Click Here!

Personal Opinons Int The Medical Field

Guest SweetMisery1

Should pharmascists be allowed to refuse a woman the morning after pill?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should pharmascists be allowed to refuse a woman the morning after pill?

• Yes
    • No

Guest SweetMisery1

Another, and I believe more shocking occurence is that pharmascits are beining to not give out the pill even with a perscription. This is wrong, imposing one's own beliefs on another in a medical field. This is like a Jewish doctor refusing to perscrible pig's insulin for a diabetic. I can understand asking another person behind the counter to do it for you, but where do people get off making someone else's decisions?

Feedback?

Guest Melody Fate

I totally agree. If your beliefs conflict with your job, then you need to find another line of work.

At the very least, a pharmasist that won't fill perscriptions because of his moral codes should be forced to have big signs up saying that he refuses, so people will know.

Funny though, it's always birth control. You never hear about a pharmisist refusing to fill perscriptions for any other reasons. You never hear about a pharmasist refusing to give out riddlin to children, because they believe there are "better" ways to deal with ADD.

Guest mykell

I believe a lot of pharmacists are not just saying "No, I won't fill this" but they're holding your perscription or something so you can't drive down to the next pharmacy. That is wrong.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I remember the first time I went to go fill out my perscription for Ortho I got a wierd look (Shock me shock me, my hair was up in pig-tails and am told I have a baby face, so yeah...) but I've never had them DETAINED. What I HAVE had happen, however, is have a clerk refuse to sell me condoms when I was 17. Last I checked, there are no laws on who can or can't buy condoms. Later, my male friend who was younger got them for me with no problem. Not even carded. So incredibly stupid...

Guest SweetMisery1

that is definatly illegal

pharmacist MUST sell condoms to anyone because then they're promoting 'safe sex'

I needed to but them for a healt project once