Click Here!

The Time-traveler's Wife

Guest Madapple

Guest Madapple

Have you read it? How did you feel about it?

What a book, it was good, but heartbreaking. I don't know if i was more sad or angry by the end. This relationship was impossible, in which the wife was the constant while he just flitted in and out of her life. Not by choice, but it doesn't make her predictament any less powerful.

I thought the way it dealt with time was very interesting, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the Wikipedea version, and it sounds like a really good story. Just reading the synopsis involved me in the tragedy. What a writer that girl must be! what a strange concept. I think I'll go to the library one of these days and check it out.

• 5 months later...
Guest sarkivator

I know what you mean, Its such a beautiful book. The first half was a joy to read, and then the second half was painful and so tragic. Seeing Henry wasting away, it was so sad. The one character I despised was Gomez. Having sex with his best friends wife after his death, I really didn;t like him.

Guest Madapple

I thought the ending was interesting. That Harry was able to go through time and visit his daughter, and she him. But after his death, never reappeared to his wife.

• 2 months later...

You wouldn't be referring to Timeless by Solstice Muse, would you?

I read about two chapters of the fic then decided not to continue. The thing is, I haven't read the book yet but I really want to. Once my exams are over, I'll put it on my reservation list with the library. If I happen to find it on the shelf, I'll pick it up. (Then again, the books aren't usually in their proper place).

I have read a lot of fanfics where the person just takes the characters of one fandom and makes them act out the entire story of another fandom. I personally consider that one of the worst type of crossovers there is. Why bother reading the fanfic when I can just read the original story?

It doesn't matter how well written the fanfic is, it still shows an appalling lack of creativity. I won't be able to judge Timeless on the basis of creativity or how well the universes were melded together until I read The Time Traveler's Wife.

Man do I really want to read that book! From what I've heard, it may be one of the few out there that'll hold on to my interest long after I read it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.