Click Here!

Daye's Review Replies

Daye

I like the story

Thanks.

i know this is another story, but is there any possibilities of you continuing bossy in bed? really loved the danni/harry part. anyway your a great writer, love your stories, cheers

Wow. That's an old fic. I'm afraid its not very likely I'll write more of that one. Since there are two multichapter fics I want to finish before I start anything new for AFF. And I'm writing for a LJ fest instead of for either of them at the minute. (oops)

But I'm very happy to know you enjoyed it. It was a bit of an odd one to write as I was an experiment out of my usual style.

Edited by Daye

• 2 weeks later...
Like the story so far, got hooked on Harry/Pansy fics with yers, finished this and the first one in just a couple days, can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks. I'm glad I've broadened your horizons :) Next chapter won't be a for a little while though. I'm taking a break from my AFF fics to do a fest.

Review for Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

Really dude,

its been AGES since u updated. come on and update soon.

I want to know the end of this story, and soon!

Thanks.

P.S. Its an amazing story btw.

Like Dude! i know, dude. But like I say in my profile. I'm not working on AFF fics at the moment. Even after I'm done with the fest, I'm more likely to continue with the other fic first. DTDM will be updated whenever I damn well please.

But thanks for reading. Glad you like it.

• 1 month later...

A new review for Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

My response to the headmaster would have been something in the lines of. "If you want it that way headmaster sure. However since Harry is my husband and it is in my interest to have my husband live, I will quit my position and take my husband with me since I am his legal guardian now and make sure that he receive an education that allows for him to live through this mess that you are making sure that he dies. Good day headmaster." All said with the door open to the office so he can't have locked it and force Dora to reconsider. I do hope that you have her stand up to Dumbledore soon. Also have her inform Harry of Dumbledore making sure that he receives no training. Awaiting more and what you have planned.

:D Well that would be one way of dealing with it. Though would Harry go along with that? Since he's pretty trusting of DD and DD himself is not just going to drop the issue...

Thanks for the review, and glad you're looking forward to more. I can't promise to get around to anytime soon though. I've gone back to school and its filling my time with research and work and revision and all those fun things....

Edited by Daye

• 1 month later...

Comments on my Smutty_Claus gift fic "Substitute My Coke For Gin" featuring Harry/Ginny/Parvati

Glad to see you're writing again, although its kind of depressing to read a fic where Harry ends up with the squalid groupie whore.

Thanks for reading. Sorry the lasting pairing was not to your taste. It was written for an LJ Fest and the giftee was really keen on Harry/Ginny so I was honour bound to write it for him.

Edited by Daye

• 2 weeks later...

Review for Chapter 10 of Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

Ironic timing, since I was reading through some of your Harry/Pansy stuff just last night and started wondering when we might see another chapter of both that and this one.

So it seems Harry didn't really respond to what Ron said at the end of the previous chapter? Regardless, I think their friendship is likely to get worse before it gets better. And Dumbledore obviously cannot be trusted, so he's got something up his sleeve with this offer.

No sexytimes, but this was still an interesting chapter. I look forward to more.

No. No more smut until you've finished your plot. That goes for INJS as well.

... I miss writing smut,

Anyway thank you for you review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Three more reviews for DTDM, Chapt 10;

Excellent as always. Ever considered loading your stories on FicWad or hpfanficarchive? AFF doesn't have author favorite/alert. It's difficult to keep track of updates. Not to mention that you have to fill Captcha for reviewing which puts me off a lot of the time.

Thanks for the review but I have no plans to put up my fics anywhere else.

I don't care what all the faculty says Terry Boot deserved to get his nose broken. It's just too bad Harry didn't know how to throw a punch properly and broke his wrist!

Lol. Thanks to the review. Yeah, Terry's a dick but the faculty can't just let people get punched for that. Otherwise everything falls down.

I do hope that Harry turns down the Headmaster. At the same time Harry should only go to one of the detentions. Just cause Professor McGonagall is upset at him doesn't give her the right to add a detention to make herself feel better. Detention should only be handed out for wrong doings not to make a teacher feel better. I do believe that because of the extra detention then terry Boot should also serve one detention for bad mouthing a teacher, besides his bruised jaw. Fair is fair and if Harry receives a second unfair punishment then so should Terry because that comment should have gave Tonks just cause. I do Wonder when Tonks will being called by her married name and start to force others to call her that as well? Awaiting more.

Actually reading the books, it seems like teachers can hand out arbitrary amounts of punishment.Especially since McGonagall is his head of house. As to Terry. Its probably true that he deserves more punishment. But Tonks is not trying to be actually fair, she's trying to avoid the appearance of being bias towards Harry, possibly by going too far the other way. But dems the breaks,

Thanks for the review. Can't make any promises on a timely update though. Going to go back to the other story for bit a now.

Edited by Daye

• 1 month later...

I'e been a bit lax in responding to reviews lately. Rest assured i do read and appreciate all of them. But if they're just saying 'I like this' I appreciate the sentiment but don't have much to talk about in way of reply.

Honestly, for something I'm reading on an adult fanfiction site I find myself in a real quandary; the Death Eaters as presented in the books simply aren't that smart (nor are they some massively well trained fighting force or any of that crap; the inner circle was held stymied in a running battle by 6 5th years - and also would have problems from being in Azkaban in several cases). Umbridge certainly isn't smart, though she is cruel and ignorant as are the rest so the situation of them showing up and trumping everything as well as the whole being able to almost instantly find the pair of Pansy and Harry at the wedding just doesn't ring true to me.

