Click Here!

New Family member!

Guest StSE

:ph34r: Wew! Thankgod it's not my stepson's girlfriend!

See, about the time the G1 Transformers series came out. (80's). I was one one of those quiet, unseen, artistic-type kids. The only one I really hung out with (besides the other outcasts at school) were my birds. Small parrot-types to be exact... Ended up breeding the things all through highschool, then had to sell them/give them up when I moved out of the house.

Well, fast forwards almost two decades. Got a crazy idea to post 'an available home for an unwanted parrot' on Craigslist two days ago. Heck, figured kids were old enough to watch their fingers - so why not?

So here I was, expecting someone to offer me a feather-plucking psycho to rehab. (what do you expect when you ask them to GIVE you one?!? Common sense - right) But a gentleman emailed me. Has a houseful of more kids and more pets than I do! (and that's saying a LOT! I've got a farm you know... LOL)... Was looking for a home for both of his birds.

Well, told him I could only take one. (the birds don't get along anyways - so no big deal. I just didn't want to tick hubby off..) So I picked the quiet one. It's an Eclectus Parrot, and a female! And nothing wrong with her, tame, healthy, etc... His kids just want another puppy..

So I'm going up there Thurs with my mother (she still has a bunch of lovebirds. So still goes to parrot shows all the time...) To pick her up. The guy's even giving me the cage!!! (so he says..) So if this turns out to really be true (and not some scam - ok, I'm pesimistic on 'free' stuff) - We'll have a new, bright red, family member soon! :D:D:D

Wow, congratulations! If it really works out, you've certainly had amazing luck.

I'm looking towards getting another dog some time this year, but given that I want the puppy from a particular combination and biology has a tendency to get in the way of those plans, I'm exercising my patience. :lol:

• 3 years later...

I wish you luck on this deal and I hope that it turns out to be real. Congratulations as well if it truly turns out well. I'm sure the bright red Eclectus parrot will be very happy to have a new home to be with and a new family for it to be have whilst relieved that she is away from her other 'annoying' parrot counterpart!

Edited by AutumnGoddes29