Click Here!

Didya Ever Have A Weird Dream?

StoryJunkie

I dreamed I was this guy getting it on with this chick on the river bank. The dream struck me so profoundly, I still remember it decades later. This dream was the only one that made me question my preferences. I was a really hot guy, and she wasn't trying very hard to fight me off. But I often wondered if I picked up some past life or something, or what? I'm not the type of gal that likes other gals. It was very erotic. I wonder if anyone else has had cross-gender dreams?

If I'm treading on something too personal, just to let you know, I respect that. A couple of my one shots are dreams I've had

Office Mess

OH Brother

YOu've probably read these already...

Guest ChibiShiva

I had one this morning... really weird dream. Note that my major activities today were work, dentist, games, and some search on Rammstein (as people often ask if they're nazi...).

was that I had gone to a job with another of my aunt and uncle, who had passed at the hospital because I had to take X-rays. The doctor said they were going to schedule me for a surgery right now, but yet... I went to work.

I met a friend of mine (whom I don't even know in real life O_o') then went to work... in a Ewok-like in the middle of Montreal.

Next thing I remember is that I'm playing Guild Wars, but I AM the character, and we're playing volleyball with our heads. I score, and Hitler is mad at me. I kill him, but I want to make sure he's really dead, so I keep going under the thunder and electrocuting myself.

Weird eh? *laughs*

Well, I've had a gender-bending dream once. In it, I was a girl and it made absolutely no difference. I just went through the day like I always do; reading, gaming, writing, stuff like that. Except I was a girl.

It was a very nice dream, actually.

Oh, and then there was this one dream where I was, as they say, getting it on with the goddess Athena. That was weird.

Guest Melody Fate

My friend would tell you that these dreams are because you've been a guy in previous lives. Then again, she tells me that my husband and I were identical twins in a previous life. She loves the previous life theory and uses it to to explain lots of things from dreams to why good people get screwed over.

I have had dreams where I've been a man, but never a sexual dream. It's always something like I'm a guy and I'm mowing the lawn or milking cows. Once I was driving a school bus.

I'd like to have a dream where I was a guy having sex. Just to see what it was like.

Guest Big Samurai

cool.gif

Funny that Athena is one of my patron goddesses, Wotan. Hands off!

As for gender-bending dreams, it happens. I've been a woman in mine a couple of times, though, unfortunately, never for sexual purposes. The brain likes to fool around when it's not in active use.

Guest ChibiShiva

I've been a man once; back when I was really into Tekken, I had a dream where I was Hwoarang having sex with Jin. I can remember touching my cock and everything... that was just weird as hell.

But the good kind of weird, considering I'm a huge yaoi fan.

Plus in my last dream, my GW character IS male, and I was him. But that was far from being sexual (volleyball with Hitler yeah...)

Guest lightgoddess

I myself have never had a gender bending dream, and I would be inclined to say something like that might have been a past life memory or something. No, my weird ass dreams (and I chalk them down to being a product of my over active imagination) include things like:

Laddy the horned snake! blink.gif Laddy was a Desert Hroned Viper with rattle snake markings and red eyes being presented to me by a weird Soctsman in a kilt. He was bugging the piss out of me to 'meet his friend Lad'. The damnable snake was wrapped around his arm with its head in his palm and Mr. Scotsman kept insisting that I wanted to hold 'his friend'. ph34r.gif

and

Sitting around a bonfire in the dark with an ancient looking American Indian man drumming. What of the landscape I could see what reda nd rocky like Mars. I remember asking him a quesion and the fire leaping up and him disappearing.

Laddy was definately weirder, though...

Two of my stories are actually based on dreams.

The first is Trelkoara, in the Originals/Erotica section (too lazy for links)

and the second is Dreams of Death (duh) in the Originals/Fantasy section.

