Click Here!

Megan Consoer

A large part of the complaint here, I believe, stems from the fact that since the review is always the same, a legitimate question was raised as to whether "Megan" was actually a human being or a review 'bot that randomly hit stories, plaguing the site (a spam-ish concern). I can only imagine the let-down when someone, especially a new author, saw that they had another review, only to find a comment that seemed to come from a non sentient automaton. And I've seen a few stories that "Megan" reviewed more than once and there was no variation whatsoever. Another point of frustration comes from those who had written one-shots, and clearly labeled them as such, only to get the "could you write some more chapters?" line. In the latter case, it really makes one wonder if the review was generated by a program, or if not that, a certifiable idiot.

I think this thread is just a way for people to vent and commiserate, which is far better than engaging in snotty replies or e-mails to the somewhat thought challenged and inarticulate "Megan."

There is a thread somewhere where people did relate how they comment/review/concrit a story. I don't know where it is, exactly, but it's around.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had nearly forgotten about this thread. It's just been resurrected for the first time since this forum was created.

I've cleaned up this thread by deleting a few of the earlier posts and have also split this topic. The other thread is here. I know the other thread may come off as petty, but half of the posts here followed that tangent and I just couldn't bring myself to delete all of that. Besides, I know what it's like to want to kill a reviewer.

Yhitzak, I would explain the relevancy of this thread to you, but I think the others have it covered. As it is, I've read Megan Consoer's reviews before. Thankfully, I don't receive them (a fortunate side-effect of dabbling in smaller fandoms). Still, I know I wouldn't want to receive them if I ever post an HP fic, so my sympathy goes out to the rest of you.