Click Here!

Megan Consoer

Guest Melody Fate
...Dude, seriously, I'm starting to call people who leave little "I like this story! Write some more!" Consoers, or MC's happy.gif I kinda wanna write a Wiki article about her laugh.gif

I was thinking today if I was one of those smart people, I'd do a Livejournal quizz (One of those quizzilla things) called "What type of fanfiction reviewer are you?" and have one of the answers be Megan. Make a little image people could put in their LJ with "You are Megan. You like fanfiction alot. You wish people would write more chapters."

You could have BRP too, and maybe round up some other notorious reviewers, both good and bad.

Yeah, I wish I was talented enough to do those quizzes. But I tried once and I'm hopeless.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
I was thinking today if I was one of those smart people, I'd do a Livejournal quizz (One of those quizzilla things) called "What type of fanfiction reviewer are you?" and have one of the answers be Megan. Make a little image people could put in their LJ with "You are Megan. You like fanfiction alot. You wish people would write more chapters."

You could have BRP too, and maybe round up some other notorious reviewers, both good and bad.

Yeah, I wish I was talented enough to do those quizzes. But I tried once and I'm hopeless.

Yeah.. they're kinda complicated. I tried one as well, and like you I got UTTERLY lost. UTTERLY!

Did you notice our dear Meg left two reviews on Media Minder for that story? The first was her usual, in Nov, then in April she said the same thing, with the added, "put it on AFF?" Who is this elusive Meg? Are we being punk'd? Are we on Candid Camera? As for BRP:

nonplussed    2006-08-12  id # 3000012024

BRP, what the hell is your problem? No one is interested in reading your pathological self-insertion, sexual Phantom fantasies on the review page. Your lack of reviews that are articulate, insightful, informative or constructive are a disservice to the author and any potential readers who may seek out reviews prior to reading the story. If you wish to enter into a correspondence with the author, may I suggest doing so via e-mail and use the review page for its intended purpose; leaving reviews.

With my deepest apologies to the authors, Secretly_Secretly; reading those SI fantasy-"reviews" by BRP has not coaxed me into reading your story, and I suspect others may feel the same, unfortunately. With that being said, I wish you the best of luck with any future posts or fics, and am sorry I could not offer you a constructive review of your work.

It had to be said. ph34r.gif

Guest Melody Fate

BRP reminds me of a kid all wound up on sugar. If I were forced to guess, I'd be hard pressed to say if she 16 or under and all wound up, or eighteen and over, but doing crack or speed. Her reviews read like the ramblings of someone hopped up.

Guest Nympho

I hate not having internet, I totally missed this thread. I've gotten hit by this gal a few times on ff.net, but I didn't know she was so wide-spread. I wish I could write stories other than drabbles, I've got this wonderful idea involving her and Hannibal Lector....

BTW- is it really spelled "alot"? I've been spelling it the other way for years and it's never been a problem. Or is it how it's used?

This from someone who had perfect Language Arts scores K-12. rolleyes.gif

Guest Madapple

A variation on Megan's pat review.

Actual link:

Review page

Notice the spelling. I think you could say it's improved??? blink.gif

I like the Blue Seed allot, but I hope they make more Blue Seed.

lll From lll Megan Consoer lll Friday, October 03, 2003

Oh, I just remembered another reason why I was convinced that M.C. was a bot. Within an hour of posting a chapter for a story on A Single Spark (a Sess/Kag shipper site, for those not in the know), I'd have a review by her sitting in my e-mail's inbox. What does she do? Have a million windows open at once?! Is it some kind of radar?! I say this because I know that both A Single Spark and AFF lack story update alerts. So how does she respond so quickly?! huh.gif Surreal.

I started working on my contribution. Don't know when it's going to be done since I'm still working out the precise details. (Particularily how she will die...)

• 1 month later...
Guest ladygizarme

jeez, I've been away from the forum for MONTHS, who would have thought the day I decide to randomly pop in this is the latest topic at the top of the page??!! I've been plagued by Megan and convinced she's a bot for AGES. I have two Inuyasha fics, posted first at mediaminer, then fanfiction.net, and now on AFF (both stories are about two years old and still WIP cuz I'm a slacker); she has reviewed both stories, SEVERAL TIMES on all sites.. sometimes more than once for the same chapter!! It's sooooo fucking annoying! I've also gotten countless emails from her, most likely through the "contact the author" button on mediaminer or something; they all say the same thing as well. And I have tried emailing her back, but got no response. dry.gif Highly suspicious, I say.

