Click Here!

Long-term beta needed for Legend of Zelda fic

Hello all!

My name is Lady Goddess Sephiroth, but please call me Lady, or E. I've actually been on hiatus for a year and some months, and so has my fic Twisted Futurity but now I'm back to continue writing. I couldn't completely abandon it. It's my baby. :D

So now I need a beta reader. Here's a few things you need to know before saying "OK YEAH I'LL BETA ANYTHING!" Because I really don't want anyone who will beta anything.

• You must be knowledgeable of the Zelda universe, specifically Ocarina of Time.
  • You must have played the game at least twice (you can't be knowledgeable if you haven't played the game.)
  • It would help if you're a Legend of Zelda: OoT fan, although that's not necessary.
  • My story is strictly het-only, although there was some yaoi hints at the beginning that I thought were really, really hilarious. *Cough* But for the most part, I only write het.
  • You must be able to tolerate the fact that the way I've written these characters is completely out of the ordinary, and I'm not going to change them. They will grow, and mature, as characters should throughout the course of a story, but I will not change them. Trust me - there's some pretty sick stuff going on in the beginning of this fic, but I've toned down a lot since then.
  • This fic is dark, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There is no rape, or anything so horrible as that, but it's not a happy fic. So it would help greatly if you prefer dark fics or if dark fics don't bother you.
  • You must be able to edit lemons, because once I write one I can't go back over it. It makes me blush. :) Seriously, it does.
  • I took a 12+ month hiatus from this fic. Please realize that my writing style is completely different than it was when I posted the last chapter. I've been affected by many things, including my life experiences, so don't be too harsh on me because some things don't sync up right away. I've forgotten a lot and it takes a lot of time and effort in order to resolve all the issues created in the beginning of the fic and bridge the gap.
  • I will need you to go back and re-read the first half of the story to make sure that all questions are answered in the updates I plan to post. This means that you must be able to pay careful attention to what's going on. I miss things. I have a short memory span so don't be afraid to remind me of anything I may have proposed or suggested in the first ten chapters that hasn't been resolved in the eleventh.
  • You must be able to give me your honest opinion. I am not like most authors. I can take criticism. And since I haven't written in so long God knows I need it. I want to know really what you think: about the characters, their reactions to situations, the plot, any holes/unresolved issues you may have discovered - anything that you feel I should know. However, I need for you to be respectful and tactful when delivering these kinds of things. I know the difference between criticism and bashing and I won't tolerate the second.

As stated before, Twisted Futurity is my baby. Therefore, this is a project, and a very special one to me. Updates will be slow. I have a life, so do you, and my writing style is such that I go through several rough drafts and revisions before I am ready to hand it off to my beta readers. This means you may not get something from me until six weeks from now, two months, maybe even three. I like to take my time and make sure I'm satisfied with it before I hand it off to you.

I do check my work for grammar and spelling errors before handing them off to you, so you shouldn't get anything that's ridiculously riddled with errors. Sometimes I do miss words, misuse punctuation, or mix up characters, so you'll have to watch out for that. Other than that, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

If you want to contact me, you can find all contact information in my profile, including my email address. I am most often on AIM, and no, I do not mind if you contact me through messenger. In fact, I prefer it, since I only check my email maybe once every couple of days.

One last thing: If you become my beta reader, I want you to know that I will forever appreciate what you're doing for me. This project means a lot to me at the moment, and since you are providing a service for free, I want you to know that really means a lot to me. I know that this is a lot to ask out of a beta reader, so if there is anything I can do in return (within reason), please believe that I am willing to do it. I'm not blowing smoke either; I want to show you that I appreciate what you're doing. And no, I'm not bribing you. I'm...giving you incentive. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.