Click Here!

Megan Consoer

Megan Consoer. This is a reader with no work ethic whatsoever.

Has any author here ever received a review under this name? She has got to be the most half-assed reviewer I've seen in my life. Whenever she reviews a story, she posts this exact message:

"I really like this story alot. Can you write some more chapters?"

That's it. With every single one of her reviews comes that exact message, right down to the letter. That is all she ever writes when she reviews.

Okay, not exactly EVER. Sometimes, she tosses in a little request at the end:

"I really like this story alot. Can you write some more chapters? Can the pairing be Sesshomaru and Kagome, please?"

I've been cruising AFF since June 2004 - two whole years. I started seeing Ms. Consoer's reviews (for stories other than my own, thank God) soon afterward, at least in that same year or in early 2005. She has been doing that the whole time. Worse, she even retains her grammar mistake: "a lot," not "alot."

I don't know what she thinks she's doing, but her habit irks me as is and would really piss me off if she were to leave me a review. Does this seem right to anyone?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Melody Fate

Maybe she doesn't have a clue what to say, so just writes that.

I've been saying all my fanfiction writing days that even if you can't think of a "good" review, writing, "Read your story, liked it" is better than nothing and I still stick to that.

It could very well be that she doesn't know how to write a good review. A lot of peple are in that boat. I've met people who feel they have to find something wrong, or else it isn't a "real" review and end up complaining about the silliest stuff and as a result, look stupid.

I find leaving a good review more difficult than writing a story. Sometimes I just like something because I like it. I can't explain. Sometimes I dislike a story for reasons that would come across as silly if I complained about them. And I hate coming across like a know-it-all when more than likely it comes down to a matter of opinion.

If she has a valid email address, you might want to try writing her and encouraging her to leave better reviews. Don't leap on her, instead try probing her.

"Thank you for your comment on my story. I'm trying to write more chapters, but I'm not sure what direction I should take my story. Could you help me out and tell me the one thing you like the most about my story?"

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I have to agree with MF a little here. Any review (...almost, anyway) i better then no review. At the same time, however, it doesn't really inspire a person when all of the reviews the get are more or less the same. For a lot of my stories I get reviews that say no more then "OMG! WRITE MORE!" and it's like "Well, gee, glad you liked it... but why?" It isn't until I get a really thorough review, whether positive or negative, that I feel the person really cared about what I wrote and wasn't, you know, a robot.

• 1 month later...
You got served, Lady Passion! I love this "admins took over my account" thing. Phenominal.

<3

I'm now trying to find as many accounts as I can that got taken over for that reason ^___^ Then I want to make a List in rants called "Top [#] Reasons NOT To Break Rules on AFF.Net!"

Guest Serenanna

o.o

it's like RPOL and the chamber of Lost Souls! Someone up there is finally getting the idea to find these kids and make examples of them! Whoever in the admin is doing this, I could kiss you! Ok, maybe fondle you a little, a lick, a kiss, and a little more fondling before a real kiss, but you get the idea. wink.gif

Sere

What level of "I no habla ingles" does it take to give a "The Admin took over this account" a good review WELL after the account was taken over?

I'm now trying to find as many accounts as I can that got taken over for that reason ^___^ Then I want to make a List in rants called "Top [#] Reasons NOT To Break Rules on AFF.Net!"

Ah, Pixagi, you have the talent for finding these things...much like I have a talent for finding laughably bad fics, (which usually makes me suspect they're written by some kid home for summer vacation).

To counteract the mechanical Megan Consoer reviews, cruise through the Phantom of the Opera fics. There's a few stories with between 20-60 reviews, most left by the same person Black Rose Phantom or BRP. Oh, those are interesting and she is...quite the character. And she has a pat response to people who review her stuff. She must just cut and paste it.

Guest Melody Fate

It's such a shame she doesn't have a story. Then we could all sign in and leave her signed reviews.

"I like this story alot. Please write more."

I still say though, she deserves some credit for at least trying. How many people are reading these stories every day, sucking them up like candy, and not even leaving anything to let the writers even know they read their stuff, never mind what they think of it.

It's such a shame she doesn't have a story. Then we could all sign in and leave her signed reviews.

"I like this story alot. Please write more."

I still say though, she deserves some credit for at least trying. How many people are reading these stories every day, sucking them up like candy, and not even leaving anything to let the writers even know they read their stuff, never mind what they think of it.

I'd seriously doubt she even READ the story if she left me a review. Quite honestly, the only two places I remember seeing her reviews were on stories tht got taken over by the Admin AFTER they took control. If it was before, I'd understand, but it's not.

Guest Pink Lace

Well I don't know about this person in particular but you can't expect every reviewer to write an essay on what they liked/disliked about your fic. If you don't want short/ one liner reviews then put a notice on your fics "Only review if you can cite at least 5 specific things you liked about my story. Any grammatical errors will be mocked."

tongue.gif P.S. Irl if you wrote a series of articles in college that were published in a national newspaper and one student tells you that he read and liked your articles, would you say "you suck for not telling me specifically what was good about it" or not?