Click Here!

Can Someone Be This Desperate For Attention?

NightScribe

Don't tease poor old ladies! I'm blushing like crazy and I don't know why. I just posted a couple of chapters and looked up a couple of old friends. Now I really want to see this infamous fic. I will. ..wait a tic...never mind, gone now. I will relentlessly browse. Let the world fall apart as it may. I doesn't need my silly superpowers to keep it on track anyway...er, anyone seen my haldol lying around anywhere? (Good God, my face still feels hot)!

EDIT: you don't mean that 16 slash 18 year old I shook my finger at? Sheesh!

EDIT: was it that fic whose main character was Yuhi? That bitch-slapping comment I made?

EDIT: Aserenity? That reivew on Finky's stufff? "Worst Story Ever?" But that was left there in Jan, so...Is she still kicking around? She left me one reivew, but had nothing to do with what I wrote. She can call me all the names she wants. Shit happens. got off on the wrong foot there, man. Maybe she's right. Maybe I am 15. (Checks wrinkles) Well, I'm a very OLD 15.

EDIT: did you mean qutie1? ph34r.gif I admit nothing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You showed amazing self control there.

Pixagi, my good woman, are you implying that I...I left that review? I deny such a charge, or accusation! <feigning righteous indignation> Any comments regarding that review should be directed to Herr Gruber.

StoryJunkie, a few people have wanted the link, but I've held off, til now. Screw it, here it is:

Bad Fic-Boffo Reviews

I don't recommend trying to read the actual story, unless you're into self abuse. The reviews are funny as hell, though, in a pathetic sort of way.

I know of a couple other fics that are absolutely AWFUL. I've seen reviews left begging the authors to leave the site. Now, that's pretty bad. I just wish I'd stop finding these things.

Guest Melody Fate
I know of a couple other fics that are absolutely AWFUL. I've seen reviews left begging the authors to leave the site. Now, that's pretty bad. I just wish I'd stop finding these things.

Wow, that is pretty harsh. I'm finding this whole situation amusing as hell, but I'd never go so far as to beg someone not to write. The choice is always up to the reader if he/she wants to read a story. It annoys me when readers come across as if they've been "cheated" into reading something. If you can't figure out within the first few paragraphs if a story is worth your time, then it's you who has a problem, not the writer.

I can see telling someone they might want to consider another hobby. I can see telling someone they need to improve and how to go about doing that. But I can't see begging someone to never post again. It's always an option to just ignore someone. The attitude of "Your bad fiction ruins my day!" that I see floating around irritates me. No one forces anyone to read any peice of fanfiction. Writers might beg, "Plz, plz, plz RR, plz!" but the reader always has the option of turning away.

Now, if someone send you their story and says, "Please read this!" then all bets are off. They've requested you, specifically, read their work. Then you have every right to tell someone, "Don't you ever send me anything else again!"

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Gee golly wiz! I can't tell it was reviewed a couple of times by the same person! Even though two people spelt beautiful "beatiful" in two consecutive reviews with two consecutive numbers! [/blatant sarcasm]

EDIT! My god... Do you know how you get caught reviewing your own stuff? Making the same mistakes, grammatical and spelling, repeatedly. ESPECIALLY twice in a row.

Guest Melody Fate
Gee golly wiz! I can't tell it was reviewed a couple of times by the same person! Even though two people spelt beautiful "beatiful" in two consecutive reviews with two consecutive numbers! [/blatant sarcasm]

Nooooo, you missed the point! That doesn't mean SHE wrote the reviews, instead it means that her fans LURV her work so much that they have decided to model their spelling upon hers! It's a TRIBUTE to her that they all embrace this new form of spelling so similar to the author.

And the consecutive numbers can be explained too. Her story is so loved that people hang on line, constantly reloading the page 24/7 waiting for her to update. The moment she does, they fratically read the story and rush to comment. THAT'S why they're all consecutive numbers!

Now if you excuse me, I have to go buy that bridge someone's been trying to sell me.

Nooooo, you missed the point! That doesn't mean SHE wrote the reviews, instead it means that her fans LURV her work so much that they have decided to model their spelling upon hers! It's a TRIBUTE to her that they all embrace this new form of spelling so similar to the author.

That's the funny part! I actually tried reading through the first chapter and there were very few spelling mistakes! She just doesn't know what the fuck GRAMMAR is! So, i'm speculating she has spellcheck and actually has the word processor go through her stories and correct the errors because the only place horrible spelling errors are evident (that I saw) were in the reviews! Now, I know my spelling can be horrible, but come on! At least have them mispell words in new and exciting ways for variety! It would be hell of a lot less obvious, at least!

I left a positivly evil review... :: slaps own wrist :: Bad Pix, bad...

