Click Here!

Explain Your Signature

Guest .:Deathbringer:.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely there's a huge difference between "slightly less famous book" and "somewhat obscure"??

blink.gif

Well, if you feel the need to explain that "Big Brother is watching (you)" is a phrase from a book by George Orwell called 1984 I don't think you'd consider that book to be any kind of famous. Maybe not full-fledged obscurity, but definitely not well-known.

I think.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Well, if you feel the need to explain that "Big Brother is watching (you)" is a phrase from a book by George Orwell called 1984 I don't think you'd consider that book to be any kind of famous. Maybe not full-fledged obscurity, but definitely not well-known.

I think.

What I more people know the phrase "big brother is watching" then the actual book it came from. I felt it a courtesy to anyone who may not know where the line came from to list the source. (Not to mention it's what one is supposed to do when quoting something).

Jeeze...

Hmmm. Finally got around to updating my signature and avatar. Hopefully, I'll be more active around here then late!

Anyway. The silver dragon is just cool. Literally (they breathe ice) and cause they're just that awesome.

The first line is a result of my ability to escape vast amounts of pain with minor injury and a good story. It's gotten to the point where people prefer for me to go first, simply cause they know I'll survive the traps. Both IRL and the games.

The second quote is a rant I posted after some one commented on the tendency for necromancers to be angsty goths. The bit about being flamboyantly gay is a reference to a rather sad Dungeons and Dragons campaign. It was one in the morning, and the DM took and out of character rendition of 'We're off to raid the sewers!' (Sung to the tune of 'we're off to see the wizard') as being in character. At least I got that +10 to fashion sense checks...

The thrid quote is just a general greeting, and well wishing.

The fourth quote actually inspired the keeping of the other quotes. They ended up some where in aimless babble, feel free to look them up and add some new ones. It's also rather true. It seems that me and society tend to have some rather different out looks. Possibley because I'm a wanderer who belongs every where and no where at the same time.

The fifth quote is from George Orwell.

The sixth quote (I sure do have a lot of them, don't I?) is a rather true statement. Though I actually inherited the title of god along with one of the girl's in my geo class, and George the Monkey. Not that George, but he's equally curious. Alas, another story for another night. Maybe if you ask nicely.

The final quote is also fron D&D. After a rather unlucrative series of sessions, we finally got bored and blew a vampire's house. Sadly, we didn't manage to kill him, so we had to find him. Not wanting to be seen in the city for a while (city watches tend to frown on people blowing up houses in the Noble's District) my necromancer decided to send a few minions to find the vampire. The ranger had been hunting, so we had all those fresh rabbit corpses to dispose of... Long story short, they didn't find the vampire for me, but they did cause alot of people to set out on quests. Mostly to stop the plague of undead rabbits that was infesting the city...

Ohh! I get to talk about my sig again! w00t.gif

I change it every so often mainly because I can't seem to please myself with any particular one. Beside, I get this whole issue with a sig where I feel like I'm wearing the same clothing everyday. Weird huh? freak.gif

Any-hoo, I made this signature LONG ago for another forum I frequent. Of course, the actual illustrations aren't mine. If I could draw like that I most certainly not be persuing writing. tongue.gif But I can dream. wub.gif

I've gotten some compliments for them, and I thank you all for your kind words. But, err, back to the explanation!

This signature features two characters of a work-in-progress (Still in my head actually.) and because I've become completely enamored with these two, I figured I should feature them.

Anyway, this was one of the first signatures I ever made and well, I'm rather proud of it, considering I only used the Paint program that comes with WindowsXP to do it. Never underestimate the power of pretty fonts and borders! &nsbp; &nsbp;(And painstaking hours of coloring and arranging. bounce.gif )

• 4 weeks later...

My two part sig is a shameless quote from my WIP (eventually subject to change) but the second part is a quote from the Marquis de Sade, taken from a draft to a book forward, written in 1788. Given the nature of fics on the main site, I thought it kind of said it all, and very concisely at that, proving that everything old is new again. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest .:Deathbringer:.

Yea, I added my 360 GamerTag information... Just so everyone knows what I'm playing and if I'm online or not. Pretty nifty... XP

And I loooooooooove Kadaj from Advent Children. And I decided to show my luff for this oh-so-gorgeous character by making my own sig... X3

Meh, got bored with my shipper friendly sigs. The image itself is an old attempt to using borders in my sigs but I still happen to be very fond of it. I'm a sucker for Reno in full snark-mode. Thus, the quote beneath is, a bit of Reno's drunken smart-mouthing from my fic "Trapped in Paradise."

Well the pic is from Loveless, my current manga craze.

The quote about my mind falling out of gear, came to me when I was trying to fall asleep one night after realizing that I hadn't updated a story in about 4 months and didn't have time before sleep would take me to update it that night. So by way of an apology to my readers, I wrote that as an author's note before the chapter started.

The slinky quote just makes me laugh.

Well I ship mainly Hermione/Snape, and Hermione/Lucius from the Harry Potter books, so I have a lot of those sorts of graphics in my collection; the two in my sig I made; but I might change it soon.

Well, hmmm... where to start... laugh.gif Well, the first few things are just my "associations" around the boards, then, there's the link to my Zwinky (who I am not talking to right now, because she's a traitor to our house... no I'm not crazy laugh.gif). THEN, we have to link to a story I'm working on that involves several people here (Nanaea, Polywolly and Madapple, to be specific) called the Mary Sue Virus. Its fun, and if you are a Harry Potter freak, check it out, there's a laugh or two there.

THEN... we have Nan's brilliant creations from the "In-a-Box" labs. If you're wondering who they are, (From the top, left) we have Anderson Cooper, Hugh Jackman, Ralph Fiennes, Ewan McGregor, (Back to the bottom left) Sean Biggerstaff, Orlando Bloom, Alan Rickman and finally David Wenham. Quite the collection if I do say so. Nan is brilliant! biggrin.gif

And finally we have a quote that I think should be everyone's motto when it comes to fan fic... "Write me well"! It doesn't get any simpler than that!

And that's it... hmmm... maybe I should simplify. laugh.gif

Well, it's been a while since I posted, and my siggy has changed many times since then. Right now I'm playing around with CSS, just trying to keep it simple.

Snape-In-A-Box, my board memberships, a Snape quote from Prisoner of Azkaban, and then a favorite links list. See? Simple.

Oh yeah, I did Madapple's as well, as thanks for beta'ing my contest fic (just in case anyone's been wondering).

really really really lame attempt at slash. yikh! Orochimaru fucks everyone...meh, I may change it soon enough. someone begged me to write one, and well, the bile in my mouth forbids me from continuing, however, I cannot help but admire my own prose inspite of it. I may one day continue it, however, I've locked my evil muse away, since she seems to like things so damn twisted, it can't possibly be good for my soul, let alone anyone else's. Its a fanart I got somewhere on deviantart, I do believe, and I love it. (can't stand that stupid rope he wears around his waist all the time. I mean, what is that?) Hence my decent into evilness...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...