Click Here!

Earth Day

*sings the song from Discovery Channel*

Ok, I've come up with this totally crazy idea and I have NO idea how I'm gonna acomplish it--especially in time for Earth Day (April 22) ...but, just hear me out anyway.

I was watching Planet Earth the other day on the discovery channel and it just started to get me thinking, "I should draw pics for Earth Day. That would be fun!" So I did--I'm in the process of one and I plan on drawing one more afterwards.

But that wasn't the crazy idea I had. The real crazy idea I was having was, what if I could start a special charity of sorts, something where I could get all the artists on Y!gallery, PaperDemon, DeviantArt, etc., and anywhere else I know them at and we could ALL draw art for Earth Day--a sort of awareness for it and then find a way to contribute all this art to saving the planet somehow!?!

THAT would be freaking awsome. But how would I do this? Who could I go to, to help me with such a monumental task. I'd need the support of the press, other charities possibly, "powerful" people, you know?

I'd need a way to get all the art together, to get it sold and get all that money together to go to the right place!

Because, just donating to some random charity isn't gonna cut it. And of course, I can't imagine building up enough money in just one month from selling art to help, so this would have to be a long term thing--something which I'd have no problem with--but what about everyone else?

I have so many insain ideas running through my head right now that I can't even think straight! So what do you guys think?

Is this totally ridiculously impossible? Or do you think it can be done, and would anyone like to help me on this little endeavor?

Keep an open mind--this is our home you know--we only have one planet to live on.... Unless of course we happen to find a Gaia or Terra out there somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BxymuiAxQ <--the Title song.