I hope it's easier to read now. Please let me know if I should fix it some more.

And thank you for the reviews.

Moon2011-02-09id # 3000171370Ah this was so entertaining. Took me about a week to get through the chapters, it's addictive lol!

Anyways there are some minor grammar mistakes now and then. Very minor, I'll make note of where it happens next time (I just wanted to get to 53 xD) And also you should leave some space between dialogue and paragraphs. I noticed there was barely any in the last 2(3?) chapters. It's hard on the eyes.

Now on to the good stuff.

The relationship between Leyjen and Polinues is so deep. I feel sorry for them whenever something bad happens. But oh well, despite the angst something usually makes up for it.

Except you have given us glimpses into the future and I cannot for the life of me figure out how you're going to get them together again. It was the same thing with the fire. I've been trying all along to figure out how you're going to use that later in the story. Was it to make Polinues' personality more understanding/bitter? Or was it simply to make his blue mark less noticeable?

And the future. The glimpses of the dreaded future. I fear for Leyjen cause he's usually not there. It's like, aaah who is this woman? And aaa where's Leyjen? It's been 53 great chapters and like all the background information is finally unfolding. I'm going to be sad to see such a great story end but at the same time Imma be happy cause I'll know what finally happens. (Yay!)

For the first half of the story I seriously thought this was going to be about Amraeen and Leyjen. And then Leyjen's lover is put aside at the flick of his father's wrist. It kind of foreshadows what happens to Leyjen now since the relationship is the same and there is the fatherly figure(Wrilan) that is still alive. Ready to ruin things of course. D:< I figured something was gonna happen since you decided to give us readers a look with him alone.

Soo... where's Amraeen? :D

I love the development of your characters but I'm having a really hard time picturing them as they are. Like I just can't imagine what Leyjen is in his 'true' form. Maybe you're leaving it up to the reader but I'd like to know how they look like to you. 'Brown hair, brown eyes and tan skin' only gets me so far LOL. It took me absolutely forever to figure out Leyjen had wings and it wasn't like you messing with the wording and having him portrayed as a demon/angel/thing by just saying the shadows looked like that. You really did mean, literally that he had wings. xDDD lol

Anyways, this is such a fantastic story. I'm hooked on it right now. I'm so glad the last chapter wasn't a major cliffhanger or anything or else I would have spazzled out!

I hope you update this now and then, there's nothing worse than never seeing the end of something that has so much potential. You have made a highly creative world with perfectly fleshed out characters. They have their flaws and weaknesses, fears and joys etc, etc~

And one last thing, thank you for taking the time to write the story in the first place, it has served for great entertainment.

Moon. Thank you. I am so awestruck by this that I don't know what to say... other than thank you, thank you, thank you. It means the world to me that you took the time to catch up and the review just about made my week.

Well, for the grammar mistakes, I do apologize, but English isn't my first language so I sort of reserve the right to mess up every once in a while. Sometimes the language just does not want to obey, so I make it do stuff it shouldn't :) I also don't have a beta-reader, so mistakes are bound to slip through.

But please, please point them out to me, if I do make mistakes. I know how annoying it is to read something, and get knocked out of the story, by some silly mistake that just rubs you the wrong way.

The spacing problem had been pointed out to me already, and I've been editing for the past weeks. I have one or two chapters left, and they will be fixed by the time chapter 54 is up.

The fire... well, the scars that Polinues suffered were meant to serve as a tool to mold his personality and character, and to make him more hateful towards humanity. Your question makes me wonder if I didn't write that part well enough.

All questions about Amraeen will be answered soon, like in the next 5 or 10 chapters (depending on how well the story behaves itself).

Also, we are heading into the future now, so most questions about that should be answered eventually. I don't want to give too much away, for fear of ruining the story.

I am very sorry to hear that my descriptions of the characters aren't good enough.

It is true that I tend to leave much up to the reader's imagination, but that is a personal preference because I can't stand it when writers spend half a page giving you minute details about how a character looks. It's just a personal pet peeve. But I will take your words under consideration, and will think about trying to show my characters better.

As for Leyjen's wings.

He only has wings when he allows his true form to come out completely, and the scene with the prophetess (which Leyjen discovered is actually one of the Aaenda = goddess) that was just Polinues' own magical power allowing him to see through the magic that hides Leyjen's true identity at all times. (Bright Beltane Fires II)

Leyjen also can only keep his true form visible for a short amount of time, while he is in a human body.

When his human body dies and his soul goes back to his divine form then he will be in his true form at all times, and can turn to a human form at will.

Most of the Aaenda chose a human form on a day to day basis, but that's just because those wings can become rather cumbersome :D

Thank you again for your wonderful review, and I will update soon. I will also edit those last two chapters, and hope that as I get used to the new RTE uploader, then the paragraphing will be better.

I'm still learning how to use it.

I do hope that all of you will continue reading and that you will enjoy the rest of it.

And that there will be minimal wishes for bloodshed... :D

Thank you all again, Darkling Willow.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.