Click Here!

Hobbys/dream Jobs

Guest Soulsearcher

Guest Soulsearcher

So, I'm learning a lot about people on this board and I'm really enjoying it here, but I'm curious what people like to do in RL.

For me, I'm fortunate enough that my job is also my hobby. I'm trained as a singer/dancer/actor. It's what I've always loved to do and I'm so lucky that it also happens to be my job.

I also love hiking and bycicling

oO;; and is it just me or does this kinda sound like a personal's ad?

LOL!

So ... what's your sign baby?

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Scorpio, and I like long walks on the beach as long as I get to kill off all the people on the beach first. XP

I'm a graphic designer, though I have made absolutly no money and my website is down right now >< So I'm trying to get a job. In school, I'm an art major. As you can tell by my sig, I am a slave to my art. SLAVE! I've been stressed lately so I haven't been able to do a lot of work which adding to my stress. Also, I lost my sketch book for awhile and didn't have the cash for a new one so I was going fucking CRAZY.

Uh... yeah...

On top of that I'm a writer. Like, not a hobby writer, a serious writer. As of late, my stories have been deeply tied in with my emotions and whatever situations I've been in. It's so far my only real form of release.

I also love swimming, which I havn't gotten the chance to do for a long time. I love the watter and would give anything to take a swim. right now.

I do my best to make life miserable for those around me.

It's what I was trained for.

It's what I'm good at.

And they worship at my feet because of it.

sure, there's only a few.

A SELECT few

But I'm happy. Relatively happy.

Once in a while, the guys at work will yell at me, but trust me, they pay in the end. They pay big time.

I rule this town. Vicariously, yet, in a way, yes, I rule it. They just don't know it yet...

I DO have a hobby, and I find it immensely distracting. I rule the cosmos..in a small way of course, but nevertheless, rule. Some creature from the realm of Dominions seemed to think that I was their friend, so I can also change weather patterns where ever I am. I find this extremely amusing.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this ride through space.

And darn it all, CHF, how dare you try to drive a tank and I haven't tried to get you drunk yet?

Guest Rockin

I play Yu-Gi-Oh! cards as one of my hobbies. Yeah yeah, I'm 19 and all, but I don't care. To me, Yu-Gi-Oh! cards has no age limit, because you need to learn some complex card stradagies. Some people older then me or even parent age plays this game. I run a warrior deck (Thank you Joey! ^__^)

I'm also a writer who does both normal and erotic art. I've been mostly doing original stories in a Sonic universe, but since I'm here, I'm gonna have to change my stories to official ones, such as Totally Spies, Teen Titans, and other video games/anime I know.

Been wondering, are there alot of people older then me? I seem to be getting that vibe that most of the members are older then me.

Guest Agaib

I’m a musician first and foremost. I absolutely adore my viola and when I’m not posting on the forums I’m humping it (kidding). I love to play all kinds of music on it from pop to hardcore technical classical.

I’m also working to try and get a degree in psychology, but at the moment, it comes in second to my viola.

Hobbies of mine are reading books and writing. I used to try drawing before I realized that I sucked at it. Though I wish I had a concept artist for my story (That would be awesome!), but now I’m imagining things.

Guest Lord Havoc

I'm Soul's husband irl and that's a full-time job, thankees...

Other than that, I've got two novels on the go for publishing.

I've been practicing martial arts for 26 years and instructed for 15, until I came to live in Wisconsin.

Now I'm a server at Red Robin and the Texaas Roadhouse. dry.gif

Well, this is gonna sound really boring but....

I'm a mom. That's my full-time job. Deal with it. My kids are too important to me to let someone else raise them. They're too important to let the government raise too, that's why my part-time job is being a teacher. Yeah, I homeschool. Call me crazy; most people I know do. wink.gif

I do some volunteer work. Once upon a time I was a cosmetologist (that's hair stylist to you laymen) but I hated the pressure to sell, sell, sell.

I used to draw a lot. I used to be pretty good at it. Right now, I'm just too out of practice. I never aspired to be a writer but here I am, and I'm really enjoying it. I guess I'm just a creative person by nature. I love designing web pages and I'd love to get paid for it someday but I seriously lack the self confidence needed for an entrepreneur.

Guest Melody Fate
I'm a mom. That's my full-time job. Deal with it. My kids are too important to me to let someone else raise them. They're too important to let the government raise too, that's why my part-time job is being a teacher. Yeah, I homeschool. Call me crazy; most people I know do. wink.gif

Yes! a STAY HOME MOM!

Personally? I think you rock. I understand completely when both couples have to work just to survive, but in situations where you can get by with one income? I think having one parent stay home is the best thing you can do.

So no, your work doesn't sound boring. People say it's easy to bring up kids, I agree, it's bringing them up right that seems to be difficult. I think that by being there for your kids, you're already half way there to raising them right.

Guest Soulsearcher

I really admire people who are stay-at-home mom's. It's a huge job to takle. I would love to be there for my kids that way too. It's why I don't have any yet. It's so important someone be there for them!

Way to go Nanaea! It's so great to hear about people who are actually raising their kids instead of letting others do it for them! Bravo!

On a semi-related note, I am trained as an actor/singer as well (yeah Soulsearcher! Musical theatre rocks!) but, being that the city I live in has a tiny little theatre community, I am working in a book store to pay the bills. As "real" jobs go, its a great one!

However, when my husband and I have children (which will hopefully be in the next few years) I will be a stay-at-home mom. Can't wait for that!