Guest DarkVampWriter

Well I had a dream last night that I scratched a lottery ticket, from a Texaco gas station. It was a good dream because by the time I was done scratching the ticket I had won $500. I woke up this morning with a big ass smile on my face. happy.gif You know they say dreams sometimes are omens. I think I am going to go buy me a lottery ticket *drives off*

Guest Serenanna

I've actually had those premonitions in dreams, moments of deja vu, and the rest of my family thought I was crazy. I'd think I was crazy too if I didn't know I can be definition of serious and sane sometimes. But then again I've had my share of weird dreams too. The latest was one where I felt I was in a hospital in an episode of Grey's Anatomy, and well . . . I'm pretty certain I dreamed my first case of recieveing cunnilingus, multiples and all, from a sexy doctor no less who I could have sworn was the spirit of a guy I like.

But then the dream interrupted it. >.< Damnit! I want to go back there!

On the bright side, afterwards my writing picked up addition flavor. tongue.gif

Sere

Guest vorheesfan07

This is going to sound extremely weird, but I assure you, every word is true.

A while back, I had the weirdest dream. I was in this bar, drinking something that reminded me of beer. I remember the bar was made up of mahogony wood.. I had blonde hair , slicked back, and my index finger on my left hand was broken. I knew I was a high-ranking military official, but what rank I never found out.

Anyhow, I was drinking, and this woman came up to me. She began to seduce me, and took me to a back room. She and I then stripped and began having sex with each other. Just as she reached orgasm, a man rushed in and began taking pictures. I stood up, enraged, and addressed her as Mata Hari after calling her some very colorful names.

I AM DEAD SERIOUS. I REMEMBER HOW THE BEER TASTED, I REMEMBER HOW THE BAR LOOKED, I REMEMBER HOW MATA HARI SMELLED ,I REMEMBERED EVERYTHING AND HAVE THE DREAM TWICE OR MORE A MONTH. I AM SCARED SHITLESS THAT I AM SOME REINCARNATION AND THAT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME BECAUSE I AM CATHOLIC. EVERY WORD OF THIS IS TRUE, I SWEAR IT.

Spooky, ain't it?

YEs, and weird, too

Usually when I experience a dream of a sexual nature, I wake up right when the good part happens. (Or, not so good, like that time with the strange penis-shaped mushroom in my gardern---don't ask!)

I happened to have studied dream interpretation in a few psychology classes. Here's some analysis.

Several of you have mentioned dreams of sex. Well, generally speaking, dreams of sex mean that you feel your life is going the way you want it to. The exception to this is a case of rape; you feel that you're forcing life too much to make it right.

Others have mentioned gender-bending stories. The male side is the constructive, rational, agressive aspects of one's personality. The female is the intuitive, creative, nuturing, emotional aspects of one's personality. Being either one says that you are getting in touch with these aspects of your personality.

Storyjunkie:

"Office Mess" is basically telling you that you think things are absolutely horrible now, but they're not. They could be worse.

"OH, Brother" - Mert is basically telling you that you're not paying attention to the lessons life is giving you. Things are going the way they're supposed to be going.

Chibisilva:

This one required me to research through some books.

The first part is telling you to look within and discard some thoughts and ideas which are hindering your growth. The second part is the actual eradication of these thoughts and ideas.

Meldoy Fate:

Dreams of driving are about how much control you feel you have in life. Since it is a schoolbus, it says you are focusing a lot of energy in this matter. However, I would need to know much more, such as the direction you were going, the speed, were there any accidents, etc.

Lightgoddess:

Snakes are creative energy and life forces. Here your masculine aspects are trying to get you in touch with your creativity.

The Native American is a deep subconscious symbol. Drumming is the pulse of life, and fire burns away the illusions.

DarkVampWriter:

Winning something isn't necessarily an omen of things to come. This dream basically means that you feel there are big changes occuring in your life (the more money, the bigger the change.)

Voorheesfan07:

Alcohol means that you are blinding yourself to the truth. The truth is your life is going the way it's supposed to, but you don't seem to realize that.

Of course, as Freud noted, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." So take everything with a grain of salt if it doesn't feel right.

As for dreaming itself, I've had practically every kind of dream under the sun. Example: in the mid 1970's, I had a dream of walking up a flight of stairs next to an indoor courtyard where there was a small stream flowing over a bunch of bricks. In 1986, I saw this place for real, as it was the U.N.T. union courtyard. Even weirder: The place was built in the mid 1970's, finishing in 1975.