Also the whole jealous stupid Hermione got old as well... Wards were never covered in canon, for fucks sake we don't even know that there were actually wards at Privet Drive - only that Dumbledore said there were. So reluctantly I'm going to give this a pass at this point. The writing is good to excellent and the sex scenes are well written but the technical side of things I just don't agree with the position we've seen in your story. Best of luck.

Well this is a comment I didn't expect to get. You seem to be saying the bad guys are too competent? The reason they find Harry and Pansy after the wedding is the same reason they find the trio in the cafe in the canon: they said the word 'voldemort' and the taboo the DEs set up fed them their location. As for Umbridge then end of OotS shows that she can set up spell to detect intruders, such as when she catches Harry in her fire place.

I'm not sure I understand your comment on wards. I've mentioned them being set up at several locations mainly the Malfoy's and Parkinson's manor house. Admitted this are details about them that are not in the canon books but make sense to me. Also since I've started to read the Dresden Files my magic systems been influence more and more on that. Which does have Wards and magical thresholds and all sorts of things.

Hope this clears somethings up for you if you're reading this. And i'd love to discuss it further.

Edited by Daye

• 3 months later...

Right, despite my lack of activity of the AFF front. I have still managed to garner three review for this thread;

So far, so good! Looking forward to Chapter 11. :)

Great idea, this - looking forward to the next chapter! :)

This makes a refreshing change from all of those fics where Harry is a magnificent stud who can almost give his girlfriends an orgasm simply by breathing on them; I'll be looking forward greatly to Chapter 11.

And a comment from an old review here on the forum;

Still wishing that you would once again take up Desperate Times.

This a good news/bad news situation.

The good news for me. Is that apparently you all enjoy my writing and plotting even now, quite a while since I started it.

The bad news for everyone is; I don't thinl its likely Desperate Times Desperate Measures will continue further than it has. I know the plot is no where near a conclusion and I know everyone seems to like it. But its more or less run its course for me as far as inspiration goes. It's bad news for the people who've been reading and its very bad news for me because I don't like leaving things undone.

Sorry everyone.

• 1 month later...
Guest AndrewRyan

I know you stated that you have no plans to continue 'Desperate Times Desperate Measures', but do you have any plans to continue 'It's Not Just Sex'?

• 6 months later...

Not used this thread in a while:

From new oneshot 'Morning Larks' from username: Oraldeviant

Promising start, I enjoy the rarer pairings and your style of writing has a good
flow to it.

Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed it. You seemed to have missed the oneshot tag though. The fic has an opening but is still considered complete at this point.

Edited by Daye

more reviews for Morning larks:

that's a cute and entertaining beginning, and it takes the majority of canon
personality and makes it work together while being very believable. they come
off as two people, one in the 'wtf did I do last night' mindset and the other in
the 'i'm going ot live my life and not wallow' mindset who've crossed
paths.

and of course he has to see her again to
get the shirt back, because he's so attached to the shirt.

Must... Have... MORE

I'm so glad you enjoyed the fic. But again I feel compelled to point out that it was a oneshot story.

• 3 years later...

Just the other day. I got three reviews on It's Not Just Sex despite its long dormant state. All from Bob.

I've got no sympathy for Hermione whatsoever. Not even a little bit. She's one of 4 people trying to stop a genocidal maniac who took over a country and is trying to kill everyone she cares about, and she's too caught up in her insecurities and teenage angst to act like something resembling a semi-mature young adult. Pathetic.

Wonderful, Hermione goes off and leaves because of her idiocy, gets caught and taken to Malfoy manner, making everyone else risk their lives and any chance to beat to the badguy in order to go save her ass. Perfect. I'd almost forgot how much I can't stand such stupid decision making. Good chap.

God I can't take it. Harry let them live. Whyyyy. Enemy combatants, rapists, terrorists, people who tortured him and his friends... And then the Harry Pansy issue. Christ. I wish this story would be updated because it's one of the few good H/P out there, but damn if I don't fucking hate where it's gone. Writing itself is good.

Thanks for these reviews! Especially on such an old fic. I'm not totally sure if you liked it or not though. Certainly I can believe my characterisation of Hermione is contentious as she's very much the source of tension and antagonism for some chapters. Though she appears stupid; issues of angst, insecurity do have a powerful effect on people, especially teenagers and especially when under the influence of the Horcrux. (Like Ron in canon) So I hope she is at least understandably stupid.

Harry canonically is unwilling to kill. My version is a bit more pragmatic. He ignites one guy, and blasts another with a body full of splinters just after Bill & Fleur's wedding, he's willing to do potential lethal damage to people while in a fight but the point of the last chapter is he does not want to kill or murder people who are defenceless and already defeated. For moral reasons basically. Again perhaps not practical but still fitting his character and the need for the hero to be better than the villain.

These reviews come while I'm listening to the Deathly Hallows audiobook and am remembering ideas I had for finishing this fic... so long ago. But at this point it might take bone of the father, flesh of a servant and blood of an enemy to get it going again,

Edited by Daye

• 2 years later...

Very unhappy that you wrote a story with no intention of finishing.  This is why I have started not reading stories till completed.  All 3 stories I'm writting have a start, a middle, & a finish.  Just filling in the interactions of the characters.

Well isn’t that just a lovely review.

I had every intention of finishing it when I started it, years ago. Things don’t always work out.

It’s clearly marked as abandoned and was last updated over seven years ago. So that should have clued you in as to the state of the fic

Edited by Daye

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.