Click Here!

Fiction For A "forgotten" Series?

Guest chibi4president

Guest Serenanna

Looking back on A-ko and Yohko, I think both of them were more parodies that serious anime which is why they didn't get attention.

A-ko took alot of hentai cliches and turned them on their ear. Yohko did about the same thing, but tackled mild hentai and the whole magical girl genre happening back then. I think that's part of why fandom's never formed, because it was subtle borrowing unlike the sheer wackiness of Excel Saga which was pure parody.

You know, I don't think I read that fic, BS. Got a link?

I remember Outlaw Star! Gene made scars so . . . hot. And the fact that he got naked and in bed with a girl in the first or second episode. It just proved his hetero bending, which killed most yaoi, being surrounded by an almost all female cast and one cute kid did it too. Then Angel Star came out, the supposed continuation in the same universe, and it . . . was not to hot. (There's obscure anime for you. Now anyone remember Lost Universe too?)

Ok back on topic, current obscure anime. Saikano anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Sere

Guest Big Samurai

I don't have a link handy, but it's still in the ASMR 'H' archive, assuming that still exists. If not, I can always e-mail a TXT copy, since I read that back in the day when I saved all the 'fics that I liked for fear that they would vanish from the Internet.

Outlaw Star is cool, of course, but I was unaware of any sequels! How recent are those, Ms. Sere? I know I've not seen them released Stateside.

Sai Kano, meanwhile, is my all-time favorite anime, such that I would never write 'fic for it because, to me, it already hits all the right notes, and it leaves nothing more to be said. That's just my personal opinion, though. It's one of the best, most painful love stories I've ever seen.

Guest Serenanna

::points to profile:: E-mail addy's right there, and yes, the ASMR archive still exists to my knowledge. It was how I found a copy of Interlude again.

And it was Angel Links, not Angel Star that was the spiritual sequal to Outlaw Star. >.< I got confused when I posted that.

ANN.net Encyclopedia for the Win!

It was released about one year after Outlaw Stars TV run I think. Not too sure. I'd have to dig through my old Animerica's to tell you. I keep just about everything anime related. I know I have the full run of Mixxzine and Smile somewhere boxed up. I don't know if there's fansubs out there for it still. Knowing my brother, I bet he has it burned somewhere from the days before torrents.

happy.gif Good to meet another Saikano fan. I managed to wrestle all 7 volumes of the mangs from my brother, and loved it too. You're right. It's one series that doesn't demands fanfiction, just love. biggrin.gif

Sere

Guest CreepingKate
Can't believe I missed this topic.

, I read more manga than I do anime if only because my brother holds it all hostage because he downloads it all for the both of us. v.v Brothers.

(Sere: You have a really cool brother. One is indifferent to anima/manga, the other hates it.)

Really obscure anime, ok. Project Ako anyone?

OMGawrsh! Projekt A-ko! I think the movie was only the 2nd anime I'd ever seen after Akira, some movie channel (can't remember what it was) was showing anime movies once a week. Fortunately, that was also my parent's bingo night laugh.gif so I could cook my pizza and eat it in peace while glued to the TV.

Lessee, you want REALLY obscure? What about Mermaid Forest? I only know of it's existence because a pen pal into comics and manga sent me one issue of it years ago.

Guest LadyNightshade
OMGawrsh! Projekt A-ko! I think the movie was only the 2nd anime I'd ever seen after Akira, some movie channel (can't remember what it was) was showing anime movies once a week. Fortunately, that was also my parent's bingo night laugh.gif so I could cook my pizza and eat it in peace while glued to the TV.

Lessee, you want REALLY obscure? What about Mermaid Forest? I only know of it's existence because a pen pal into comics and manga sent me one issue of it years ago.

I LOVE the Mermaid series! Mermaid Scar, Mermaid Forest! Those were among the first Manga I ever actually read.

Guest Big Samurai

(E-mail sent, Ms. Serenanna. Enjoy!)

The Mermaid series of manga has recently been rereleased in a different format, actually, so everybody can now enjoy the only short manga Takahashi Rumiko ever did, heh.

Let me throw out another semi-obscure one for you: Five Star Stories. The anime was just released Stateside in the last year or two, I think, but that OAV is only the tip of an iceberg the size of South America. Anybody heard of this wonderful piece?

• 3 months later...
(There's obscure anime for you. Now anyone remember Lost Universe too?)

I still have Lost Universe in VHS. I absolutely love Milly Nocturne!

BTW, talking about your Mai-HiME request, I have an idea for a lemon starring a couple very rarely touched at all in any sort of fanfiction, but still quite logical to me. I'm working on it.

• 4 weeks later...

I say write what ever you want. I haven't heard of RK, but it sounds pretty popular. It's not prerequisite to write only for shows still on the air, otherwise there'd be no Gundam Wing fiction out there! (if only lol)

I wasn't sure if anyone was going to read my Perfect Dark Zero fanfiction, but apparently it's had 760 hits!

So, if you have ideas, go for it! I'm sure they'll be a fair few people out there who will read whatever you do. wink.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.