I've also had times where I remember 3 dreams in a row (since the average person has 8 or so dreams a night.) So far, only my father seems to have this occur to him as well. Everyone else thinks I'm lying when I say this.

Here's a recent example of this:

In part I I was in a nightclub where the band The Old 97's were playing their song "Big Brown Eyes." The concert was being filmed and I was walking around the place. The crowd was very small (only about 10 or so people) and onstage, I noticed that Rhett Miller had shaved his head.

In part II I'm suddenly in a theater where the movie showing the opening credits. This had kids stealing bicycles. The song "Koi no Mahou" was playing, but it was being done by the B-52's. The movie's opening credits said it had two different opening themes done by three different artists.

Now to be fair, here's the analysis:

The concert is the music of life and the song being played bemoans my lack of a girlfriend (which I don't have, btw.) Rhett having shaved his head is me being honest with myself; I really should get a girlfriend. The kids stealing bicycles means that time has stolen my youth away from me; I'd better get a move on in finding someone else if I'm ever going to do so. (Then again, it's very hard to find someone around here who's not a gold digger.) sad.gif

Wow, Quamp, you've been spying on us! laugh.gif

That's incredible. Did you use Jung's theory of dream interpretation, or just that plus instinct? I remember having this dream about my teeth falling out, and some old wive's tale says it means that someone will die. (No body did, not that I recall) So I always have an ear to the ground.

The really screwy dreams are when you are awake!

Hey, I didn't know girls dug you, You are really a surprising fellow. And here I thought you were just a geek like the rest of us.

Man, I feel really left out, I rarely remember my dreams. Only the once in a while, totally freaky. Way back, I had a dream that all these dead people, Shaun of the Dead types, were EVERYWHERE...and nobody cared. I got home and a couple family members were there and I said, "don't you realize what's going on?" I mean, I had to get past some of these zombie things in my driveway and hallway. Freaked me out for a couple of days.

A couple of months later, I had another dream, that I had to barricade myself with supplies in my bathroom because THEY were out there, but I knew I'd be okay in a couple of days. About a month later...the Perisan Gulf war started and the news was showing how people in Israel were creating "safe rooms" in their homes, because of scud missiles. I saw some pics in Time magazine of burnt out tanks and dead Iraqi soldiers, very similar to my dreams.

I chalked the whole thing up to being aware of the news coming from that area and subconsciously thinking, we're going to war. Ever since then, every weird dream I have, I'm able to go back and ask, what did I read, hear, see, talk about recently? The pieces fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. A few times, I had dreams that my teeth were crumbling and falling out. Why? I had broken a tooth, needed a crown, expensive. Later, when I had a huge car repair, tooth dream again. The losing teeth represented money concerns, because the first big expense was the crown. I'm so boring and rational with these things.

As far as dreams go, I have had some crazy ones.

One I remember very vividly was that I returned home from some far-away place for a family gathering and could not understand why my Dad wasn't there. After I asked several times, my Mom finally told me that he'd died and they'd just buried him that morning.

The next thing I knew, I was standing next to the mound of fresh dirt that was my Dad's grave, wondering why no one told me or even seemed to care. That really bothered me because I have a very tight-knit family and my Dad is very much alive. I woke up still feeling sick with grief and astounded at the apathy my family displayed in the dream.

I have also experienced the gender-bending sort, much like some of you have described. In some, the setting is very vague and only the emotions and sensations matter, but I'm still very aware that I am the man in the situation. It's almost as though I'm studying every aspect of the action even as I'm experiencing it.

In other dreams where I find myself the man, I am usually the seducer. I instigate the proceedings, teasing and luring until I get what I want. Regrettably, just before I get what I want, I usually wake up.

The masculine dreams are always highly erotic. In the dream, I rarely wonder why I am a man. The knowledge is understood, as are the motivations behind my actions. I have no way of knowing if the sensations I feel as a man in my dreams are really the same as a man feels, nor have I explored the theory that they may be related to past lives. I am a firm believer in reincarnation, so the notion is plausible. I guess I’ve just never thought much about it.

