Click Here!

Reimagining request.

KZ-01

Hello,

Digging through the archives, I found this old story which had the potential to be hot, but was bogged down by clumsy writing. I think that if the concept was worked on a little, it has great potential.

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=23046

Now, I'm NOT saying you should plagiarize this. I'm just saying you should take the core concept of the fic, and make it into your own: a reimagining, if you will.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Digging through the archives, I found this old story which had the potential to be hot, but was bogged down by clumsy writing. I think that if the concept was worked on a little, it has great potential.
Maybe some constructive criticism would work to bring out the 'potential' of the story? And leave it, like, still the author's story?

What is it that you like about the story, though? Maybe there's something else around you might enjoy.

Maybe some constructive criticism would work to bring out the 'potential' of the story? And leave it, like, still the author's story?

What is it that you like about the story, though? Maybe there's something else around you might enjoy.

Constructive criticism would be cool if the author hadn't disappeared off the face of the earth. Ive sent him emails many times over the years. No reply.

What did I like about it? Pretty much just the first part. Pool/sexy suits....beach blonde....younger guy/older girl.....minor......babysitter.

But it just doesn't look like you're asking for fanfic of the story you found. Or a story inspired by events in it.

The way the request is framed, it seems a little too close to plagiarizing.

If you'd framed it as, i dunno, just a list of elements you want in an original story, without referring to someone else's effort, it might be more appealing. [/cent][/cent]

But it just doesn't look like you're asking for fanfic of the story you found. Or a story inspired by events in it.

The way the request is framed, it seems a little too close to plagiarizing.

If you'd framed it as, i dunno, just a list of elements you want in an original story, without referring to someone else's effort, it might be more appealing. [/cent][/cent]

Agreed. A "reimagining" shouldn't be done without the original author's okay, since they invariably end up using major elements of the original story, which is a no-no without that author's permission. If the original author isn't able to be contacted (this person hasn't been active on the archive since 2005) then there's not much that can be done about that, unfortunately. But a story based on the idea of another story is okay, as long as it's just the idea. And a link to the story that inspired it would be a nice touch, as well.

Agreed. A "reimagining" shouldn't be done without the original author's okay, since they invariably end up using major elements of the original story, which is a no-no without that author's permission. If the original author isn't able to be contacted (this person hasn't been active on the archive since 2005) then there's not much that can be done about that, unfortunately. But a story based on the idea of another story is okay, as long as it's just the idea. And a link to the story that inspired it would be a nice touch, as well.

Your words, I can agree with.

Okay, so....should I just post another request, this time asking for a story based on the idea of "Babysitter", essentially a request with your wording?

Your words, I can agree with.

Okay, so....should I just post another request, this time asking for a story based on the idea of "Babysitter", essentially a request with your wording?

Yeah. Something like: "Can i request a story about a boy being seduced by his babysitter, preferably including a swimming pool, her friends, an orgy with space aliens, Groucho Marx and a Corvette..."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.