Click Here!

Mystery Men (1999 movie) Fanfic Challenge/Request!

Kahmunrahs_Loveslave

I just recently watched Mystery Men (the 1999 superhero spoof movie starring Ben Stiller), and noticed a bit of "chemistry" between two characters: The Blue Raja (actor - Hank Azaria) and The Bowler (Actress - Janeane Garofalo). There seemed to be a mutual interest between them.

I searched the web to see if I could find some work with this pairing, and only found 2 fics (one deliberately skipped over anything juicy :lurk:, and the other was never finished... but it wasn't an adults only fanfic anyway). There was one fanfiction site that had a Blue Raja/Bowler "prompt" (a challenge), but right after the character pairing info, it actually said "you gotta be kidding me!"... just as if this was a ridiculous or even disgusting pairing (of course, the idea was not used on the fanfic site, probably thanks to what was said after the pairing).

I think this is a great pairing (not weird), and there's lots of potential with these two. Both characters are very attractive (The Blue Raja is SMOKIN' HOT - as Hank Azaria always is :P, and Janeane Garafalo is a beautiful woman). I'm looking for a fic that doesn't hold back (no mild PG-13 rating), something fit especially for "AdultFanFiction.net".

I don't understand why more fanfic hasn't been written about the Blue Raja/Bowler pairing. Some people probably believe the Blue Raja is gay when they watch Mystery Men, but he shows no indication of that (other than wearing colorful costumes, and speaking with a British accent). All the characters in this movie had flashy outfits, and a British accent is just that... a British accent. It has nothing to do with being gay (there's nothing wrong with being gay, but I just don't see it with the Blue Raja).

As for a plot idea, it really doesn't matter. But as for a location, I always thought the Blue Raja (or Jeffery as his friends and mother call him) has a very inticing bedroom. Come on... the decor, the Middle Eastern music, the burning incense = One hell of an x-rated fanfic :P!!! Please, no interruptions from his mother (she can stay away from his bedroom door once in a while, now that she knows and respects him as a superhero). Any interruption would completely ruin the story!

I could probably (try to) write one myself, but I'm just not talented enough to attempt it. An experienced writer need to take this one on, because there's plenty of graphic detail to be used. There's TONS of talented and imaginative authors here at AdultFanFiction, so I know this pairing can be done (and done explicitly well). Again, this is adult fanfiction... so the more graphic the better! And also, it shouldn't include any comedy (a tiny bit before the serious action is NOT needed but acceptible - The entire story cannot be one big joke). There's already comedy fanfic out there about the Mystery Men characters, now it's time for something different (serious and explicit)!

Edited by Kahmunrahs_Loveslave

I just recently watched Mystery Men (the 1999 superhero spoof movie starring Ben Stiller), and noticed a bit of "chemistry" between two characters: The Blue Raja (actor - Hank Azaria) and The Bowler (Actress - Janeane Garofalo). There seemed to be a mutual interest between them.

I searched the web to see if I could find some work with this pairing, and only found 2 fics (one deliberately skipped over anything juicy :lurk: , and the other was never finished... but it wasn't an adults only fanfic anyway). There was one fanfiction site that had a Blue Raja/Bowler "prompt" (a challenge), but right after the character pairing info, it actually said "you gotta be kidding me!"... just as if this was a ridiculous or even disgusting pairing (of course, the idea was not used on the fanfic site, probably thanks to what was said after the pairing).

I think this is a great pairing (not weird), and there's lots of potential with these two. Both characters are very attractive (The Blue Raja is SMOKIN' HOT - as Hank Azaria always is :P , and Janeane Garafalo is a beautiful woman). I'm looking for a fic that doesn't hold back (no mild PG-13 rating), something fit especially for "AdultFanFiction.net".

I don't understand why more fanfic hasn't been written about the Blue Raja/Bowler pairing. Some people probably believe the Blue Raja is gay when they watch Mystery Men, but he shows no indication of that (other than wearing colorful costumes, and speaking with a British accent). All the characters in this movie had flashy outfits, and a British accent is just that... a British accent. It has nothing to do with being gay (there's nothing wrong with being gay, but I just don't see it with the Blue Raja).

