Click Here!

Donations...

Um... well, I just Donated and all... Because there's no cause greater than sexual relief and such...

But anyway, the suggestion I was going to make I figured might get you more donations. Say if you showed a list of the members who've donated and linked to their Profiles in your News box, and without showing actual donations, list the in order of highest to lowest? Maybe change it monthly like, "Here are the awesome people who donated this month!"

It would be both a "Hey, donate and you will get acknowledgement" and a small bonus for Donators who would get extra publicity for their donation. And since it would be internal linking, I don't think it would cost any extra.

Just a little thing, but donators do like to be noticed.

Um... well, I just Donated and all... Because there's no cause greater than sexual relief and such...

But anyway, the suggestion I was going to make I figured might get you more donations. Say if you showed a list of the members who've donated and linked to their Profiles in your News box, and without showing actual donations, list the in order of highest to lowest? Maybe change it monthly like, "Here are the awesome people who donated this month!"

It would be both a "Hey, donate and you will get acknowledgement" and a small bonus for Donators who would get extra publicity for their donation. And since it would be internal linking, I don't think it would cost any extra.

Just a little thing, but donators do like to be noticed.

^ Harley makes a good point here.

Another thought: My preferred method of donation would be mailing a money order to a PO box.

I think for the archive we might have to do something along the lines of adding another tab that works off the basic news script, and is editable in order to do that. Not sure, will check.

For the forum, that's pretty easy. I can make an icon for a site donor who also uses the forum, where it shows the member title (i.e. member, jr. member, admin etc.) and add that to the profile options, and create a group that will call that graphic up for that user.

Of course, the forum option will have to wait for a bit, as I'm the middle of resetting up my computer (got a newer system and have to reinstall everything) and since I'm doing that during what is my work week, it's going to take several days more than likely.

Thanks for considering my idea. I mean, people are donating. It's only fair to give them something for it, and as I said, a little incentive for future donors.

"Look at these generous people! Listed in order of how generous they are! You can be generous too! Work your way to the top of the list of generosity!"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.