Click Here!

Rating or Review

Guest jj19

Good Rating or Generic Review  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have?

• Good Rating
    • Generic Review

Which would you rather have? A good rating 4 or 5 out of 5 or a generic review, thayt doesn't really say much. (Of course a well written review is the best)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I prefer reviews. I don't keep a running count of the ratings on my stories, and it's averaged out so it could be that the story really blows but someone five stars it because they have much more lax standards. With a review, however, I get notification in my inbox and if I screwed up the review will generally tell me how, which is worth much more than a five-point rating. Plus, reviews have pulled me out of writing slumps at times where just getting a review that doesn't go into too much detail on a fic in limbo has pulled me back into action and brought updates to it again.

• 2 years later...

Generic Review! Heck, I'd rather have an imaginative flame than a five star rating.

What JayDee said... The ratings are meaningless to me, but if you take the time to review, well... that says I reached you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone else realize this topic was made in09? I dunno what the policy for bumping is, but ?I think the mods will mind since this only a two month bump compared to two whole years.

Anyways, reviews are more important to me. Anyone can go click a topic and put 5 stars, that's easy. Same with writing a two sentence review; but it nice to see the people I am writing for. I like checking out people's profiles to see what kind of audience I am attracting with my fics. Do I sounds creepy? I can't explain it very well...