Writing is something I have always done for fun, and I can't tell you how happy I was when I found a place to share it with the world! I also am an avid comic book collector (like, duh! As if you all didn't figure that one out! laugh.gif ) and I play guitar.

So there, that's me! biggrin.gif

I'm a cubicle dwelling office grunt in a small ad agency (local businesses, nothing exciting). I'm not on the creative end (thank god). Strangely, I've always sucked at math/numbers and every job I've ever had, from my first PT job as a cashier on, had to do with numbers. I'm a resident cynic, with useless, trivial knowledge who, luckily, has a good sense of humor and can usually come up with a good quip.

I like watching baseball (last year was a dream come true!) old movies and reading books that are literary classics that nobody I know has even heard of. I like to meditate; not sit in the lotus position kind of meditate, but just sit and think. Clears the mind, very relaxing. Oh, and I like to write, been doing it a long time, since I was a kid. I can't draw, dance, sing, play a musical instrument, or act. I've tried all of them and have no talent for it, so writing it is.

Hmm, Rabbit born to the Unicorn under the Lion by the Wolf. Guarded by the Dragon. Let's see if any one can unravel that little mess of signs and symbols.

Hobbies?

1) The girlfriend. More of a focus then a hobby though. Too important to be called hobby.

2) Gaming. Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, looking for game groups for both, and of course good old D&D. May be starting a game group for that soon too, any one near NY look me up if interested.

3) Writing. Which I really should be getting back to...

4) Working in the pizzeria. Good friends, good food.

5) Working at another restaurant. Not so much fun.

Guest Nympho

I'm a scorpio or a tiger depending on which zodiac you're lookin' at.

I look after my sister and BIL's three kids everyday and have for the past 5 years. They both work pretty odd hours so a normal baby-sitter is out of the question. BIL usually gets home at around 6-7, but it's anyone's guess when mommy will get home. And since sis and BIL separated, BIL and I see the kids way more than she does. My youngest, Alex, wouldn't stop calling me mom for a long while.

Other than that, I'm a complete and total geek/nerd. I love the library, everyone who works there knows me by name. And I love xbox games. My current favorite is Knights of the Old Republic. An odd way for a nineteen year old to spend her time, but not a bad one.

Guest Rockin
2) Gaming. Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, looking for game groups for both, and of course good old D&D. May be starting a game group for that soon too, any one near NY look me up if interested.

I know several game stores that has tourtuments and such. There's even a place I know that plays D&D as well. My AOL sn is RockinTH. Look me up or PM me for the info.

Well, I'm a Sagitarius who can't decide whether or not she wants to switch her major. As for the hobbies: spending time talking/being with my boyfriend (long distance relationship and he occasionally comes into town), writing, playing xbox (Knights of the Old Republic, Tetris, Tomb Raider: Legend) and PS2 (Soul Calibur III mostly, I'm addicted to that game), playing the piano and learning to play bass, Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh!, watching anime and Star Wars like it's my job, reading, and listening to the metal music channel my cable service provides for new bands to download.

Guest arora

Hi,

I'm in the Navy. I fix helos and i have a pic for charging handles.

DSC00617.jpg

that's Kuwait. just south of where you will end up with your tank.

have fun.

i like to write and to tinker with computers, i just finished building my first one and have yet to get it to work when i turn it on.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I love stay at home parents in general. My dad stayed home with me and my sister when my family had the money to allow it. When we were old enough that my parents were sure a babysitter couldn't wreck whatever it is my parents were raising us to be then my father went back to work. When we moved to NYC he did the same. Because of that, at leaste until I was 13, He wa my best friend in the world.

What I hate are people (FemmeNazis, I'm looking at you!) who rag on stay at home moms for being counter feminists. Last I checked, the Feminist Movement came along so we could CHOOSE whether or not we could stay home, not to FORCE women out of the house and attack the ones that want to stay with their kids.

I think the world would be a better place if more people had the chance and actually wanted to stay home with their kids.

Power to you.

Guest lightgoddess

Me? I don't do anything as glamorous as acting, singing or dancing (though I do love to sing and act on the stage!). I am but a simple medical secretary and (hopefully!!) soon to be Case Manager for our Diabetes Center. I work with a very cool, young doctor who's personable and likes good music. lol

My hobbies include my herbs, writing (der!), playing yahoo pool, and basically anything to do with getting out into my yard. I also have two loving dogs (a Great Dane and a mutt) and a husband. At this point in my life, I have no use for children of my own, but as a general rule, I love kids (unless they are being heathens and running around breaking stuff...). I also enjoy learning, doing research, and reading.

With the way I bounce from one hobby to another, one would think that I have ADD. lol

I suppose ADD is better than what I've got. (Honestly, do you think megalomaniacs are born or do they develop randomly, like lottery balls?)

*note: was once a stay at home mom. Went insane. Insane, I tell you.

Hi,

I'm in the Navy. I fix helos and i have a pic for charging handles.

DSC00617.jpg

that's Kuwait. just south of where you will end up with your tank.

have fun.

i like to write and to tinker with computers, i just finished building my first one and have yet to get it to work when i turn it on.

Cool! That looks like an M-240 to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jackie_Boi

Right now my hobby is writing and video games =/. Pretty boring eh? It used to be Yu-Gi-Oh!, but they got too expensive and I kept getting beaten by 12 year olds with decks made by their dads...

I've always wanted to be a fiction writer...like a professional one, but I lack the confidense or skill/talent to become one. Perhaps one day, later in my life when i feel better about my writing, I will give it a try.