Click Here!

Who Is The Next To Die? Is It More Than 2?

Guest Madapple

Who is going to die?  

1. 1. Who is going to die?

• Lucius Malfoy
    • Draco Malfoy
    • Harry Potter
    • Hermione Granger
    • Ron Weasley
    • Remus Lupin
    • Percy Weasley
    • Minerva McGonagall
    • Rubeus Hagrid
    • Neville Longbottom
    • Sibyll Trelawney
    • Fred/George Weasley
    • Severus Snape
    • Lord Voldemort
    • Cho Chang
    • Dolores Umbridge
    • Peter Pettigrew
    • Arthur Weasley
    • Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody
    • Other? Please indicate in a post!

Guest Madapple

In a recent interview, JKR indicated that she killed off two more characters than she initially intended, and one received a reprieve. Thereby slightly changing the last chapter of Book 7, which she completed some 16 years ago. As there is no final tally yet, I wondered who you think is going to be killed and why? And if you care to indicate in a post, who received a reprieve?

Guest lightgoddess

I think that Ron and Hermione will be the two to die IF she kills Harry off. Otherwise, I think it might be Ron and Remus who die. I do believe that it'll be Snape that gets the reprieve myself. Either him or Percy.

I voted for Ron as one of the two who will not see the epilogue. As for the character granted the reprieve, for personal reasons, I choose Snape. Please, JK, don't kill him off. I'll have a hell of a time explaining how he came back to life in all my post-book 7 fanfiction. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AmazingEnthusiasto

It's only foolish hope that has me choosing Peter Pettigrew as the next to die, because I feel that Remus needs to be the last remaining Marauder.

As for Snape, much as I enjoy the character, I think he'll have a major revelation in the next book before he gives his life for the side of Light. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm still in the "Snape is Good! He really is!" camp.

As to who dies in the 7th book, could be anybody and it doesn't bother me a bit. Except for Snape (and I'd like Lupin to stick around). I don't buy that "he's pure evil, he's a villain," thing. The "reprieve" mentioned raises some interesting questions for me, though.

I think there's a fair amount of fans, and probably most of them are kids, who read HP and take things quite literally. But as an adult, I'm constantly reading between the lines and interpreting events differently. So, I wonder;

Did Ms. Rowling intend (not knowing how huge this would get, not just with kids, but adults) that part of the "shocker" ending would reveal Snape as a "good guy" in book 7, after he dies a martyr's death? Will she stick to the plan and kill him off anyway?

Has she had to change that, due to the huge Snape fan base, and grant him a reprieve?

HPB seems almost like a bad dream!

Auntie Inkslinger has had to soothe a few Snape loving co-workers who were shocked at HBP. I've re-read Ch 2 of HBP several times and paid very close attention to how Snape's actions, in relation to his words, with Narcissa and Bellatrix are written. They may appear to show one thing, but I believe they are, in fact, hinting at the exact opposite. The book is loaded with incidents like that.

I'm in the "Snape is good camp, too", but I'm bracing myself. Entertainment Weekly's got his odds of dying at 2-1. ohmy.gif

personally i think i may be Harry and Voldemort. J.K said that she didn't want anyone else continuing Harry Potter after she'd finished it. Also there is that prophecy "neither can live while the other survives" sounds pretty omnious to me.

Guest Corvis

Just a quick note - No one said Voldemort, lol!

But I said Lucius. Because it's good vs. bad and all that. I think she eased on Snape and may use him as the target for the evil kill. I mean he's in prison, hot, you know, all the reasons for a character to kick the bucket. lol.

I hope not though. I'm all for Harry going. Just for finality.

I'm so torn on this. I am really hoping the reprieve is for Snape. I have never believed he's one of the bad guys and I'm sticking with the Bryonic Hero theory. As for who will die? Harry and Voldermort. My dh has this theory that Harry's the final Horcrux and thus will have to die to defeat Voldy. Honestly I would have thought that more than two people would be dying in the final battle. I just have this feeling that the Golden Trio isn't going to make it out unscathed and if it's not Harry then my money's on Ron. There's been a fair amount of forshadowing about the Weasleys being in the line of danger. Besides, it would free Hermione to go after Snape.... wink.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest Enchanted Faery

I read on article somewhere that said that JK Rowling originally gonna kill Draco Malfoy off but changed her mind when she found out how much of a following he had. Don't know if it's accurate and I wish I would have saved it so I could share it with all of you.

I voted Harry, even though I don't want him to.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.