Of course, the sexually charged dreams where I’m a woman are always highly erotic as well. wink.gif I do have another question to pose the panel, much on the same topic.

Has anyone else experienced voyeuristic dreams? I remember several where I was a participant, but I was not viewing the proceedings through my eyes, but from a third perspective, almost like a movie. I have also had some dreams where I am not involved at all, just watching strangers--they are usually strangers--from the sidelines. Sometimes they are simply there for my viewing pleasure. Other times I feel like a field researcher, taking mental notes and analyzing the contestants’ speed and ingenuity, if you will, while remaining neutral emotionally. I am curious if anyone else has experienced similar things.

Back to the original question:

Oddly enough, I have had sexual dreams where I was a man. I would either be doing another man or a woman. I actually woke up from most of those dreams aroused, so I think I must have felt some physical sensation throughout the dream.

I've also had non-sexual dreams where I was a man. Sometimes I retain my own personality. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes it's certain factors but not others.

As for physical appearance, I've only turned into the male version of myself once. Usually, I look similar to one of my cousins or not like me at all.

The closest I've ever come in real life is playing a male role in a school play. I have PCOS and decided to not treat my facial hair for a few months. I was really self-conscious when going out in public, but now I'm a lot more self-confident and the physical aspects of PCOS don't bother me as much anymore. It was a valuable experience.

I also have premonitive dreams. If something is going to go wrong with a future trip, I usually dream about it before it happens. If something bad is going to happen to someone close to me, it'll come in a dream. It's freaky, but I've never had any of these dreams go wrong.

I think that it's a combination of being intuitive and naturally obervant.

----------------

My latest weird dream: I'm sleeping over at my uncle's mansion, and only one of my cousins is there that night. I'm a tourist over 18 with ID, so a hotel sells me alcohol. We drink but we remain sober. Later, we're tired and we go to sleep on his bed, because we both have a cuddling problem. The cuddling turns into play-wrestling, and eventually we have really hot sex.

All right, then. This uncle is actually my dad's cousin, who was adopted by my paternal grandfather, so he and my dad were practically brothers. This means said cousin is technically my first cousin by law but my second cousin by blood. He's hot, he thinks I'm hot. Tourists and foreigners-in-residence can drink in this country as long as they're 18, but for natives it's illegal. He and I are the same age, and we have slept in the same bed, cuddled, and play-wrestled.

HOWEVER, there is nothing sexual going on between us. We rarely get to see each other in person because we live on opposite sides of the planet, but we're good friends who are comfortable discussing pretty much anything.

Now the question is, should I tell him about this dream? It's repeating itself, so I can't dismiss it that easily.

Guest TricksterKitsune

I've never really had a sexual dream. Well, at least not one I can remember (damn! laugh.gif ). But I've certainly had dreams where I'm male.

I do remember my most recent dream. It's nothing sexual and it was kind of creepy. First, a little back story that may have caused this dream.

I live in an area that rarely has tornatos. As in, the last tornato that actually formed was in the '80s. However, two weeks ago, there was a F1 tornato about a half hour away from where I live. It caused quite a bit of damage since it went through an area with a busy mall, a thruway, and a big shopping district. It flipped over a big truck and the friend's dad got stuck waiting for the truck to be moved. Now, the dream.

I was in a car with my friend and her parents going to a nearby mall. The sky is starting to get dark and the wind is picking up. When we get to the mall and are walking into the building, I look back toward the car and there is a tornato in the distance. At the time, I wasn't very freaked out. I called my parents to tell them to go to the basement and not to forget to take the cats, my birds, and my hermit crabs with them.

When we get into the mall, I finally start to freak out about the tornato. I could feel my dream-self's heart racing and body shaking. We end up hiding in a elevator that got stuck between floors (though, there isn't an elevator in the dream-mall, much less more than one floor. however, the mall where the real tornato hit has two floors and a glass elevator.)).

When I woke up, I was pretty scared, even though it was just a dream. I hate dreams where you wake up scared...

