Click Here!

Freedom Tower

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Should the families of the victims have control over what goes where the WTC once stood?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the families of the victims have control over what goes where the WTC once stood?

• Yes
    • No
    • ...huh?

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

There's lately been a legal battle going on in NYC as to what should go on the site where the World Trade Center fell. The city wants to put up the Freedom Tower (which is going to be beautiful, though the name makes me think of Oceania...) and the families want something else.

The families of those who died believe that, because of their loss, they should have the final say in what goes on the site.

The government says they have the final say-so 'cause the land belongs to the City of New York.

So, what do you say? Who should get the choose? The Families? The City? The citizens? Your mom?

Guest Adara

I think the citizens of New York should be allowed to decide, after all, it will be on their skyline. I feel the families are simply milking their loved one's death, which I feel is petty and sad.

I think that the Tower alone is a tribute to them and the lifes-blood off all of those who died there. We did not just fall over and give up, we built something else that as you said Pixagi, is beautiful.

Guest Melody Fate
I think the citizens of New York should be allowed to decide, after all, it will be on their skyline.

I agree, especially since the City of New York owns the land too.