Click Here!

Solace me! *blubber*

Zenon

this is SO not fair!! i just read the single-chapter fic Babes and Bathwater - it nearly got me off free-hand (no kidding) - and than i had to detect, that it was written in 2005 :angry: so it's pretty safe to assume, that there is no chance for any sequels ;):cry::cry: OH CRUEL WORLD! *desperation*

apart from that: i kinda miss the possibility to make contact with the authors - a PN-feature, a guestbook or something like that. (not that this would realyy help me with 'outdated' authors -.-) i only could spot the reviews for each story for this aim by now?

are most of the authors also active in this forum anyway or rather not?

*sigh*

i guess i'm gonna go to bed now - enriched and awfully frustrated at once :(

this is SO not fair!! i just read the single-chapter fic Babes and Bathwater - it nearly got me off free-hand (no kidding) - and than i had to detect, that it was written in 2005 :angry: so it's pretty safe to assume, that there is no chance for any sequels ;):cry::cry: OH CRUEL WORLD! *desperation*

apart from that: i kinda miss the possibility to make contact with the authors - a PN-feature, a guestbook or something like that. (not that this would realyy help me with 'outdated' authors -.-) i only could spot the reviews for each story for this aim by now?

are most of the authors also active in this forum anyway or rather not?

*sigh*

i guess i'm gonna go to bed now - enriched and awfully frustrated at once :(

Well ... at the very least write a review on it if it made you so happy. who knows ... the author might some day look back to it and if they see a review that is almost 5 years later ... may be impressed that someone took the time to read their out dated story and still wants a sequal 5 years down the road. >:3

Because the archive defaults to not displaying emails (spam protection, as the old script doesn't protect from harvesters getting 'em from the page draw), if you REALLY want to get in touch with someone, you can always contact a mod. One of us can then email that person, and ask if it's okay to give their email address to you.

On the other hand, the suggestion to review now after all this time is a good one. I did that a couple years ago on a story (I rarely review), and much to my surprise, the author actually wrote a sequel! You'd be surprised. Sometimes that's all it takes to inspire someone to either continue on (if they're not burnt out), or do something new with their storyline.

• 3 months later...

To add my $.02, Try to be patient and understanding with the author in question, as well as any other writers of stories that you are hoping for updates on.

Sometimes, life has a bad habit of getting in the way of what we would like to do. This goes for writers as well as anyone else. In my case, I have two stories in the Ranma sub-domain that have not been updated in a while. This is a shame that I do feal guilt for, because there have been a few reviews and messages from certain readers who are hoping that I will update.

My problem is, being Winter, I find myself extremely listless and depressed, and that creates a huge writer's block for me. My normal cure for this would be to go for a ride on my motorcycle, but, as I mentioned, it IS Winter, and that would be a recipe for disaster to take the Shadow out right now. Come Spring, when I am able to ride again, I will most likely be able to work past the block (riding gets me into the best state of mind for that) and be able to do some serious writing again.

That being said, please be patient. I am sure that it is likely that the writers will eventually be able to update their stories.