I especially loved the following:

If you are a native English speaker, your English teacher(s) should be drawn and quartered for allowing you to pass their class.

<3<3

Guest Serenanna

I'm sorry, I read it, but I couldn't spork her completely.

Maybe she'll actually listen to my approach, or she'll give up completely. We'll see, especially if I find hundreads of nasty reviews on my fics come morning. I'm gonna go find the brain bleach now.

Sere

PS. ::glances at Mel:: And you fought about the GAFF? With crimes like these being committed on the internets. ::ducks the rotten tomatoes and runs like hell::

I've heard about it being done (a lot of people have gotten banned at mm.org for doing just that), but never considered doing it myself. Before I knew better, I left a few editting notes and thanks to my reviewers where reviews usually go. I don't think that counts, though.

I think it's silly, honestly. Maybe their doing an obnoxious version of self-promotion?

I'm finding this whole situation amusing as hell, but I'd never go so far as to beg someone not to write. The choice is always up to the reader if he/she wants to read a story.

I agree with you. I have never left a review saying "please stop writing." It's like anything else; don't like the song on the radio...change the station. Don't like that movie on t.v. switch channels. Don't like the fic, stop reading it. I've left some constructive reviews for people, pointing out what I liked, the general idea, or a specific character, but may have suggested proofing a little better, or creating new paragraphs when a new character starts speaking, that kind of thing.

The fics I mentioned where people asked the author to stop, were intentionally bad and meant to shock and offend, nothing more; you could tell that from the first sentence, and I think that's what drove those people to review as they did.

Now if you excuse me, I have to go buy that bridge someone's been trying to sell me.

Melody, if that doesn't pan out, I've got some lovely swamp land...uh, beachfront property in Florida for sale.

Guest Serenanna

Wow . . . I wonder what nerve we hit? Which review you think did it?

I didn't think calling her prose limp was too bad was it? (pun very much intended, even in the review)

Sere

I wonder if it was the 7 year olds crying tears of screaming blood....

Or the other reviewer's flogging of the english teachers...

My, we might as well have tarred and feathered that creature...

Guest lightgoddess

ROTF!!! It's gone, everything! laugh.gif I hate that I didn't get to read your review Sere!! sad.gif I bet it was too cool. Too bad I got in on the reviews so late in the game. blink.gif Er... heh.

Guest lightgoddess

Crushing self esteem...CHECK!

Making authors who can't write cry...CHECK!

Destruction of bad authors works...CHECK!

Our work there is done. *self satisfied smile*

Guest Agaib

Honestly I feel like this thread is getting a bit cruel. Really... no she's not a great author, and yes reviewing yourself is a silly thing to do... but I'm not exactly sure how tasteful some of you guys are being. Do try to be better than the 13 year olds please. dry.gif

Agaib, I understand where your comin from, but it's not exactly like we're all out flaming her. Not only that, but I think only about 3 of the reviews were from us. Sere left a rather tame review from what she said, mine was harsh, but truthful. Inkslinger was positivly sweet. So sans her actually being on the forum right now (which would be... yeah...) most of this is just between us.

I, personally am a sadistic bitch, though I try to keep that facet of my personality leashed and only allowed to play in places where it's called for. I take joy in the pain of others and will most definitely cause that pain where I can.

Most everyone here is just laughing it up and giggling at all the reviews left.

And really, here's the after affect: she removed the stories, and in the future will refrain from reviewing herself again or at least not post them on AFF.Net.

Not only that, but there was also the possibilty of plagerism brought up, so now, instead of having the AFF staff have to go through the process of banning her, she resigned.

:: nods enthusiastically ::

I am flagellating myself and mea culpa-ing all over the place. In truth, I do feel badly (a miniscule smidge that will pass in about, oh...hey it's gone already) that she felt the need to delete everything. But I'm sure she will find another site to post on, there's tons of them out there, after all. I can only hope I never run afoul of some of those same reviewers, so passionate and articulate in their opinions. It will make me cry and turn to finger painting or basket weaving instead. Of course, I wouldn't mind being spanked (verbally or otherwise) by the velvet voiced, über suave, Hans Gruber......mmmm......where was I?

I love the Bad Fic Bloodhound title, btw. Kudos to the devilsh cad/saucy minx responsible. biggrin.gif

I can only hope I never run afoul of some of those same reviewers, so passionate and articulate in their opinions. It will make me cry and turn to finger painting or basket weaving instead. Of course, I wouldn't mind being spanked (verbally or otherwise) by the velvet voiced, über suave, Hans Gruber......mmmm......where was I?

I'll drink to that! MORE RUM!

....hehehehe... ::cough::

I'd hate to get a nasty review from that last Anon E. person. I'd cry and burn all my fics. But not my laptop... just the fics.