Click Here!

4 Yea rold Shoots Babysitter with Shotgun

Psychostorm

http://news.aol.com/article/4-year-old-sho...cops-say/294393

If a 4 year old shot me and I survived it would be the ass beating of a lifetime for the little punk. And what what dumbass keeps a loaded gun just laying around in the closet with kids in the house anyway?

To be honest, a four year old - unless shown MANY times that a gun is bad.. Simply hasn't a clue. And even if he's been shown, that doesn't mean he'll remember the lesson. The fault in this case lies soley on the idiot adult who placed the loaded gun where he could get his hands on it.

So after the adult gets out of the hospital, they need their ass beat again! This is how kids end up shooting each other..

Well, there are probably a lot of facts missing from that article, but based on what was there, I'd say that the kid had at least a basic idea of what he was doing. The babysitter stepped on his foot and in retaliation, he premediatedly got out a gun and shot him. Maybe the kid didn't know what the gun would do, but why go, purposefully, for that gun? My cousin's four year old knows exactly what guns do, she knows they're bad and that they 'make things stop moving', she even claims to hate them because they make people hurt. Children do have the capactity to understand these things, but that doesn't mean that all of them do. If the kid knew, even a little, what the gun would do, that it would cause pain, it's premeditated assault. I agree that the parents should be made responsible for the easy access, though. It's like gun shops selling guns to people who don't meet the criteria just to make some money, it's irresponsible and they should share in the guilt of the crime as giving access to the weapon.

Well, there are probably a lot of facts missing from that article, but based on what was there, I'd say that the kid had at least a basic idea of what he was doing. The babysitter stepped on his foot and in retaliation, he premediatedly got out a gun and shot him. Maybe the kid didn't know what the gun would do, but why go, purposefully, for that gun? My cousin's four year old knows exactly what guns do, she knows they're bad and that they 'make things stop moving', she even claims to hate them because they make people hurt. Children do have the capactity to understand these things, but that doesn't mean that all of them do. If the kid knew, even a little, what the gun would do, that it would cause pain, it's premeditated assault. I agree that the parents should be made responsible for the easy access, though. It's like gun shops selling guns to people who don't meet the criteria just to make some money, it's irresponsible and they should share in the guilt of the crime as giving access to the weapon.

Kids act more on impulse. And who's to say what type of video games he's been exposed to? Perhaps these teen babysitters and/or older siblings (maybe even parents) are the type to play games such as Halo or the Transformers? There's so much violence that children are exposed to nowadays - they become hardened to it. Think that people bounce back just like the characters. I deal with primarily teens with anger/behavioral issues. And I see how even at age 14 - some boys get such a blinding rage that the line between what they know is right and wron becomes blurred.

Not to mention my youngest stepson, who when I met him at age 5 - would go into a rage so blinding that only the fact that I was healthy, strong and made my living as a horse trainer - enabled me to keep him in line. He was the type to go off because I didn't let him have a toy at McDonalds that he'd go so berserk. I'd either throw him over my shoulder and carry him out with him pounding on my back, or I'd have to resort to the 'special ed' method - where I curled myself around him so that he couldn't move until the spell was over. Once he calmed down - he could think. I even had one time where he threw a fit because I was taking him home in my car - while his dad took my daughter home in his. That he went so ballistic - he was going to try and jump out of the moving car. Needless to say, I pulled over, told the husband to keep going (like training animals - a 'parent' MUST win or the kid loses any respect) I was holding screaming kid down, waiting for him to chill so that he could think. (kid even threw my glasses across the road) When a sheriff I know stopped. Needless to say, seeing the cop holding him made the kid come to. Sheriff approved of the methods used..... And to be honest, 5 years later the kid is FINALLY in control. No, he's not the type that spankings while he's in a rage work. Though 'ordered spankings' where he has to think about what's coming when 'dad' comes home while he's grounded - does work...

Sorry, I'm long-winded here. But as you can see, whether at work - or at home - I've seen and dealt with kids that have blind rages. And from what little is in this article, I suspect this 4-year-old has it. Do I have guns? Nope - got rid of them immediately when I realized my 'new son' had issues. Even got rid of all 'violent video games'. As the parent, it is MY responsibility to make sure no serious injuries result if my son loses his temper. It is also MY responsibility to teach the kid to storm off into his room and destroy HIS own stuff when he does. And finally, it is MY responsibility to warn anyone whom watches them about possible issues, and tell them how to react..

So the parents are fully liable..... And the child needs Psych/counseling help - or he will become a violent adult and endanger us all!

• 4 months later...
All hails to the kid, I would say. :lurk: Humanity is overrated and this "right to live"-thing is a big, fat lie.

There are no "rights" other than that which those in power chose to give the masses. So in essence your statement does ring true. I mean really, if the FBI busted into your house and gunned you down in cold blood what would happen? Not a damn thing. People might be like "that's fucked up" but they wouldn't actually do anything about it. Your "right to live" is solely dependent on those in power choosing to give it to you.

There are no "rights" other than that which those in power chose to give the masses. So in essence your statement does ring true. I mean really, if the FBI busted into your house and gunned you down in cold blood what would happen? Not a damn thing. People might be like "that's fucked up" but they wouldn't actually do anything about it. Your "right to live" is solely dependent on those in power choosing to give it to you.

I agree with every single word of your post, actually it was the rest that I would have written in my earlier post, guess I was just kind of busy to write some decadent, yet aristocratic Malfoycest further expand Lucius' and Draco's loving relationship. (Eh, actually I seem to be mostly unable to find any differences between those two things ...at least when I'm writing that stuff myself.)

Oh, except about the FBI thing, I don't think I am important a person enough that they would make a "have gun, will travel"-trip to Finland. Instead I guess they would just order the SUPO (Finnish version) to terminate precious me :D ...yeah, but of course I don't believe in my own right to live either.

I agree with every single word of your post, actually it was the rest that I would have written in my earlier post, guess I was just kind of busy to write some decadent, yet aristocratic Malfoycest further expand Lucius' and Draco's loving relationship. (Eh, actually I seem to be mostly unable to find any differences between those two things ...at least when I'm writing that stuff myself.)

Oh, except about the FBI thing, I don't think I am important a person enough that they would make a "have gun, will travel"-trip to Finland. Instead I guess they would just order the SUPO (Finnish version) to terminate precious me :) ...yeah, but of course I don't believe in my own right to live either.

I remember in Greece a while back people rioted for like a month because a cop shot a 15 year old. I guess they actually give a fuck in that country.