Click Here!

Of Dreams and Dust

AnonGrimm

Title: Of Dreams and Dust

Author: AnonGrimm

Summary: Doctor Octopus attempts to reclaim his dream of solving the world’s energy problems, two years after he fails to die in the destruction of his fusion reactor. That sacrifice, which saved New York City, was presumed to be the death of him. Shocked to find himself alive after all, he slips off to Chicago and creates a new persona; but the drive to continue the dream is barely alive in him. Tortured by memories of his dead wife, and the deaths of others he killed in New York, he flounders – until he meets a young mutant girl as troubled as himself, as wounded as himself, who needs his help… and may hold the key to his dream.

Rating: Adult++

Pairings: Doc Ock/Original Character

Feedback: I'd love to hear from you. If you have a question or would like to discuss the story, I will check here periodically and reply as soon as I can. Please review the story in the review panel, too; but I can't reply to you there, so look here for a response afterward.

Story URL: http://comics.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600005327

Thanks!

The following are my replies to reader reviews (I didn't want the answers to your questions and comments to be lost):

2006-07-27

Hi Tepes! Yes W.R.R. is a wonderful poet! *wink, nudge* Thanks for the review. This one has quite a few chapters to go yet, and I'll try to update it soon. Love ya, Anon.

2006-11-27

Hey, thank you, Demos, very much! This story hasn't gotten much notice up to now, though it remains one of my faves that are currently "in progress". And I agree on not calling the Doc a villain. I prefer him, in fact, to anything Marvel's got except for Wolverine, and they both are better than most comic characters in general, across the various companies, IMO. The movie Spidey 2 really brought Ock to life for me, though, and inspired this tale. For once, his backstory and his tentacles made more and better sense. Of course, it's the tortured psyche that I adore best (no surprise, it's why I love Logan, too). But thank you so much for the wonderful compliments, especially concerning the tentacles. I'm not mechanically minded, per se, so they were a welcome challenge, and it's good to know the effort paid off. I do intend to get back to this and update. I have chapter 8 about 1/4 done, and the story is currently plotted out to end after chapter 11. But if it has an audience, I'll have to get chapter 8 up to speed! Eventually, Wolverine will show up in living color here, of course, and it is my intention to someday start a sequel to both this story and my concurrently running Wolvie story, which will pair Logan and the Doc on a new adventure to rescue their respective ladies. I'll apologize in advance for updates taking so long, too. I'm juggling 9 "in progress" fan fics, and one original novel, and time is stretched, most days. =) So until the next chapter update, thanks again for reading and reviewing! You've made my day! - Anon.

2006-12-31

Nefertari22, I do apologize for the no updates situation on this story. I am working on edits for it, and that can take a while. My only excuse is that I'm juggling 9 "in progress" fan fics and one original novel, and trying to give equal time to all. Plus, I work on the ones the muse inspires me for on a given day, so sometimes one story can fall behind a bit. I was sorry to see that happen to this one, as Doc Ock is a fave of mine, but also, no one seemed to have noticed it in here, so I assumed I could let it sit awhile and work on others. Now that I have at least 3 people reading, I will step up efforts for the new chapter as soon as I can. But it makes my day to know that you sat and read this monster in one go! And the review is greatly appreciated, too. Knowing what you all think helps intensely. There are a handful of chapters left yet on this story, and Wolverine will drop in at least once more, too. If you like Wolverine, you might try reading "Shattered Silence". That's my Wolvie/Jean tale, also a "work in progress", but several chapters are written over there, too. Both that story and this one will eventually have a mutual sequel in which Wolvie and Doc Ock go on an adventure. In the meantime, I promise to work on the new chapter for this story. It inspires the muse to know that people are eager to read further! Hugs, Anon.

2007-06-23

Hi 1337 Fuxxor, akaKinky Penguin! And thanks for the tip! I've never moved a fic in here before, so maybe I'll ask the Powers That Be how to go about that. I hope you like the story! Hugs, Anon.

Edited by AnonGrimm

2008-06-26

Hi Orlitza2000, Yes, I'll be continuing this one eventually. I finally updated my AVP story, and now I need to update this one, my Texas Chainsaw, and my Wolverine story, too. Thanks for reading and reviewing, though, and I'll try to update these stories soon. My only excuse is being super busy, an old excuse, but a true one. =) As for Doc Ock being sexy, I always liked him since I was a kid, but when Alfred Molina played him in Spiderman2 ... yowza! - Anon.

2009-12-28

Okay - my AVP story is completed now, and I'm working on edits on my remaining incomplete stories. Wolverine's has two chapters left, my Texas Chainsaw tale has about six chapters to go, and this Doc Ock tale has about 3 left to go. Doc Ock has been moved over to the comics section as well, since I'm told that's where most of the Spiderman universe action is. In any event, I will finish these last three incomplete stories, never fear. As always, thank you all for your patience! - Anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Edits have been posted in all chapters. I am now wrapping up the edits for my Wolverine story, and then I can continue work on edits for my Texas Chainsaw tale, as well. I am working on updates right after that, but edits are a great way to re-immerse myself in the stories after a long absence from them. Thanks for your patience! - Anon

• 2 weeks later...

Edits posted in chapters 1, 6, and 7 due to my geography research of Chicago being off. I'm afflicted with this "got to get it right" obsession (call it a branch-off of my OCPD, haha) that leads me to fix this stuff anyway, whether anyone but me ever notices the difference or not.... Yeah, right down to which bus line Otto should be jumping onto the roof of according to where he is at the time! (I confess unabashedly that I LOVE research. I know, I'm an über nerd).

Also, this story just demanded another chapter during the edits phase, so there will be 4 left to go now; and yes, I'm trying to actually get to updating a new chapter. As always, dear readers, thanks for your patience!

Thanks,

Anon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Hanako Cinnamon! Actually, I've been laboring away at the new chapter 9 of this story all week, whenever I could snatch some time. It's 21 pages now, and 3/5th of the way done (each chapter having 5 sections, I've only got two left to go). Once it's done and posted, I'll have some minor edits to post in chapters 1,3, and 4, too. This story will have three more chapters to go after that until it's completed. Thanks again, for reading and reviewing! - Anon

• 3 weeks later...

The new Chapter 9 is posted! *whew* It's 30 pages long, too. Three more chapters to go on this tale, and then it'll be completed. I hope you all enjoy it, and please let me know what you think by reviewing? Thanks! - Anon

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.