Click Here!

Question

PMantis42

I just recieved a review for one of my stories from someone named Phantomlinker who said that my story had been HOBFFed and gave me a link. I followed the link and was less than pleased to see that it was a forum for bad fanfiction. I don't mind it if people rag on me without my permission, but when they do that to my work, I get a little upset. Is there anything I can do here, or should I just learn to live with ignorant jerks who feel that they need to degrade my stuff in order to be able to bang their girlfriends? Unfortunately, I deleted the review so I can't report it or anything. I just don't know what do do here. Please help if you can. Thank you for your time and attention.

PS: if this is the wrong thread for this kind of thing, kindly tell me or transfer it.

All you can truly do is ignore this sort of thing. When it happens offsite like this, there is very little any of us can do about it. Whether as users, mods here, or whatever.

The most that I would be able to do, for example, as a moderator, is to voice my objections to the moderators of the other site on your behalf, and hope that they did something about it. Now, I CAN do something about it here.

Actually most of the people at that site are girls. All they need to bang their girlfriends is a dildo.

Thanks both of you, especially you JayDee. :drool: I needed the laugh right now. I'm not normally so techy about things, but I've had a bit of a bad start to the year. Again, thanks and I'll try to ignore the morons.

Awhile back, I had deleted most of my fanfiction from a site and a reader wanted to find me, but the site had blocked the links to other archives, so this reader did a search on my name on yahoo. I recieved an e-mail from this reader stating that some of my stories were on sites that I hadn't listed as archives. Out of curiousity, a bit annoyance, I decided to check it out myself. Fortunately, all but one of the sites seemed to be out of order, but the one site that was still working, I couldn't log onto for some reason, something called pashtoblog.com. I guess in situations like this, and your own, no matter how much it bothers you, there is really nothing you can do and let it lie, but I don't think you're out of order by being upset by it. I understand it completely.

In fairness, not all of them are morons... there are some pretty witty guys. Unfortunately, there are also some people out to stir trouble and be offensively mean about individuals rather than, say, jokey about wriitng. Hell, two of my stories have appeared on Topless Robot's fanfiction friday reviews with tags like "things that make me drink" and, for me, it's just... meh! or "hey that was a pretty funny comment!"

;)

My fanfic author page url got listed on wikipediadramatica or something like that. It's a site where they bash anyone and everyone. They went off on me. Claiming I had '100 degrees' and was a bitch, etc..

I knew which fanfic flamer had done it. Hell, his entire fanfic 'author page' is just slams against over two dozen authors he's flamed. I wouldn't call it an 'author page' since the idiot hasn't published a single thing.

So, to piss him off. I THANKED people for listing me on 'other sites' and bringing me even MORE readers and fans...Snicker.... Then I wrote a one-shot with the canons flaming each other with the very flames he used on me. I've only had ONE person in the 6 months since I published it - call it tacky. And frankly, I don't care. I got the last laugh because I'm STILL there!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.