Click Here!

You Know You're a Dedicated Writer When...

shinigamiinochi

You know you're a dedicated writer when you have a terrible case of carpal tunnel, but against all common sense, continue to write fanfiction by hand. *glares at right hand*

You know you're a dedicated writer when you turn down friends just to stay at home and finish a chapter.

You know you're a dedicated writer when you start to buy movies and music for the sole purpose to inspiration.

You know you're a dedicated writer when all you can think about when reading fanfiction is that you should really be writing right now.

I could think up more, but I really do have carpal tunnel, I was just bored and wanted to type something little.

Guest sylvir

You know you're a dedicated writer when you put off eating to get down one more sentence.

You know you're a dedicated writer when people don't know what you look like when not connected to a computer or notebook.

You know you're a dedicated writer when you stay up for hours with plot ideas running through your mind.

You know you're a dedicated writer when you try to think up a way to submit your latest fanfic to your english teacher because you worked on it and not that essay you should have been writting.

...when you get up in the middle of the night to write down a scene before you forget it. And end up finishing the chapter.

...someone forwards you a stupid email on a subject you hardly care about but you read it four times because something tells you there's a story in it somewhere.

...when you make a firm decision to take time off from your writing because Character A is starting to take over your life. And you consider that dedicating three days to writing about your D character instead qualifies.

...when someone can criticize your cooking, your job, your wardrobe and your haircut and you figure: Opinions are like assholes. No one knows what yours is like until you air it. But when they say you misunderstood a character in your story, you start to wonder about your place in the food chain.

I have experienced all the symptoms described this far. Let's see if I can come up with some more...

Your WIPs haunt you even while you sleep and your subconscious creates new plotlines appearing in your dreams.

You end up doing drugs just to get over writer's block or to get in right mindset for writing a certain scene.

You consider writing more fanfiction as the main task in your life. This can happen just in general or maybe with specified pairing (for me it happens to be consensual Malfoycest).