Click Here!

Salutations

Aerawyn

To AFF's authors:

I begin with this short introduction: I go by many names; here, Aerawyn has become my alias. I've been reading fanficiton for about eight years and have read just about every type of story you can imagine (from the smuttiest of PWP to the fluffiest of romances and all the raunchy, cuddly, addicting fiction in between). Aside from fanfiction, I've always loved literature--both reading and writing--so when I tell you that I'm an English major, I hope you aren't surprised. My intent upon receiving a degree is to become an editor and I post here seeking practice in a medium I adore. I'm a videogamer (FF and WoW mostly) and a role-player (D&D of late).

Over the years, I've experienced a vast range of story qualities. The ones I am interested in this post are those that have excellent stories but less than satisfactory deliverance--I don't want to spend my time writing the story for my author(s). I do want to help authors with good ideas convey them well. As an editor, I am thorough, paying heavy attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, mechanics, and all levels of structure. As a writer, I find myself effective with description, development and dialogue, and so I can identify when another author lacks in these as well as the more black-and-whites of writing mentioned above (I probably won't be able to help create a main plot-line--if I could do that, I'd be writing instead of editing--but I can help enhance one).

The catch here is I'm only really willing to edit Final Fantasy stories (particularly VII, VIII, IX, X, X2, and XII) because I'm intimately familiar with those games and my knowledge of other genres pales by comparison. However, if asked, I can and will copy-edit (spelling, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, structure) any category but I can't promise any thorough edits on characters or worlds with which I'm unfamiliar. I do have pretty solid knowledge of Harry Potter (just not necessarily fond of the story anymore) and mild knowledge of the Lord of the Rings movies and Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm interested in everything from strict canon to wild AU; I'm less lenient on OOC but accepting of it when necessary and well-used.

As far as types of stories are concerned, I will edit just about anything set before me. I'm a little less comfortable with Yuri than Yaoi and Het but not so much that I'd turn it away. There aren't any particular pairings or types of groupings that I will turn away but I really prefer not to read about defecation or urination or anything down that road. Harsh language and graphic relations are welcome.

I ask you this: don't expect sugar-coating or pats on the head. The former will almost never happen, and the latter only when warranted. Not to say that I don't offer compliments--I'm more than thrilled to, when they're due. However, I am a lover of literature and I take editing very seriously, so if you have a fragile ego, I'm probably not someone you want to work with. I will "tell it like it is" and argue when I think changes are necessary. I will correct: then vs than, too vs to, your vs you're, plural vs possessive, and all the hundred million other simple mistakes that all authors seem to make these days ("do" and "be" are not high quality verbs), as well as the major ones (like changing a character's age from chapter to chapter or other breaks in continuity, tone, ethos, clarity, and consistency). I can answer the question "common, colon, semicolon, or em dash?" I will help you turn out amazingly well-written works; if I dedicate my time to your work I will put as much mind, heart, and soul into it as you do. And I will take 15% (a.k.a. I will make lame attempts at lame humor from time to time).

Please post if you have questions or are interested in my services, and thank you to those who have actually made it past my long-windedness to read this line.

Aerawyn

Erullisse~

Hopefully you'll check here... I'm not sure why, but when I respond to your PMs it deletes whatever I type. If it's not too much trouble, send a PM with an email address where I can reach you, and I'll respond that way. 

~Aerawyn

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.