Click Here!

Who Wants To Play With My Wii?

Guest Agaib

Do you approve of Wii as the name for Nintendo's next generation?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of Wii as the name for Nintendo's next generation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Guest ChibiShiva

Err... I don't know. I guess it's kinda blah though. They could have come up with better. But then again, if people look beyond the name, and more for the games, it shouldn't affect much sales.

Verdict: The console itself still rocks, but the name... no.

Guest Big Samurai

Great console, and I will be proud to own one, but that name is just ... ! On this forum, especially, the supply of jokes will be endless!

cool.gif

Guest Agaib

I love the name! think of ALL the terrible puns!

I finished cleaning, can I go play with my Wii?

Early on xmas morning, dads eagerly taught their children to play with thier Wiis

Eat, sleep, and Wii

Guest Jackie_Boi

I heard about this eariler this week. At first I was baffled. My first thought was, "How in the hell did Nintendo mess up the one thing that could put them back on top" However, after ready several articles and finally understanding Nintendo's reason for picking this name, I had just decided to accept it...and actually think it's cool. Nintendo was almost going for an iPod-ish way about the name and when you see the actually word, it sorta has that effect, espically if you watch teh little video they did, which looks like it will be close to what the first batch of commericals will look like. The double i 's are playing tennis is assume with another set of i 's, which I thought was sorta neat.

I'm still very much excited for Nintendo's new system. Nintendo has given me the excitement for videogames recently, like the excitement I got back in the Genesis vs SNES days, espically with its simply just magical DS (which is totally crushing the PSP in both hardware and software sales over in Japan; In U.S. it's a much tighter race).

I think this time around, the Wii is going to be a suckerpunch that no would expect and I think Microsoft and Sony are going to be the ones who will be the most shocked. CANNOT! WAIT!