The fact that she occasionally has the slight variation (asking for a sequel, etc.) is what perplexes me in the bot theory (as with many people in this thread). If she's a real person, it actually pisses me off more than "her being a bot" because, say something else, for the love of all that is fanfiction!

*ahem* anyway, I love the idea of the collection of snuff fics!! I want to read them, but I can't handle anything much in the way of gore lately. (pregnant)

Guest Enchanted Faery
And I admit to a bit of geekiness here, but the one fic where I got thoughtful reviews, I actually printed them out and tucked them in a binder with my hard copy of the story. I'll look at them once in a while for an ego boost, grateful for their comments, and really happy that people got what I was trying to say in that particular fic.

that's a good idea! i like it! lord knows i need some insperation!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

same here in originals...not that I've done anything of note lately anyway, but wouldn't you all be sheepish if it turns out she's like quadraplegic or something like that and that's all she can do to let people know she's read and liked the story!

it's a possibility

Looks like she dropped the "Consoer" part.

Guest Yhitzak

Am I the only one who sees this complaint as not just silly, but totally unnecessary? Reviewing is optional, *entirely* optional. Be glad you get reviews at all. What good are you hoping to accomplish by creating a thread dogging on one specific reviewer? Making everyone start paying attention to who's leaving them reviews so they can come back here and cry that this person left them a one-liner? How pathetic. If you want to be irritated at the reviewer, then be irritated, but don't make it out like what they're doing is somehow wrong.

And by the way, 'a lot' in itself is improper grammar. "Allot" is a term meaning to allocate. To express quantity, 'a lot' is informal. 'Alot' is not a real word.

Guest Serenanna

::headdesk:: I think you're missing the point of this thread and Megan, Yhitzak. She is the epitome of what most of us find whenever we get reviews from the majority of readers, a figurehead of the quinessenctial 'lazy reviewer'. They are the type to write one liners, asking for more updates for a story that is already finished, and contributing nothing that a writer can be proud of. The reason Miss Megan stands out is because she does it so much, and with exactly the same words! It's as if she just copypastes her reviews from fic to fic without even reading them.

Reviewing is optional, but most serious reviews actually put thought into what they send their favorite authors, something that makes it personal. I would rather have one personal, honest review than a legion of Megan-esque fangirls.

So, there you go. Reasons why Megan deserves the noteriety among us that she gets. Like it, hate it, but don't flame it. Even us obsessed fangirls of aff.net need a scapegoat once in a while.

Sere

I am SO pleased that I am not the only one that she does this to. I used to like it, thinking that maybe she was a person that could read English and not use it properly. Like I am with the German language, but then it began to really bug me.

If she does read SO much in the English language then you would think that some of it would seep in her brain and she could become more creative with it. I thought she'd gone for a while and, quite frankly, I was kind of relieved.

I logged on Saturday morning, got an you have 17 email messages, and I had one single review for different Harry Potter fanfics of mine. All but one was from Megan Consoer saying those infamous words: "I really like this story alot can you please post some more chapters. Or a sequel to this story?" One of the stories I know she's reviewed twice already and kept to the same words.

I have even had to stress quite strongly in some cases that these stories are meant to be One shots... meaning I have no plans to continue it on with even the most eloquent review.

I know I am not good at reviewing. But I do try to keep to more than one lines, and say something specific about the story. I even like to guess occassionally.

I am pleased that others have the same problem with her. I hope there is some way of getting into contact with her privately and try to get her to say something a little more forthcoming about what she has supposed to have read.

Guest Yhitzak

Believe me, I understand how obnoxious lazy reviewers are. However, the thing about this thread that made me reply in the first place was the question in the original post, "Does this seem right to anyone?" as though by generating enough 'no' responses, some action might be taken against this reviewer. I realize this is probably a silly assumption to make, but what with all of the other stupid crap being suggested (it's not enough that the underagers are going away and the site is actually running right, apparently), one never can tell. No matter what, there's always going to be someone abusing the system.

And yeah, we all long for that one good review, but we're what we're left with is a slew of people who don't know and don't care. So what good does bitching about it do? At least for this kind of duration? Oh, wait, it's not even about the topic, anymore, it's just a text-grunt-session.

I notice that no one else here has mentioned how they review stories. I don't suppose ya'll are guilty of leaving such a review. Heh.

Yes but the point is she doesn't even make a goddamn effort to change up her schtick. I get a lot of reviews that are just as brief, often from the same person but no two reviews, not even two sentence reviews are the same. That's why we're pissed off, not just because she's lazy.

Admittedly, I may not always leave meaty reviews but I at least try to tell the author why I liked it so much. tongue.gif