Click Here!

Whats playin in your back ground?

Guest Purple Lizard

I usually have TV on in the background that I only give 10% of my attention to. But when I really want to get into a writing zone, I play my music - usually Mindless Self Indulgence and Elysian Fields, and any particularly emotional tracks from other random bands I like.

Emotional music = Teh rite zone!

When I'm writing, I usually play the soundtrack for whichever game I'm writing fanfic for. It helps me get into an appropriate mindset.

If I'm writing original fic or for fandoms I don't have a the soundtrack of, I usually put on the No More Heroes soundtrack for more exuberant, raunchy fics and Killer7's Multiple Personality track for more subdued, moody fics.

I have InuYasha on, and it's helping me get through my Winter writer's block I believe. Though it won't be the fanfics I work on if I get back into writing, at least I shall be writing, and from there, maybe I can then turn to my fanfics, and get some work accomplished.

UPDATE:

Listening to music while I do my parts quest for my motorcycle. Right now, I have Shake That Ass by Eminem and Nate Dogg playing, but who the hell knows what I'll listen to tonite. Only thing I know Is that I need something with a good rhythm and a killer beat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MiriuOniaya

I've been listening to Sakura no Shiori by AKB48 on repeat as I was writing last night and this morning. Any music that's too upbeat or loud distracts me, slow stuff turned down at a very low level works best.

Marley_Station!! You rock!!

Sometimes I've got the TV, sometimes I've got some music (depending on mood) and sometimes I don't have anything.

And I mean literally nothing! Like I'm home alone, and sit in the office, and there is just complete silence except for the noises outside or upstairs.

The music I listen to?

Rammstein - their latest album especially (Liebe ist für alle da)

Some 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Therion (album: Deggial), Kelly Clarkson, Nightwish, Within Temptation, a little bit of everything.

And lately, Adam Lambert's "For your entertainment"... I've become utterly obsessed with his bassist.... go figure. :rolleyes:

But there is quite a bit of diversity in what I listen to, and very often I get ideas from the music.

Like I've got an opening scene for my novel, from the beginning of Rammstein's "Ich tu dir veh". The music just made a movie in my head, and I knew exactly what I wanted for the opening scene.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.