Click Here!

Suggestions for Archive cleanup and restructure

TonHyukOTP

I would just like to submit that Dong Bang Shin Ki and Super Junior, listed in the "Celebrities" -> "J-rock/J-pop" section, are K-pop groups. If a "K-pop/K-rock" section could be added, I would like to request that the bands/artists "Rain/Bi", "Fly to the Sky", "H.O.T", "ShinHwa" (who are currently under "Celebrities" -> "Singers/Bands" -> "S through Z"), "The TRAX", and "Epik High" be added there as well. I have some stories for H.O.T and plan to write some for the others. Also, there is a subcategory under "Celebrities" -> "Singers/Bands" -> "1 through F" called "DBSK" which is just another name for Dong Bang Shin Ki, so those stories should probably be moved to the Dong Bang Shin Ki section even if Dong Bang Shin Ki is never taken out of the subheading "J-rock/J-pop".

I have a suggestion for the X-men archive. The most recent X-men cartoon listed is "X-Men Evolution" series from the early '00s. There were older series, like the laughable "Pryde of the X-men", and the mid '90s show "X-Men the Animated Series", but I hardly see any fics based on these.

There is now a new series, ("Wolverine and the X-men) that just finished airing it's first season in Canada and is starting to run on American TV (beginning Jan '09 on Nickolodeon). Thanks to bittorrent I've seen them all, and I'm looking forward to season 2, which will have another 26 episodes. It's much closer to the Comics, continuity-wise, and I predict that most new fics based on X-men cartoons are going to be based on this show, instead of Evolution.

I suggest that the current X-men Evolution category be organized more like the Movies categories has been changed; because there is currently no place for any W&tX-men fics... If it's based on an animated show your structure only permits it be placed in the Evo category. There is a big difference in the two shows. Most of the Evo chars are in High School and it's a fairly light, teen oriented show. The W&tX-men chars are adults and the stories are much darker and more serious.

*X-Men Animated Series.

*X-Men Comics

*X-Men All Movies

--edited category title as suggested, will refine it once we get there for sorting

Edited by DemonGoddess061

• 6 months later...

This is for the Inuyasha section...

a post canon catagory and tag would be great

since the manga ended there are now tons of post canon stories.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As it stands, the comics section makes little sense as to how it's organized. There is a "Comics and DC Universe" section, and an "X-Men and Marvel" section. The "Comics and DC" section seems to include everything under the sun from TMNT to Archie.

More logically, it should be (in my opinion) "Comics" as the top folder, followed by "Superheroes" and "Non-Superheroes". In the "Superheroes" category should then be "Marvel", "DC", "Independent", and "AU / Crossover". Then, of course, the subcategories for each publisher where appropriate like "X-Men" under Marvel and "Batman" under DC.

Thanks for the consideration and thank you for an awesome site.

Comics top level is everything BUT DC Universe stuff. All DC 'Verse stuff is going in to that top level category and etc. The xmen subdomain is having all the Marvel 'Verse moved to there.

You have to understand that when these subdomains were set up, it was ...haphazard. I'm being KIND by saying it THAT way. So, it's getting organized in a fashion which will make sense as it happens.

• 8 months later...

Before posting suggestions, please make sure that you are reading the news posts so that you have the most up-to-date information. This is already planned as part of our code rewrite for the year. As the total cost for the new code is $1500, donations as well as suggestions are always appreciated. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TheMadKatter13

Also hope I'm adding this to the right forum:

Category name: Vampire Diaries

Section catagory to be in: TV

Do you have any stories for it?: Personally, 3 one-shots & 1 mult-chapter WIP

I know that there is a VD Category under Books, but the show and the books appear to be quite different.

• 8 months later...
Guest isis_queen_45@yahoo.com

the archives need to be reorgnized so they are easier to nagivate. as it is i can barely find the stories that i'm looking for without some major help for others. mabey having them sorted out by content,characters involved, rating and language. it would make the stories easier to fing]d

the archives need to be reorgnized so they are easier to nagivate. as it is i can barely find the stories that i'm looking for without some major help for others. mabey having them sorted out by content,characters involved, rating and language. it would make the stories easier to fing]d

As has been noted previously, the search feature will be addressed in a later stage of the code rewrite. We already have sub-categories in place for most top level fandoms which do allow for more specific searches within those categories.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for the entire AFF archive. The story ID's need to be a hell of a lot easier to find, as do the Author IDs. :bat:

I only just figured out where they are and how to use it to add something to my reading/rec lists and I've been Joined up since MARCH 2012!!! Lets see, March, 23 2012 to June, 16 2013..... Anyone else as frustrated as I am?

If you list the Story ID next to the Author on the top of the page we/they can add it to their list(s) whenever they like, and if the Author ID is the first thing on the Author's profile positioned right above the Bio it solves the issue of trying to find that.

Does this make sense to anyone but Me? :bash:

Hi,

Under our Profile How To's in the FAQs thread, we have FAQS for How to use the new Recommended Reading and How to use the new Recommended Authors that should help answer your question. :)

• 4 weeks later...

As has been noted previously, the search feature will be addressed in a later stage of the code rewrite. We already have sub-categories in place for most top level fandoms which do allow for more specific searches within those categories.

Hi!

Wanted to ask, if it would be possible to have those sub-categories also for the AU/AR subs. I know for most fandoms there are way less fan fictions set in an AU/AR, but there are still a lot of them.

Madea, which subcategories are you wanting to see? At this point in time, I'm still limited to only 3 levels of categories. The top level, which is non posting, the one below it, and one below that one. I am supposed to be getting unlimited levels in subcategories, and when I do, there will be more restructuring and sub sub sub cats and what not added.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.