As for a plot idea, it really doesn't matter. But as for a location, I always thought the Blue Raja (or Jeffery as his friends and mother call him) has a very inticing bedroom. Come on... the decor, the Middle Eastern music, the burning incense = One hell of an x-rated fanfic :P !!! Please, no interruptions from his mother (she can stay away from his bedroom door once in a while, now that she knows and respects him as a superhero). Any interruption would completely ruin the story!

I could probably (try to) write one myself, but I'm just not talented enough to attempt it. An experienced writer need to take this one on, because there's plenty of graphic detail to be used. There's TONS of talented and imaginative authors here at AdultFanFiction, so I know this pairing can be done (and done explicitly well). Again, this is adult fanfiction... so the more graphic the better! And also, it shouldn't include any comedy (a tiny bit before the serious action is NOT needed but acceptible - The entire story cannot be one big joke). There's already comedy fanfic out there about the Mystery Men characters, now it's time for something different (serious and explicit)!

I have that movie on VHS. It's actually a live-action of the Mystery Men comic distributed by Dark Horse comics. It's a great movie and I think your idea for a fanfic is an excellent one.

If I wasn't such a yaoi whore I'd take you up on it. I would be more willing to pair The Shoveler with that bad guy who wore the gigantic afro.

I have that movie on VHS. It's actually a live-action of the Mystery Men comic distributed by Dark Horse comics. It's a great movie and I think your idea for a fanfic is an excellent one.

If I wasn't such a yaoi whore I'd take you up on it. I would be more willing to pair The Shoveler with that bad guy who wore the gigantic afro.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I'm so glad I actually have a good idea for a fanfic (I'm still not attempting to write it myself though, because I'd probably really suck at it, and AdultFanFiction deserves better than what I could do).

I knew that Mystery Men was a live action version of the comic book series, but I'm really only a fan of the movie. I never was into comic books of any kind (no offense to Dark Horse or any other brand, but comics just don't hold my interest). The movie has one of my favorite actors in a leading role (Hank Azaria), and I must confess that this was the only reason I even considered watching it in the first place :D . I'm glad I did, because Hank turned out to be a bonus... the movie is great (you're so right about that)!

You have it on VHS, but if you've got a DVD player also, you should really grab the Mystery Men DVD. There's lots of extra material on it (including deleted scenes) that aren't available on the VHS version.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I'm so glad I actually have a good idea for a fanfic (I'm still not attempting to write it myself though, because I'd probably really suck at it, and AdultFanFiction deserves better than what I could do).

I knew that Mystery Men was a live action version of the comic book series, but I'm really only a fan of the movie. I never was into comic books of any kind (no offense to Dark Horse or any other brand, but comics just don't hold my interest). The movie has one of my favorite actors in a leading role (Hank Azaria), and I must confess that this was the only reason I even considered watching it in the first place :D . I'm glad I did, because Hank turned out to be a bonus... the movie is great (you're so right about that)!

You have it on VHS, but if you've got a DVD player also, you should really grab the Mystery Men DVD. There's lots of extra material on it (including deleted scenes) that aren't available on the VHS version.

I'll do that. While I'm at it I need that soundtrack on CD, since I no longer have a tape player. Excellent soundtrack, by the way.

I'll do that. While I'm at it I need that soundtrack on CD, since I no longer have a tape player. Excellent soundtrack, by the way.

I forgot about that soundtrack! It's excellent music though, and I have it on CD. It's out of print, so I had to find it on eBay (you might have to go there also to find it. When you do, you'll usually find it for under $5.00).

I forgot about that soundtrack! It's excellent music though, and I have it on CD. It's out of print, so I had to find it on eBay (you might have to go there also to find it. When you do, you'll usually find it for under $5.00).

"Throw your hands in the air! In the air! In the air!"

I liked that movie. If I wrote that fanfiction pairing I would resort to the blatently-obvious-tired-old "give her a good forking" gag... I haven't seen it in so long I wouldn't do the best job, though, so I'd have to give this request a miss.

Thanks for your reply! "Give her a good forking"... I love that! The fic I want should be mostly serious, but that IS a great line (oh, to trade places with The Bowler for one night :) )! I'm not looking for a comedic adult fic, but I do think another funny way to put it would be The Blue Raja "forking her brains out" in his bedroom :D ! But PLEASE, no one use any of this... unless it's used only briefly BEFORE the hot parts of the fanfic!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.