I've never really had a sexual dream. Well, at least not one I can remember (damn!  ). But I've certainly had dreams where I'm male.

Patience, Grasshopper, the dreams, they will come.

My husband used to write every single dream down, even the ones in the middle of the night. He filled a shelf full of journals (they're gone now, housefire) He said he didn't notice that he had dreams until he started doing this, then he was surprised by how much he did dream.

As for me, like in any story, I am all the characters. Usually, for sexual ones, I focus mostly on the woman's experience, although there are some really Weird dreams I've had, like the one of The Three Guys (Chapter 6) where I am a bird. (warning, intensely personal)

I often dream about tornados too, usually there are multiple tornados and they are chasing me about. I've read that this means you are worried about something and I have noticed that I tend to have these dreams when I'm really stressed out about something.

I did have one gender-bender dream (that I remember) it was over a decade ago and I was having sex with a woman on an open, white-carpeted staircase in a lovely (expensive) house with huge windows. It was so vivid that it seemed completely real. Past life perhaps - who knows?

I also have a reaccuring dream about a huge old mansion that has tons of hidden rooms and passages in it. The layout is such that it had to have been built peicemeal or by a crazy architect. And I'm always vaugley afraid, like I'm hiding from somone or something. I think it's haunted.

OK. Goofiest dream I can remember.

I was laying in bed. I couldn't move. I couldn't make a sound. I was completely terrified. Why? Because, hovering over my bed, in very menacing fashion, were... (wait for it)

The shirts of The Lovin' Spoonful!

That's right, the shirts with those wide horizontal stripes worn by folk rockers, The Lovin' Spoonful. The Spoonful weren't in them, it was just their shirts. I still don't know what brought that one on.

In another one, my house was broken into by a teenage hermaphrodite. After its penis split lengthwise into four sections and fell off, I blackmailed the now female burglar into sex for not calling the cops.

Those are old dreams from years ago. Lately my dreams have been very boring.

Over the last several months, I've had four dreams about a pretty teller that works at my company bank.

In the first one we talked about how to say her name. Wrong.

In the second one, she got to giggle at me when an elderly woman bent me over backwards to ask me something.

In the third one, she was sad and I said something comforting.

In the fourth we talked with another customer about some odd things and she showed me a newspaper article where she had been hospitalized for an acid burn and her name was changed when they took her in.

Another recent dull one: I dreamed I did laundry.

I'm sure Quamp will have fun with those dreams, you guys. I wonder what tornados and falling off penises mean? (Goes looks up the "Dial of All Answers" and gives it a spin. The pointer is pointing at....anxiety. A great deal of anxiety.)

I've had so many weird dreams it's ridiculous. Probably one of the freakiest one I've had was one where I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and spiders start crawling out of my underwear. I toss them on the floor, run out of the bathroom, turn around, and my panties turn into this giant spider that hisses at me. I have some bad arachniphobia, so you can imagine how much this freaked me out.

Some of my dreams from when I was younger were freakier than some of the ones I have now. One involved me walking through the forest, finding a log cabin, only it looked like a nightclub on the inside. My dad and my grandfather were talking to this man who had glowing orange eyes. I look away, then look back, and the man had a dogs head and was talking normally. And neither my father nor my granfather noticed.

I also dreamed a scene from Final Destination...only it was years before it came out. I remember watching that movie, seeing the exact same scene that I dreamed when I was 12, and thinking 'oh holy shit'.

Those would be the 3 strangest dreams I've ever had.

Guest Agaib

I very recently had a unusually strange dream.

It started out with Me standing inside this huge church lke place. It looks like I'm at a funeral of some sort. Inside of My dream I seem to recognize everyone there but after waking I realized all those people were made up. I also thought about the man who had died, interestingly, I seemed to know him also, but as far as I know he doesn't exist. An orchestra started playing some music and some singing started for the ceremony but I noticed the words were completely out of place for a funeral. The music sounded very comical, for some reason I seemed to remember the dead man as having a powerful sense of humor so the dream ended with My crying from grief of his death, and laughing from his final joke.